Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

New 'Skyrim: Dragonborn' features announced and detailed

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2012 5:42:25 AM PST
http://www.examiner.com/article/new-skyrim-dragonborn-features-announced-and-detailed

On Thursday afternoon, Bethesda Software revealed new details concerning their upcoming "Skyrim" expansion, "Dragonborn".

This new "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" expansion will take players off the coast of Morrowind to the island of Solstheim. This location will have new towns, quests, and dungeons to explore, all the while offering new armor and equipment for your character to wield.

Locations will vary from the frosty atmosphere of glacial valleys to the dry air of the ash wastes.

New powers will give way to more powerful shouts which have the ability to tame dragons, thus allowing you to ride them.

Bethesda shared new details on "Dragonborn" today and you can find it all detailed below:

Explore Beyond Skyrim - Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn's return.

Become the Ultimate Dragonborn - Harness the power of the Voice as you face off against the first Dragonborn. Wield new shouts and spells including Dragon Aspect - allowing you to summon the inner power of a dragon to deliver colossal blows and strengthen other shouts.

New Powers - Discover dark powers as you journey into a new Daedric realm. Collect books of forbidden knowledge and choose new paths for your skills and abilities.

New dungeons, creatures, weapons, and more - Suit up in Bonemold and Chitin armors and wield Stalhrim weapons as you navigate through a myriad of dungeons. Battle formidable foes like Ash Spawn, Rieklings, and more.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:43:58 AM PST
I would start a new playthrough for this DLC...

I hope GMG has it with their discount for PC. I'd get it day one.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:45:20 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
The ultimate shouting match!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:52:06 AM PST
Pretty excited for this, I guess I should finish Dawngaurd sometime....

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:53:33 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
"New powers will give way to more powerful shouts which have the ability to tame dragons, thus allowing you to ride them."

Should have been in the game from the start. Everyone's second thought when they first saw Skyrim after "awesome, dragons" was "I hope I can ride them."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:55:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 5:56:08 AM PST
well now they added it

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:57:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 5:58:17 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
CANNOT WAIT!!!

Hopefully it comes out on PC before Christmas time. I started a new play through last weekend and it would be PERFECT. I already have Dawnguard on PC. I like that because of all the random vampire attacks :P. So this would be awesome. Chitin armor as well, woop!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:57:33 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
For $20 more dollars.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:58:38 AM PST
But its not just the taming dragons part

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:58:52 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
I am perfectly fine spending 20 dollars for this expansion. This is the expansion that will out due Shivering Isle, hopefully.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:00:44 AM PST
GMG during a 25% off sale. That's when you should buy it.

Which will likely occur the week of release...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:02:30 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
When do they not have a 25% off sale? And I was thinking the same thing.

I am expecting Ded 4th 360 release and a Dec 18th PC release.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:03:30 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I have no problem with the expansion in general, or any Bethesda DLC (I even bought the horse armor way back in 2006), I just think that dragon riding should have been a feature that was in the game from the start. It was one of the most talked about "what if" or "what I want to see in Skyrim" topics.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:03:34 AM PST
Exactly. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:04:43 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
True, I agree. But if they wait and sell it a year later under an expansion..people will get excited about it and it will boost sales for their DLC and phyiscal/digital copies of the actual game. Simply a marketing tool.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:09:03 AM PST
I had a Nerdgasm reading this.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:23:54 AM PST
I wonder if this one is coming to PS3 or if it also has too much grass...?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:34:54 AM PST
&^%$#*&*^@#^!$&!!!! I am now THREE dlcs behind thanks to my PS3...ARGH!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:39:05 AM PST
You didn't miss much with Hearth Fire lol. My roommate has been playing it and while he's digging getting to build a home it looks rather tedious because it requires you gather up all the materials for anything you want to build. So he's spent a great deal of time running around collecting wood, iron, and more to build this place, the furniture, and everything else in it and he isn't even done yet after three days of work.

Dawnguard looked awesome but I haven't picked that one up yet.

AND HOLY CRAP WE'RE GOING BACK TO MORROWIND!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:41:41 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Hopefully the Dragonborn doesn't suddenly start running like an idiot when he enters Morrowind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:43:07 AM PST
I honestly do not care if they brought back the old Morrowind animations and all that stuff because in my opinion Morrowind is still the best Elder Scrolls game to date.

In fact I might go play some Morrowind today!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:43:12 AM PST
Ya Hearthfire sounded kind of eh, but as for the other two...I just need to stop thinking about them cause it's ruining my day haha.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:04:59 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
I better hurry up and finish some games before 12/4, otherwise who knows when I'll get back to them.

I have a level 50 character that hasn't unlocked shouts yet, rarin' to go.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 6:19:20 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
I'm in the same boat. Level 52 and just starting the main questline.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 6:21:38 AM PST
Oh, man. Every time I start a character, I at least try to rush through the point that unlocks the dragons. That's a large part of the game, and to wait several, several hours to get to it would be too much for me.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions