Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The Hobbit comes out this weekend...anyone planning on seeing it?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 168 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 11, 2012 7:20:03 AM PST
Beau H. says:
I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about this movie. It's currently sitting at 74% on RT. I don't think it's going to be anywhere near as good as the LotR movies were/are.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 7:21:16 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
This movie looks dumb. Total ripoff of the Lord of the Rings movies.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 7:21:45 AM PST
Beau H. says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 7:23:05 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Definitely seeing it, but not sure about this weekend. It's always a gamble on opening weekend for me. Could get a group of respectful, passionate fans, or just a loud ruckus of people who don't care.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 7:23:26 AM PST
Planning on seeing it? Yes. Planning on seeing it this weekend? Probably not.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 7:24:18 AM PST
I'll buy the BD when it comes out.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 7:24:46 AM PST
I'm waiting for this on disk. I can buy a movie for less than the price of a ticket these days.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 7:25:38 AM PST
Banner says:
A friend of mine saw it at some sort of premier. He said it was good. But he's not that nerdy so he could be wrong.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 7:26:29 AM PST
As soon as I can find a babysitter, yes. I love going to the movies, it's such a nice date night with the wife.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 7:27:14 AM PST
Ice King says:
I'll never understand that mentality. What kind of person spends money to go to the movies only to talk or text during the whole thing?

It should be legal to physically throw someone out of the theater if they're being disruptive. Preferrably give them a few bruises to remember the next time they think it's ok to answer their phone while the movie is playing while we're at it.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 7:28:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 7:29:32 AM PST
Renoreigns says:
I think it will be good, just nothing like the first trilogy. For what its worth he wasn't the initial director working on the movies. Remember Del Toro was supposed to direct them. Jackson had more than enough time to make the changes he wanted but we'll never be sure of what happened behind the scenes. For all we know he may have wanted more time to develop but was hindered by time restraints. I mean really, he has all three done already. It could explain all of the CGI rather than practical effects and yes I still have faith in Peter Jackson so I will be going to the imax showing.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 7:28:28 AM PST
Yes. Both this and Jack Reacher (which I was an extra in, for like 2 or 3 seconds).

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 7:28:43 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
I definitely want to see this movie but I haven't made any plans to do so just yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 7:29:11 AM PST
Beau H. says:
"It should be legal to physically throw someone out of the theater if they're being disruptive."

At my local Cinemark they run an admonishment before every movie where they claim they'll throw you out if you're caught talking or texting during a movie. Don't know if they really mean it or if it's just a scare tactic though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 7:29:26 AM PST
I think the nerd factor will bring out the passionate fans with this one.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 7:30:43 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 7:31:04 AM PST
Hubby and I will go see it next week. We're both huge Tolkien fans, so I think we'll enjoy it. My only hesitation is the way it's been stretched out into three installments, given the length of The Hobbit (the novel) as compared to the LotR series of books.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 7:31:36 AM PST
It's good that a movie is bad?

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 7:31:58 AM PST
LogJam says:
Only if Andy Serkis legally changes the spelling of his name to Andy Circus, because that would be great.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 7:33:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 7:35:00 AM PST
Ice King says:
There was a theater in Texas I think that threw some idiot woman out for being disruptive so she called the next day and left an angry voicemail about how the theater violated her rights and the usualy ignorant nonsense a self centered twit spews when they get in trouble for their anti-social behavior.
The theater used it for their before movie warning about not talking.

Edit: It's The Alamo Drafthouse. Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3eeC2lJZs

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 7:33:08 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
I hope to find time to see it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 7:34:36 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 7:35:11 AM PST
Beau H. says:
Ha ha. See, that's where I expected it would go if a theater actually acted on that threat. Eventually, I figure someone would file a lawsuit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 7:37:45 AM PST
klopas says:
The fact that he liked it and is not that nerdy is a good thing in my opinion. LotR nerds could very well nit-pick every minute detail of the movie and say that it stinks if it doesn't hold true to every element of the book.

I'll be seeing it this weekend even though I wasn't a huge fan of the LotR movies.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 7:38:17 AM PST
According to an article that I read, as soon as Peter Jackson found out that some horses died, he cut ties with that facility, that was housing them.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Oct PS+: Driveclub, Dust, Spelunky, Batman AA, D&D, Pix The Cat, Rainbow Moon 17 1 second ago
Your Thoughts on Upcoming Wii U games? 9 32 seconds ago
final fantasy xiii-2 *spoilers* 16 50 seconds ago
DayZ For Xbox One Looks Likely as Dev Denies PS4 Exclusivity 13 53 seconds ago
My impressions of Mordor after around 1 1/2 hours on PC. Hint: It's good. 172 1 minute ago
Destiny Engram Patch detailed....finally! 217 1 minute ago
Girl, 16, to be tried as adult in Craigslist Playstation slaying 40 1 minute ago
OT: Week 5 of the NFL Season: With no stand out teams...the NFL season seems to be open for just about anyone....except for the raiders. WHO YA GOT! 32 2 minutes ago
Closed Beta for 'The Crew" Coming to the PS4/X1 in September. 15 2 minutes ago
Jason the rational Sony fan, where are you? 0 3 minutes ago
Hyrule Warriors, anyone playing it? 30 4 minutes ago
Weekly Sales Sept 20th 2014 5 13 minutes ago

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  52
Total posts:  168
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions