Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Pandora's Tower 1st Official US Trailer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 11, 2013 2:53:16 PM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
Pandora's Tower's Spring 2013 launch window has been officially narrowed down to an April launch! No specific day yet, but we'll let you know soon. Until then, have a shiny new story trailer, view-able on our XSEED Games Youtube account:

http://www.youtube.com/user/XSEEDgames?feature=watch

I am really looking forward to this one. Great looking trailer!

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 3:00:54 PM PDT
Ryan says:
I would be excited...but I already own a PAL copy of the game and hacked my Wii just to play it. Oh well.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 3:10:08 PM PDT
I didn't import this one (just Xeno) and it looks really cool. I love the (manageable) time-limit mechanic and the tower seems really interesting and almost metroid-like with its shortcuts and secrets.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 3:16:19 PM PDT
Gameresq says:
I am looking forward to this

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 4:15:01 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I'll pass.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 4:39:55 PM PDT
new Tron says:
Can't wait!

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 5:06:36 PM PDT
Benpachi says:
That looks great, so glad we wound up getting this over here.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 5:10:53 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I'm glad it came out here as well. Just doesn't look like my cup of tea.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 5:11:09 PM PDT
Aku says:
I'm intrigued, but I have no idea how it plays. What's a good equivalent to compare it to?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 5:21:07 PM PDT
Gameresq says:
From what I have read, it is described as being similar to The Last Story

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 5:34:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 11, 2013 5:35:28 PM PDT
This is a neat game. I really, really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it so much that I'm buying the NTSC version just to have it. It's more of an RPG-lite with a Castlevania vibe. I think the story was also done incredibly well-done for the most part.

TLS, Xenoblade, and Pandora's Tower are all very different RPGs.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 12:01:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 12:02:38 PM PDT
Some youtubers (like Nintendomination) have put up gameply videos from the European version. It looks like it will have a deeply emotional story (like The Last Story), but the gameplay will be more action-oriented than TLS. There seem to be 2 phases that you switch between: the observatory (your base) and the 13 towers (enemy dungeons). You navigate the dungeons hunting for enemies and items (in chests and about) which are scattered through complex dungeon maps. After you collect enough special items, you are expected to return to the base to give or trade them. After watching a half hour of gameplay, i only saw 1 magic spell (binding a special enemy to transform it to meat), but i remember reading that there are a lot of creative uses for your secondary weapon (the Oraclos chain). Probably more magic spells too.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Mar 11, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions