Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Do you buy game-related comics, books or art books?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 21, 2012 4:12:39 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
I enjoy them a lot, there's some decent/good authors out there that really come up with good narratives and beautiful art.
I have checked the Darksiders Vault book, some of the Halo novels and I got Hyrule Historia pre-ordered, what about you guys?

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 4:53:31 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
I buy some novels. I've read most of the halo ones, some of the mass effect books, even though I don't really like the game,well I never played the third one and don't plan on doing so. I've always avoided the gears boks because karen traviss's writing can bore me sometimes, but she did do a decent job with the Thursday war. I tried a sample of one of the darkstalkers books and didn't really like it.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 4:57:20 PM PST
Sometimes.

I have The Calling (Dragon Age). And The Last Wish.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:03:39 PM PST
A few. I own The BioShock novel, and I'm getting the art book for Infinite, as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:13:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 5:13:46 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
oh yeah, I need to check those mass effect books :)
What about artbooks?

@Private Quentin Tarantino Fan
Didn't know it was a separate pre-order, do you have a link?

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:18:18 PM PST
User says:
I`ve got the book of Cain, mass effect art book, assassins creed 1 art book, elder scrolls art book. I like art books. If i enjoy the series, i try to get the art books.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:22:57 PM PST
Hey says:
I read the Batman Arkham Unhinged comics, which exist in the same continuity as the games rather than the current New 52 continuity. They're hit or miss but a few issues have been REALLY good.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:35:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 5:37:02 PM PST
The Art of Bioshock Infinite

In case you are wondering, I'm getting the BioShock Infinite art book via the Pre-order special edition.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 6:00:31 PM PST
OoAK says:
I've got pretty much all of the Dragon Age, Mass Effect, & Gears of War comics/novels.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 6:05:08 PM PST
AndrewA says:
The halo novels I've read were enjoyable enough. I haven't really read anything for other series.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:08:20 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
did you like glasslands? I skipped that one. The sample turned me off completely. I read Thursday war just because I knew the Didact was hinted toward. I wanted to read how Lucy got her voice back in Glasslands, but also heard it was really a wimpy moment, and should have been executed much better.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 6:13:35 PM PST
Krypto says:
I have one of the Sly Cooper comics that took place in between 2 and 3. I thought they should've done a PSP game based on the comics series, maybe on Vita.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions