Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Official: New Kingdom Hearts 1.5 thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 25, 2013 10:14:37 AM PST
You can never have too many of these threads.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 10:16:43 AM PST
While I'm here, is the second Kingdom Hearts game better than the first? I got to the Alice in Wonderland level in the first game and got so frustrated by the controls that I threw the controller across the room and haven't touched the game since. There's gotta be something to the series if everyone likes it so much. Does the second one have usable camera controls and other things that won't make me rage quit?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 10:18:05 AM PST
aidenraine says:
nope, it's pretty much exactly the same

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 10:29:02 AM PST
Biohazard says:
They're both great, I liked the second one more. The tron part was very cool..

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 10:30:47 AM PST
Both are among my favorite games ever. I do like the second one much more than the first

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 10:35:02 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I never beat the first game. I got to final boss 87 out of 154 before I finally died. Which sucked. It didn't stop me from getting the second game, and the guide, but I never beat that game either.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 10:38:54 AM PST
Damn. Okay. That's too bad. I got so frustrated with that game. I wanted to like it but I couldn't. It probably didn't help that later on that night, my neighbor came home after drinking a liter of vodka and beat me in a few rounds of Donkey Kong Jr Math while I was sober. What a terrible night that was.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 10:40:19 AM PST
Lucanus says:
I loved KH but didn't care much for KH2. KH2 had a story that frankly made no sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 10:43:15 AM PST
Kirksnowsion says:
I felt the same way. The two games played similarly, but the story in KH2 was much more convoluted. Still fun, though, I just prefer the first one.

So this Remix thing...is it just a PS3 version of the handheld game or what? This whole series baffles me beyond the main two entries...

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 10:48:21 AM PST
Movie Monkey says:
I do hope that the original Japanese ending will be included in this American version. It was a lot longer, and a awesome scene of Mickey fighting Matrix style.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 10:51:44 AM PST
Great game, loved the soundtrack. This game is what got me into JPOP in high school.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 11:03:25 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Dance Dance got me into JPop.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 11:05:02 AM PST
I love the theme songs that Utada Hikaru sang for the games.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 11:08:32 AM PST
Joel H. says:
"This game is what got me into JPOP in high school."

I so don't belong here.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 11:23:03 AM PST
"KH2 had a story that frankly made no sense"

That's largely due to the completely ridiculous idea of making the GBA game "Chain of Memories" the canon sequel to Kingdom Hearts. I didn't even know it existed and was completely baffled by the plot until about half way through :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 11:26:35 AM PST
Yea, if you didnt play chain of memories you would have been completely confused with the all of a sudden jump in the number of characters and organizations.

It was like they did a Final Fantasy.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 11:28:12 AM PST
Kingdom Hearts is much worse for being convoluted compared to any Final Fantasy game ever. At least with the Final Fantasy series it usually has completely separate stories each game with just a few being the exception.

I loved the base Kingdom Hearts but all this offshoot crap is so annoying.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 11:28:58 AM PST
Kirksnowsion says:
Quite so, it seems. I don't think I ever did get an acceptable explanation as to what Organization 13 was in the game...

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 11:33:45 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
That's why you wiki Chain of Memories before playing KH2. Unfortunately I didn't know that and was very confused at first. I like KH2 better but it was very easy compared to the first.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 11:38:45 AM PST
I would agree. KH2 had little to no challenge in the fights as compared to the first.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 11:48:01 AM PST
Kingdom Hearts does not equal sensible story... EVER

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 8:10:25 AM PST
Amazon has the preorder up

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 8:39:37 AM PST
John Galt says:
I think I read somewhere that changes were made to include camera control- don't quote me on it.

I'm 2/5 on finishing KH games. I finished 1 and 2. I never played Riku's story in Chain of memories. I got bored with 358/2 Days and only played through 2 of the 3 characters in BBS.

I'm glad to see this arrive- I wonder if they will make this available for the PS4.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 8:55:53 AM PST
saw somewhere it was doubtful for ps4

yeah I'm a HUGE fan of the KH series but only the main games. I've finished 1 and 2 but other than that I've quickly got bored with the rest. Started but didn't finish COM, finished one of the stories in BBS and youtubed the endings of the other 2. Didn't invest in the nintendo titles as the 358/2 or whatever it was looked largely irrelevant to the overall story and i'll probably just wiki or youtube the story of DDD at some point

Posted on Jul 15, 2013 11:42:11 AM PDT
Chocolette says:
KINGDOM HEARTS dynamic theme is available for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX pre-order customers http://www.kingdomhearts.com http://twitter.com/SquareEnixUSA/status/356842570166448128/photo/1

Cute! Wonder if this will be a code in the LE?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions