Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT, Kinda, I guess: Price Match Promotion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2012 6:50:15 AM PST
User says:
I was just wondering if anyone has tested out the supposed Best Buy price match for online retailers that is potentially running through the 17th.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:25:30 AM PST
link64dx says:
yes it works, what are you trying to match?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:27:38 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:47 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:30:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 7:31:23 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Why not just give newegg the sale? They are the ones with the deals. They should reap the benefits of those deals. Best Buy is only doing this as a reaction to their declining company status from electronics retailer to electronics showroom.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:10:09 AM PST
User says:
I was going to get this gimmick Razer Nostromo PC Gaming Keypad

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:14:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 8:14:57 AM PST
Well I always like seeing the face of the customer complaints people when you ask for a price match that's 15 dollars lower than bestbuys price. Plus you don't have to wait for shipping.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:43:21 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:47 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:03:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 10:04:50 AM PST
Ice King says:
I've always wondered something about price match policies. Is there a limit to what they'll match?
For example, if I ran a small video game store and I wanted to get a bunch of cheap copies of a new game could I run an ad saying that I was selling Borderlands 2 for say, $5 knowing that I only had one or two copies to sell and was wililng to take a loss, then go to Best Buy and get them to price match and buy as many as I wanted for $5 to sell at full price the next week when my "sale" ended?

Is that even legal? I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this, and someone much less ethical and with far more means than me must have tried it before.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:08:42 AM PST
User says:
They say competitors in the fine print. A small shop isn't really a competitor of Best Buy. At least that's my take on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:18:00 AM PST
Ice King says:
Technically it is. If they're both selling the same thing in the same area, wouldn't that mean they're competing for the same customers?

They probably have a legal definition of "competitor" worked out or something.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:19:57 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
Technically they are a competitor but BB and other big retailers don't consider them one because they don't have enough volume of consumers to impact their profit margin.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:46:16 AM PST
Gameresq says:
Typically, such offers have language to the effect "quantities limited". While you might be able to implement the proposed strategy, if you were only able to secure 5 copies of a game, would it be worth it?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:30:10 AM PST
The Duderino says:
This wouldn't work. Best Buy calls the competitor to ensure that they have the item in stock. I pricematched toys r us for my ac3 purchase, and the best buy rep had to call my local store to make sure they have it in order to get my money back.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions