Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Weekend gaming recap

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 75 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:53:46 PM PST
Nicos says:
haha, awesome. Our guy at the crown almost won the game as a toad ( I don't think the rules let you do that, but we house ruled it because we wanted him to win the game as a toad). But yeah.. 12 hours.. dang. I know on the box it says "90 minutes" and that makes me laugh every time. I don't think we have ever had a game that didn't last for 3 hours or longer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:10:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 6:10:37 AM PST
Shanghaied says:
Played a Talisman game the other day with 6 people that lasted 12 hours, and we didn't finish the game. Someone got to the crown and then got the command spell reflected back at them and died.

We didn't have the will to keep playing at that point, but it was hilarious!

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 11:25:13 PM PST
Nicos says:
Fallout New Vegas. Finished Honest Hearts. Started on Old World Blues. Played vaniall Talisman (fun) and played Monsters Menace America instead of Zombicide (not so fun). The game is just super quick and the monster showdown at the end just isn't very satisfying. Unlike Talisman where you are building toward this epic showdown at the crown. Oh well.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:03:00 PM PST
Technosapien says:
Got the plat in Okami HD, finished Walking Dead Ep. 3 and started Ep. 4, and started inFamous: Festival of Blood.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:18:05 AM PST
I played Pokemon all week. Finished off Sapphire and started migrating all the Pokemon over. I'm down to one last one for that generation. Need to get my Feebas to evolve (this is retarded btw). Working on it right now.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:08:08 AM PST
S. Brown says:
Got some good gaming time this weekend. I mostly played Black Ops and took advantage of the double XP, dabbled in some campaign, played some LBP Karting, a bit of Xenoblade and then on Sunday set up and tried out the WiiU!

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:00:14 AM PST
waxc3 says:
beat the campaign in Black Ops2. loved it! wasnt expecting too much but it was really well done.

started that dlc for Sleeping Dogs with the vampires and demons. so far (an hour in) its so so. maybe i have been away from the game too long. i wasnt pleased that all of my main campaign unlocks dont matter in the dlc. but soon i realized its crazy easy to unlock stuff so i stopped worrying.

broke 218,000

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:58:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 8:58:17 AM PST
I finally picked up Max Payne 3 this weekend, I was planning to try to snag a copy from walmart on black Friday for 15 bucks but Best Buy had it for 20 so I was more than happy to pay 5 extra bucks for it in order to avoid entering the thunderdome that will be walmart on BF. Got to say the game is pretty dang awesome, wish I had not been so darn hesitant to pick it up.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:52:38 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Risk: Domination, pretty much all weekend

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:45:33 AM PST
Athas says:
Xenosaga III - Disc 2. Ending of Disc 1 was a doozy. I'm wowed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 8:09:45 AM PST
Two of my favorite games of the gen. How about that ending on ME. Did you manage to pull it off on pacifist?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 8:06:02 AM PST
yeah I can't remember using that one. I got all the weapons so I know I had it. I must have just upgraded faith completely by the time I got that one so never upgraded it to see it's potential.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 8:02:09 AM PST
I feel like I played probably 20 hours of Guildwars 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:58:37 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
No, 1 handed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:58:14 AM PST
That's a two handed one right?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:57:17 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I used the phoenix sword.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:56:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 7:57:57 AM PST
There are definitely some sidequests that are worth doing. You may want to do some game faq searching to find the ones that aren't just a time suck. For instance some give you some nice weapons and such. Some on the other hand can lead to hours of farming for nearly meaningless money. Stick with the story for a while. Once you get the sword Faith (you may already have it)...for me that was the best sword in the game. Level that bad boy up and enjoy.

Once you get to the half way mark (it's pretty obvious what the half way mark is but just in case...it's at the point where the story jumps ahead) if you are still not interested in the story and you aren't enjoying it...you can safely give up on it then. Because that is one awesome part of the story. The story continues to get better but if that doesn't peak your interest I doubt the rest will.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 7:52:43 AM PST
G-Money says:
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years - Rydia's tale - just finished the sealedcave and have been level grinding. Downloaded the full version of Double Dragon Neon - Lot's of fun playing with my 5 year old, but could not get pass skullmaggedon (who looks and sounds like the Robot chicken version of skeletor), kind of hard tryig to explain strategies with a 5yr old but we almost got him on our third try. Played some GTA Vice City-trying to get 100% on that. And finnaly played Michael Jackson Dance game as well as Bleach: Shattered Balde with both the 5yr old and 3yr old, that was pretty fun

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 7:32:38 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I forgot, I also went to my parents house this weekend as my younger brothers got a Wii-U. But all they did was set it up and transfer from the Wii. After an hour I got bored and left, didn't even get to see a game played. Maybe I'll stop by tonight if I'm really curious. Or I'll just wait until Thanksgiving.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:31:13 AM PST
I probably will still try to complete some of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:30:04 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I've got completionist-itis. I did all the sidequests I could find in the first half.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 7:28:46 AM PST
Thanks guys with the advice on Nier. I got the impression early on that the side quests were not going to be things that I enjoy. I'm going to stick to the story. The farming aspect seems cool so I might mess around with that to make money. I do tend to get bogged down with trying to do every quest in RPG's. I'll stick to it and keep playing.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 7:24:01 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Played Assassin's Creed 3. Still in Sequence 9 doing a ton of side quests. Finished up the Boston Underground and all assassin recruit missions, now I'm doing homestead missions and working on collectibles in the frontier (only just got the maps revealing all that stuff).

Also finished playing through Renegade Ops with a friend. Great game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:20:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 7:21:17 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
The enemies should be around your level. The only one where you are going to want to be a high level before attempting is Point Lookout. You should be at least 25 before going there.

Make multiple saves just in case though because you can't get out once you start until it's done, then there is always the possibility of a game breaking bug while you're doing the DLC.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 7:19:16 AM PST
Sars says:
I hit level 55 in cod bo2, and started up the wii u and played some nintendo land and watched my wife play some epic mickey.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  75
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions