Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Walking Dead Game - Episode 5 Discussion **SPOILERS**

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2012 6:47:40 AM PST
G-Love says:
I was able to finish this episode last night and WOW!! Such a wild episode, with some very tough decisions to make. I think they did a superb job wrapping up the series, except maybe for the ending (my ending at least). Like the other threads, there are SPOILERS below, so please don't read unless you have already completed the episode! You deserve to get the full experience.

**SPOILERS**

Here are the choices that I made below. Keep in mind that I had Kenny, Ben, Omid, and Christa in my final group.

- Chose to cut-off my arm. I didn't think it would save me, but figured I could maybe last a little longer without the infection overtaking me.
- Told Omid and Christa that I wanted them to take care of Clem when I died.
- Agreed with Christa that the group should go to the countryside and avoid cities.
- When Ben fell and impaled himself, Kenny and myself went down there to try and save him. When walkers began to come, Kenny told me to leave, and I did. Would anything change if I had refused?
- I went across the sign near the hotel first, and it broke, leaving Omid and Christa behind. Would it have been different if they went first?
- Told Omid and Christa after the sign broke to meet myself and Clem by the train.
- I put down all of my items when the Stranger asked me to, including the cleaver.
- I shot the Stranger when given the option. I was surprised to see according to the stats at the end that most people didn't. Why not? He was already dead! I just didn't want him to turn and possibly hurt Clem.
- I told Clem to go to look for Omid and Christa at the train, live in the countryside, and that I would miss her.
- I had Clem shoot me at the very end.

Overall, it was an extremely emotional episode, especially the ending with Clem. That was heart-wrenching when she was begging Lee to get up, but he just couldn't.

I also thought the scene with the Stranger was very interesting. I liked how they tied up many of your decisions in past episodes together. I didn't take the food out of the car, but since others in my party did, he was still upset. He then got mad about how I brought her to Crawford and a few other things. Does anyone know if there is a way to not make him mad at you at all?

What did you guys think of the scene after the credits rolled? Who do you think those two figures were? Are there other possible endings? I was kinda mad, since I told Omid, Christa, and Clem to go to the train, and it looks like they never met there. If I had to guess, I would say those two figures were Omid and Christa, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were the next antagonists for Season 2. I don't believe they were walkers since they walked somewhat normally.

I think TellTale did a fantastic job with this game! This series may actually be my game of the year. I hope they get awards at the end of the year, and I can't wait for the next season to come out!

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:44:12 AM PST
Just got done playing through and holy crap what an episode that was. Surprised more people aren't discussing this!

I only had Kenny, Omid, and Christa with me since I let Ben die in the prior episode.

- Cut off my arm though I didn't think it would work, I figured at best it would slow down the process and help keep the group focused since I would be in pretty bad shape. I knew Lee was a goner so there wasn't much to lose on that.

- Told Omid and Christa that I wanted them to take Clem into the country side. After we lost the boat and how hard it was to get that there was no reason to keep screwing around in cities.

- No on fell at the jump because I had the right amount of people. Kenny died though saving Christa when Lee dropped the radio while on the roof.

- Went across the sign first and told Omid and Christa to find myself and Clem once they found a way down.

- I only put the radio down and kept the cleaver hoping to get a chance to bury that thing in his skull.

- Shot the stranger as well, I wasn't going to let anything or anyone harm Clem.

- Told Clem to look for Omid and Christa and to keep to the high ground.

- Had Clem handcuff Lee because she had a weapon to deal with the walker and if Lee turned I worried she wouldn't be able to do it.

- I had Clem leave Lee because she needed to save the ammo but I was mostly concerned about the noise. I saved Clem and after that what happened to Lee mattered very little.

Great episode and extremely intense with some of the hardest choices I've had to make in a game. Incredible how everything came full circle and some of my past mistakes came back to haunt me. I doubt the two people at the end were walkers based on how they were moving together, how normally they walked, and that they spotted Clem for quite a ways away. I'm hoping it was Omid and Christa so that season two will pick up with those three pushing forward but I'm not really sure. I just hope that I did enough for Clem to give her a fighting chance.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 11:08:27 AM PST
G-Love says:
Thanks for the response Keji! Just curious, what happens when you tell Clem to just leave you instead of shooting you? Does it show Lee turning?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 11:12:38 AM PST
Basically you see Clem walk to the door and turn back to look at Lee who is barely awake until he slowly slumps over against the heater he is handcuffed too and dies. After that the credits roll.

Apparently I missed Chapter 8 though looking at my achievements so I screwed something up.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 11:40:36 AM PST
T. E. Maddox says:
Didn't realize this was out. It will get played before the weekend is over.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 1:19:11 PM PST
*covers eyes*

Downloading now, very excited to play this.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 1:44:44 PM PST
Technosapien says:
Best of the 5 episodes. Shit was crazy!

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 3:22:27 PM PST
I agree. Simply intense.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 11:08:22 PM PST
Holy crap, just beat the episode.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 11:22:04 PM PST
Why aren't more people playing this?

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 3:16:01 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
GOTY

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2012 8:45:28 AM PST
I can definitely get behind this statement based on what I've played this year. One of the best stories in a game I've played, the character development is amazing, the choices can be truly difficult, and it's all so well done.

That ending was truly heart wrenching and I was on the edge of my sit for nearly all of Episode 5. Telltale knocked this one out of the park and should be very proud of what they did. I can't wait for Season Two!

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 8:57:39 AM PST
Btw if you don't chop off your arm you have an ultimate bad A moment in the game killing zombies with a giant shard of glass in your zombie arm and a cleaver in your other.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 9:04:54 AM PST
I thought ep 5 was way too short but it was good. Really sad ending and got me in my heart poor clem. I liked the open ending though good set up for season 2, hopefully it continues to follow Clem with christa and omid.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 4:36:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2012 4:49:19 PM PST
T. E. Maddox says:
Holy crap, I just finished this and I am wrecked. I have never gotten that emotional playing a game in my entire life. Hell, I am not sure any movie or book has gotten to me as much as that did. That was gut wrenching!

This is Game of The Year front runner for me.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 10:03:20 AM PST
Just finished it a couple nights ago. Didn't see the scene after the credits so I'll have to go back and check that out tonight. I thought it was a great way to wrap up the series. I made most of the same choices as you guys did, except I didn't have Clem shoot me at the end. I had her handcuff me and just leave, I didn't want her to have to go through taking Lee out like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 3:57:58 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
I made pretty much all the decisions you did, but wouldn't leave Kenny when he and I went to help Ben. He pushed me into the gate and closed it before I could react. Goty by far and the the best $15 bucks I've ever spent. I've never been emotionally tied up in a game like this. I really cared about all the characters, they were written very well. Heck of a job tell tale.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 9:22:18 AM PST
Chris... says:
Can't believe this thread is back this far. Why aren't more people playing this? This is easily my pick as GOTY. I was heart broken at the end and I really hope the two figures in the distance are Christa and Omid.

I really hope we don't have to wait too long for season 2

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 10:12:14 AM PST
G-Love says:
I agree, this is my GOTY so far!

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 10:22:29 AM PST
So to those that had people in the group come with you how does it play out? At the end of episode 4 I went in alone (and hid my bite) and when I returned to the house Omar, Kenney, and the girl (I forget her name atm) were locked in the garage.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 10:43:06 AM PST
Chris... says:
I took everyone with me except Kenny. Couldn't stand him and wish they would have let me drop him in episode one. When we got back to the house he was locked in the garage.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 11:01:00 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
I dont know if it was said already but when you crossed the beam, i chose Omid and Christa to go first. It broke so i had to use the street to walk up to the hotel. I used my clever to kill about 10 zombies when i plowed thorugh the front door.

I never got the option to shoot the stanger or i missed it. After talking with the man, clem stabbed the stanger in the shoulder with the cleaver and after a small fight, clem shot him.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 11:12:36 AM PST
As I said before when I was on the street I had the cleaver in one hand and a giant shard of glass in the other cutting into me but didn't mind since the zombiefication made that hand immune to pain.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 11:15:58 AM PST
Chris... says:
If you keep the cleaver Clem will hit him in the head with either a bottle or a lamp, you then have to jump on him and will eventually choke him to death. The option for Lee to shoot him will come up after that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 11:20:18 AM PST
I don't think I shot him, just strangled him to death.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions