Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Mass Effect 3 gets unofficial happy ending mod

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 10, 2012 9:12:18 PM PST
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/08/mass-effect-3-gets-unofficial-happy-ending-mod/

Mass Effect 3 gets unofficial happy ending mod

Richard Cobbett at 05:30pm November 8 2012

Still depressed at the [CENSORED] way that [CENSORED] happened during Mass Effect's infamous [CENSORED] sequence? Bioware's not going to change it. One modder has however, and maybe you'll find it more to your tastes. It tinkers around with the existing scenes rather than creating new ones from scratch. Download it to see it starring with your Shepard, or watch the movie version below.

Needless to say: SPOILER WARNING. To be exact, ALL THE SPOILERS. Though you'll need to switch off the annotations if you want to see any - the creator went... uh... slightly overboard there.

Now THAT is a someone who really wanted a happy ending.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:12:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 9:12:56 PM PST
I'm not sure why more people didn't take this guy's idea if they were so unhappy with the ending.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:26:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 9:26:42 PM PST
Because that would require hard work and actual though on their part, rather than reactionary hatred.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:30:13 PM PST
Definitely true. While we're on the subject, what was your opinion on the ending?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:36:42 PM PST
Missing closure, though I LOVED the Stargazer scene at the end.

The extended cut was basically everything I wanted (a couple minutes about each ending), BUT the Normandy leaving that jungle planet took away all meaning from that scene.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:40:24 PM PST
You mean the part where a boy and a man look into the sky and talk about the story of SHepard? That part was outstanding, in my opinion.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 9:54:24 PM PST
Meatwad says:
Two words: Dead horse.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:16:07 PM PST
Yep. I loved it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:39:45 PM PST
AndrewA says:
Agreed. I hope this guy hasn't been working on it since March. That'd be a massive waste of time.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 10:44:43 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
Happy ending mod? Am I really the only one seeing the obvious joke opportunity here?

-I really liked the ending with the old man and the kid btw. That was actually very cool-

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 11:49:26 PM PST
Maria Vitale says:
It's not the original ending(s) that bothered me as much as having whatever decisions I chose for the first two games completely nullified by the entire third game in its entirety. Nothing I did made one bit of difference. I didn't need a "happy" ending. I was pretty much resigned to the fact that Shepard (and his crew) would make the ultimate sacrifice in order to save the universe. But however you chose to play the game, whatever "choices" you made, you still only had those three extremely similar endings and that was the ultimate insult as far as I was concerned.

The holographic AI of the child was nonsensical. The decision to name the "weapon" Crucible was I felt foreboding but no one else seemed to take one bit of notice. It never seemed to be intended to destroy the Reapers at all but rather to test whether any race could ever make peace with synthetics and thereby actually pose a realistic threat to those who created the Reapers in the first place. Once that "test" was passed, they could be fooled into believing that the Crucible could be used to destroy the Reapers -- but at a price that no one could have foreseen.

And that was just so much hogwash. It spit in the face of the lore that had preceded it all in the previous two games and it just felt like their original ending was either not working or was just taking far too long to finish and they decided to throw this piece of crap together at the last possible moment.

As for releasing that "extended" ending, I laughed. Yeah, I'm five years old. Please, take me by the hand, toss in some pretty pictures to "explain" it all to me so I can go back to sucking my thumb until the next Bioware game is released. I did play it. I chose to refuse all three endings but I didn't get to send the holo brat to hell. I died and condemned everyone else along with me but my conscience was clear. I still hated the entire game for the misery they put me through and I found it ridiculous that Shepard should be heralded as a hero by some nameless people that managed to somehow succeed where he failed. Talk about schmaltz.

This mod was obviously created out of pure frustration. Like it or hate it, it's a clear indication of just how strongly some people still feel about the game's original endings.

The one thing that does puzzle me though, is how anyone could be that stupid to continue to buy DLCs such as Leviathon when they know that nothing in it would or could ever affect the original endings. I mean, what's the point? Why give Bioware even more money, for Christ's sake? Jeez, people. Grow up already. DLCs are a joke, especially where this game is concerned.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:09:54 AM PST
AndrewA says:
Speaking of growing up, everyone's moved on from this argument. You didn't even add anything new to it

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:14:53 AM PST
Oh, snap! You have just been sainted.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 1:14:45 AM PST
Really, given the fact that in the course of the game (and no one had a problem with this) literally trillions of sentient beings died at the hands of the Reapers, an out-and-out "happy" ending is rather inappropriate.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 2:07:20 AM PST
Wow, it's really good!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 4:35:41 AM PST
I like the idea of modding an ending a hell of a lot better than ibtching until you get the one you want.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 4:42:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 4:45:55 AM PST
Yep.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 4:43:43 AM PST
I totally thought this was some kind of sexual thing...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:19:22 AM PST
I wonder when the Skyrim "Happy Ending" mod will be released. Would be nice to have some massage parlors in the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:22:32 AM PST
They're probably already there. I know for a fact there are multiple "intimate encounter" mods.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:34:12 AM PST
Benpachi says:
So what is the happy ending? Does Shepard have his way with the butthurt fans?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:34:16 AM PST
I have been tempted to download some of the "body" mods. The only thing is that most of the ones I've found make the character models look a LOT better.....but half of them are naked.

I did that for Fallout 3 and it just really made me feel pervy since half the characters in the game had like rags on, the character models pretty much all were naked. I really am not a fan of the original models, but also kind of dont want to play these games where half the characters are running around nude.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:36:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 6:37:27 AM PST
Actually, I think all of the body mods offer non-nude versions with various lingerie or bathing suit covers for the models.

If you want some help getting those mods up and running let me know. I've used about a dozen different ones before settling on my current body mods and can help you find a combination that really works well.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:45:04 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Please let it be like this:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/03/16

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 4:43:20 PM PST
OMNOMNOM
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Nov 10, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions