Weekend gaming recap

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 75 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:14:01 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
How far you are into the game so far?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:16:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 6:16:16 AM PST
Not very. I just finished my first quest in Junk Heap ... to "upgrade" my weapon ... which I also have a question about because nothing changed at all in the weapon I had equipped. A weapon I DIDN'T have equipped got bumped to level 2 but it annoyed me that I couldn't choose.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:17:25 AM PST
Marvelous says:
In AC3 I finally found all the underground fast travel locations in Boston, and I'm just noticing so many little things that i passed up on my first play through. It took me some time to figure out how to recruit new assassin's, and it's cool that you now can recruit marksmen as well. I also, passed up all the naval side missions, but I'm still having trouble with the stockpile, crafting, and sending out convoys.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:19:40 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
The Naval missions are easily one of the highlights of the game.

What about the crafting and convoys are you having trouble with?

Stockpile is just used to buy items from the various settlers on your Homestead.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:21:41 AM PST
Shanghaied says:
X-COM EU is an INCREDIBLE game. Only got to play for about 5 hours, but WOW. I knew I would like it, but I didn't think I'd love it this much. It's easily the best game I've played all year, no question.

I'm also more than interested in playing the originals now. Anyone have any recommendation as to which of the originals is the best place to start?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:22:05 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
I would recommend you keep playing. You are still early enough in the story where the story become interesting enough and it definitely gets much better.

Each weapon requires different materials to upgrade so it might have been that you didn't have the proper materials to upgrade the weapon that you had equipped.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:23:59 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I'm told the story picks up in the second half. I haven't done a lot there yet so I can't comment.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:24:04 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I agree, and they had some that were as part of the story, but the whole time I never went to the harbor masters because I thought they were just fast travel locations. lol

I'm always gettings failed attempts at crafting items, I just don't understand what I'm supposed to mix, just experiement?

Right now my last convoy shows a red x that it was attacked, but it's not letting me choose to send out another one...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:25:32 AM PST
The weapon upgrade part of the game doesn't really get going until about halfway through the game. Now you can definitely farm materials and get involved earlier. It's up to you.

The game definitely gets started slowly. My best advice to you is not get bogged down in all the sidequests. Those little sidequests don't offer a whole heck of a lot to the game and can really slow down your play. It is one of the better stories I have seen in a game in some time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:25:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 6:27:25 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
If you start with a recipe rather than an artisan or materials, the game will fill those in automatically; you get recipes from opening chests or completing homestead quests.

When your convoy gets attacked and you don't defend it, it's gone, you need to craft a new one; as long as you recruited Lance to the homestead you'll have the recipe.

edit: BTW, you can also upgrade your ship if you interact with the book next to the harbor masters/Faulkner.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:31:53 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Ok okay, I'll give it another try this week.

Lance is one of the first Homestead recruits you hire right?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:32:14 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Yeah the second one I think.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:36:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 6:38:25 AM PST
WesCyde says:
HAHA yah i saw you were at 51 earlier that night. I only got to 40 but because i just got off and did not play yesterday. Why not prestige now the game just came out got plenty of time.

Yah they have dogs and the RC car but you get to pick your streaks

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:39:19 AM PST
Xenoblade- Just got to Alcamoth
Sim City 2000- played through until I was making a nice enough profit every year to actually start making my city look nice, and then... nucleur meltdown, everything was destroyed.
Also found a Mac version of skyrim, not sure if its worth me getting an xbox controller or if I should just wait for the PS3 for christmas?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:42:08 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I need to make a trip back to the Homestead to make sure I have him, I've just been so wrapped up in recruiting new assassins, exploring the underground, and finding all the chests and trinkets.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:42:53 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
If you don't I'm pretty sure his recruitment quest is in Boston.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:43:02 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Started/Beat Max Payne 3. Pretty fun.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:45:07 AM PST
I took a long weekend away so no console gaming for me. I played maybe a tiny bit of Sword and Sworcery but that's it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:47:44 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I've really been enjoying my second play through in Max Payne 3, I love the mission in the office cubicles, all the details of Max crashing trough the glass was so bad ass.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:50:31 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Yeah it was a real pretty game. Better graphics and gameplay than uncharted 3.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 7:05:24 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
a little bit of Halo 4 for all the daily challanges and a little bit of Blops 2 sunday night for about 30 min before the Walking Dead came one. I didnt enjoy the 8 player match of zombies. Tooo many donkeys in one place.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 7:07:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 7:08:23 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Got my platinum trophy for Okami HD, and turned right around to start new game +, I can't get enough of that game.

I picked up Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for 360. While I hate the controls, and that my favorite characters are gone, it's a pretty amazing racer. It's ridiculously hard, which is a nice change since the first game these guys made was too easy even for a kart racer.

Played some Zone of the Enders HD, about 2/3 through the first game.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 7:10:32 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
I cleared another chapter of Dead Space, tried out the Max Payne 3 multiplayer - not sure if I hated it genuinely or hated it because I sucked so bad at it.

Started a new Fallout 3 playthrough. I got the GOTY and have never played the DLC so I am excite. The game is fully engrossing already even though I'm only doing missions I've already done in my first playthrough so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:11:32 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
You should do the Operation: Anchorage DLC as soon as possible (I usually bee line for it right when I leave the vault) if you are planning on being a stealth character.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:13:27 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
Do I need to level up before starting that? Or is it reasonable levels of difficult?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  75
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions