Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

LoL: Need a new top laner, possibly one opposite of my current main

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 8, 2013 9:08:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 9:09:16 AM PST
Iso says:
So, I have been wrecking as Wukong, both ranked and normal queue. However, I feel I need something different enough to provide a counter or at least something to have fun with. Tried a bit of Yorick, he is very viable however he seems spammy and a bit boring. I am also having a problem initiating with him, and securing kills.

What are some of the best top laners right now? Who should I start playing next?

I got Fiora, Jax, Pantheon, and Olaf as possibilties due to my playing style.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 9:09:03 AM PST
Beau says:
What on earth did I just read?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:09:38 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
you are speaking another language that i cant understand.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:09:50 AM PST
Iso says:
Obviously nothing that should concern you. ;)

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 9:10:07 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
"Maybe we should record this and play it back in slow motion."

Seriously though, he's talking about League of Legends. That arena MMO where the harder you masturbate the more powerful your character becomes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:11:41 AM PST
I have a few ideas for you and I'll respond in a minute

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:12:20 AM PST
Hence why I'm a god-like mass of destruction.

They call me "Spider Man" because my hands are always sticky when I'm on the web.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:12:26 AM PST
Iso says:
I am a master skeeter.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:14:30 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
LOL, that's a good one. I never heard that one before. If you just made that up, that's awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:14:34 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Just don't spider man on my face and we'll still be friends.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:15:01 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Good to know I can give you a pearl necklace and we'll still be friends.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:16:26 AM PST
Panth is good, but he can easily be shut down with a few stuns and is usually pretty squish.

Fiora isn't bad, but you don't have high sustain and once you blow your skills you're fairly useless after you get slowed down.

Jax is pretty good and is a decent counter for certain champs, but Olaf would be my main pick out of those 4.

He's got a decent amount of sustain, low cooldowns, a slow, and a CC-removing ult. The true damage from his E is exceptional against other beefy bruisers. He's one of my favorite champs and I've even written a few guides for him when he was first release (which are ALL outdated now).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:16:51 AM PST
Haha, no, I heard it on the radio this morning.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:17:21 AM PST
jtshiel says:
haha
I think you missed out on the Spider man PSOne game description thread. It was funny till the mods showed up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:19:38 AM PST
Iso says:
Which of those would you say are great late game champs, since that seems like our teams bread and butter. Even if I fall behind and lose my lane as Wukong, I usually come back extremely strong.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:24:12 AM PST
Olaf is exceptional late game even if he doesn't get fed. Fiora kind of craps out unless she's fed. Panth can hit very hard late game with a guaranteed crit, but CC can always shut down a melee AD if you're not careful. I usually only play melee AD as bruisers, damage sponges, gankers, etc.

It's much more beneficial to a team to give all the farm to your ADC or APC. They're extremely hard to shut down when the rest of your team can cover them while they nuke your enemies.

Olaf is one of the few ADCs that you really can't shut down. So you snare him... Olaf doesn't care, Olaf ults and beats the crap out of your ADC anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:24:16 AM PST
I enjoyed it quite a bit. A little too much maybe.... It looks like spiderman was up in my house. Seems to that my web flung everywhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:27:27 AM PST
Iso says:
Looks like I may try that.

What Rune/Mastery/Item build do you use?

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 9:29:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 11:34:50 AM PST
I see Darius top a bunch. I love Wukong top but my favorite has to be Teemo.

Teemo is very effective top, especially against Darius....His Q outranges his grab and makes it difficult for him to get close without getting stuck. What I do is basic attack + Q + basic since the Q resets the attack counter. This combo early game with a needlessly large rod can be devastating. You just have to play carefully, and poke until his health drops below 25% most of the time. Well, that is unless he runs into a pile of shrooms :)

Other suggestion would be Cho'gath. He's one of the scariest people to go up against solo as Teemo.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:31:02 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I believe Cho is a bot champ. But I really only pretend to know things about the ranked meta.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:31:31 AM PST
I started a new Teemo build. I rush Morellonomicron and then get the sorc boots with the +12% MS on hit. It absolutely destroys all top laners including those that rely on high health regen like Cho, Yorick, Voli, etc.

Then I get a rod.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:31:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 9:32:34 AM PST
Cho is an awesome bottom but I've seen him do excellent solo top before.

Heck, I've even seen him do decent mid although I wouldn't recommend it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:31:57 AM PST
Cho can top, jungle, mid, or bot lane depending on how you build him. He's pretty versatile.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:34:49 AM PST
I'll have to look, but I think I use:

Runes:
flat AD quints,
flat AD reds,
flat armor yellows,
MR per level blues

Masteries:
20-10-0 or 0-30-0

Items:
It all depends. Usually Frozen Mallet and then everything else is situational. I build him very beefy so he can stay in fights long.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:42:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 9:48:00 AM PST
Nice! I'll have to try that out.

What I do the majority of the time (even though it's risky) is dorans blade (start) - Needlessly large rod - zerker boots (although often times change to sorcery depending on champ/flow), rabadons, maladay, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, and finally Liandry's Torment. The last item switches often but is either Morellonomicron, Deathfires Rrasp, or another Rabadons.

I'm tons of AP with a slight attack speed increase. Getting needlessly so early tends to throw the other laner off. I almost always get Darius to b and push lane to tower after picking it up. Though Wukong can be a little more stubborn because of his W...Although he's not quite as tanky.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions