Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale makes the Top 40 sales chart in UK

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 64 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 28, 2012 7:10:46 AM PST
Waldo says:
Yes, because less than a whole full day of being released before they tally sales is TOTALLY fair! *rolls eyes*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:08:32 AM PST
"Facts?"

The facts in my article are verifiably true. Most games are launched without a full week to tally sales. Halo 4, Black Ops II, Gran Turismo 5 and Animal Crossing: New Leaf (among many others) earned respectable positions on sales charts despite not having a full week. Not sure why anyone might think PSABR should get special treatment.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:56:08 AM PST
Nothing wrong with liking a game

I bought the game :3

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:55:18 AM PST
I.Flores says:
If an article supports KK's fanboy agenda, it's a trustworthy source. if it doesn't, it "proves nothing."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:48:48 AM PST
What?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:46:33 AM PST
I.Flores says:
You say Greg's article proves nothing, and yet, you consider Jason's article to be trustworthy and laugh at the "facts" it supposedly proves.
But we all know which way your fanboy bat swings, so it's not as anybody's surprised.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 4:49:37 AM PST
You don't want to see millions of people trade in their systems for a chance to play as Emmett Graves?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 4:45:04 AM PST
Because I have come to realize that a great deal of gamers, want companies to fail and people to lose jobs.

The game isn't terrible, I don't think it's as fun as Brawl is (there is something magical about Brawl) but it's still fun.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 2:40:46 AM PST
Nicos says:
surprise surprise the brits don't know from fun

bomb the UK

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 1:58:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 2:03:14 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
Another non sarcastic, totally heartfelt comment from Jason supporting Sony and its systems.

How could I have been so wrong about you?

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:36:34 AM PST
Waldo says:
Not mad at anyone. Just annoyed with all the troll posts.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 1:34:54 AM PST
Why are you so mad at me?

I don't hate Sony and I plan on getting Battle Royale. I was simply commenting on the article you posted.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:21:54 AM PST
Waldo says:
Don't get how people are such diehard trolls. Why can't you like all games/gaming platforms without all the hate for any game/company/console? Grow up already really!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 1:05:33 AM PST
Hello Gregory Stevens. By the way, it's spelled "Kryptonite".

Anyway, that link you posted proves nothing. Yes, the game was offered digitally but we don't know the digital sales. The author tries to say it's "unfair" but same thing can be said about any game that has poor retail sales(that is also offered in digital form).

What the Sony rep. said is interesting. But you never know, sales expectations could be low and I wouldn't be surprised coming from Sony.

Bottom line, as the author said, we have to wait till the November data comes out to prove anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 12:15:11 AM PST
Riyoshi says:
He's held hostage by Activision, just like Spyro. Rumors say, they already killed them...

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 10:02:43 PM PST
DVvM says:
If Crash Bandicoot were in this game, it would have sold better.

WHERE IS CRASH BANDICOOT?

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 9:05:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 1:16:20 AM PST
Waldo says:
@ Kryptonite:

Read comment above yours!

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 8:54:55 PM PST
LOL. Nintendo releases a first-party character crossover fighting game and it sells like hotcakes. Sony does the same but sales are weak. What went wrong Sony?

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 8:35:30 PM PST
Waldo says:
Report is flawed to begin with: For starters, All-Stars launched in the UK on November 23rd. Weekly sales ceased being counted on November 24th. But perhaps the bigger issue is that All-Stars was also available digitally day one for both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, and digital downloads are becoming a popular option for PlayStation gamers, especially on the latter platform.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/27/playstation-all-stars-sales-are-right-on-target

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 8:53:53 AM PST
saskamazon says:
we've been really enjoying All Stars ... for me, the SP story mode meets my needs - I'm almost finished the PS3 version, although now I'm trying them on the hardest level, & for some matches, almost impossible ... hopefully the NA sales number will reflect better ... just yesterday while in Future Shop I sold a woman on buying the PS3 version ... she was so pleased with my input she remarked I should come with her this weekend to do her electronics shopping ... she left with All Stars & A Vita game ... I'm out there doing all I can for Sony sales - lol.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 8:48:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 8:50:50 AM PST
John McClane says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 8:38:32 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
There is an outside chance a remake of sorts may end up on XBLA.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 8:37:10 AM PST
Nightmare says:
I wish they would make a new Killer Instinct game. It's my favorite fighting game ever (partly for the memories, but it really holds up well for being so old). Of course, I would really love to see a KI movie, but that's not going to happen . . . . . :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 8:24:51 AM PST
I.Flores says:
Unless they make it an FPS brawler.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 8:22:03 AM PST
That furry from Dust. I bet they could probably get The Kid from Bastion. The Gunstringer.

The problem is a mascots brawler from MS would've a sales flop.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  64
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions