Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: NFL Week 16: Last two weeks are upon us and some of the worst football of the year will start. Teams are giving up. But nonetheless...WHO YA GOT!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 79 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 19, 2012 8:06:07 AM PST
Tomb Fleader says:
Last week: 8-8
Season: 138-86

Falcons @ Lions: The falcons are hit and miss and have been all season. They have had the easiest schedule of all by far and have lost to division opponents. The lions have been competitive all year...well except last week...and they played...oh well the cards. Lions have issues with birds. Falcons

Titans @ Packers: The mighty titans destroyed the formidable Jets this week. Nothing stands in their way. ...except the packers. Packers

Vikings @ Texans: The vikings have also been hit and miss this year...but I'm thinking Ponder will cower at the sight of JJ Watt. Texans

Giants @ Ravens: ahh two playoff teams that have looked AWESOME lately. The giants showed great skill last week at being shut out...only a select few teams can manage that these days. And that shows great talent. The ravens have been exceedingly good at losing players to injury. Tossup but I say Giants

Rams @ Bucs: Wow...now these teams have been tearing it up all year. The bucs amassed a total of 0 points last week...like i said..only extremely talented teams can do that. The rams have such talent that they can beat the 9ers but lose to the vikings and jets. Depends on what josh freeman shows up. Right now I'm going with the Bucs

Raiders @ Panthers: The panthers beat the mighty chargers last week. I mean...who can beat those guys...well most of their opponents can. Panthers

Bills @ Fins: Oh you troublesome bills. You have spurned me for the past few weeks. I'm done with you. Fins

Bengals @ Steelers: Big Ben mad at Haley. Rawr. Steelers lost to the chargers? Man this one is surprisingly tough to pick. Going with the home team. Steelers

Pats @ Jags: What was more surprising last week. The pats came back and tied the game in the 2nd half or the vaunted 9ers defense allowed 28 points in less than 15 minutes. Pats should be able to sleep through this one. Pats

Colts @ Chiefs: yyyeahh...the chiefs got shut out by the...who? Raiders?? Really? The raiders? Colts

Saints @ Cowboys: Romo sounds like Frodo...wrong hobbit this time of year. Saints

Redskins @ Eagles: Eagles die and an Indian somewhere cries. Redskins

Browns @ Broncos: I say Peyton squeaks this one out....by 30

Bears @ Cards: Depends on what kind of cardinals show up..like last week? Or all other weeks?...meh what the heck. Cards

9ers @ Seahawks. The 9ers have shown me that no matter how well they perform one week...they are likely to play crappy the next. Seahawks

Chargers @ Jets: ooohhh hahahaha. Sanchez. After butt fumbling, foot fumbling, and having a last name of sanchez...he finally gets benched for a 7th round pick that has had a total of 7 professional passes. Chargers

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:09:41 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Dolphins win the superbowl!

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:35:39 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Go Ravens!

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:42:30 AM PST
What is everybody's SB picks? I know it's still early, but I am gonna throw a guess out there.

Where as I would like to think the my Seattle Seahawks will get in their again, I think SF and Denver. With Denver probably taking it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:46:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 8:46:53 AM PST
Lucanus says:
I want to say the Pats, but Denver looks tough. I honestly don't see anybody from the AFC making it outside the Pats and Denver. The Texans don't have the secondary to stop Manning and Brady. I know the Texans stopped the Broncos earlier in the season, but the offense is far better now than it was then. The Steelers and Ravens are both weak at the moment. As for the NFC, anybody's guess. I could see the 49ers, Falcons and Packers all putting up a fight. I wouldn't sleep on the Seahawks either.

I am going with Seahawks vs Pats; Pats win.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:55:19 AM PST
I still dont know why they wont give Tebow a shot.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:56:03 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
Because the Jets hate him just like the rest of America. GO AWAY TIM TEBOW!

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:56:30 AM PST
Tomb Fleader says:
I'm thinking Denver vs either the Packers, 9ers, or Falcons. Either way I see Denver winning

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:00:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 9:04:29 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
i know one thing I'm done with fantasy football was in 1st to 3rd in all four of my leagues, and lost three of them to dumb games over the weekend. You play so well all year and then one bad performance ur done. Giants no show, Tampa no show, Ravens again barely use Ray Rice. This always happenes at the end of the season, blowouts, one team looks like they ate bon bons all week and the other gameplanned all week. Injuries, Offseason Plans, Everyone is banged up games aren't as normal, closer to wtf games.

NBA fantasy stars sit at end of season, pointless.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:01:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 9:02:30 AM PST
Tomb Fleader says:
They are not going to give Tebow a shot because they acquired him to sell tickets and jersey's. They acquired him thinking that Sanchez wasn't going to struggle SO badly and there would never be enough of a reason for him to even be considered (considering they gave him that stupid contract). They ignored the fact that sanchez is terrible and their offense was in no way geared for a fulltime or part time tebow offense

Plus...what happens if they do start tebow and he wins both games? That is a worst case scenario for the Jets. If Tebow is put in and he closes the season well with them...all they will hear is "You should have started him sooner"...Then they would have been put in the same predicament as the Broncos were last year...but there is no Peyton Manning going to come in and clean up the situation for them.

In all fairness they should have given him a shot. But in all fairness they should have never acquired him in the first place if this was their intent.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:08:10 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
I disagree...They don't roll out the red carpet and bring inTeebow if they didn't think he could make a difference. When he got there they realized oh man dude cant play QB. Jets have been this way since Ryan has been there they manage like fans, not owners/management.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:11:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 9:11:17 AM PST
Beau H. says:
Superbowl predictions:

Pats and Falcons.

Falcons win.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:15:47 AM PST
Tomb Fleader says:
Well it's been well documented that the ownership wanted Tebow to play more through the year but Rex has full control over the roster in his contract. It's Rex's decision who plays. Like I said...I think they brought in Tebow to get some attention. The other New York team just won the superbowl and all they had was the sancheez. New York is a different football region than most. And if they truly thought that he couldn't make a difference...and then found out that he couldn't...they would have cut him. No sense in paying him if they know he won't contribute. Fact is they kept him around to make money

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:19:02 AM PST
OP says:
Agreed. Of course, the coaching staff may have hoped (after the fact) that Tebow could help push Sanchez, but apparently they overestimated Sanchez's mental toughness. So, of course, he folded, and worse, the coaches can't bench Sanchez for Tebow because it would have shattered what little confidence he had left (although it appears even that remnant is now gone), and that coupled with the ill-advised extension given him by the front office after the failed pursuit of Manning ... well, it's not really surprising that things turned out as they have, I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:34:27 AM PST
C. Wilscam says:
Man, my Chargers are really as bad as everyone has been telling me :(

Too bad Sanchez isnt playing, becuase we could have seen a comedy of errors like never before....Sanchez with 50 turnovers in the last 2 years (There abouts) and Rivers with 47....Could have been a fun one to watch.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:36:04 AM PST
Tomb Fleader says:
The Jets are quickly becoming the Saints/Browns of old "Oh man you mean I got traded to THEM?"

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:46:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 9:48:41 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
Honeslty I think they got tebow to push sanchez and it failed, Plus its a passing league and he is not a passer. I like tebow but he is a football player not a QB in the NFL. Sanchez is very disapointing and now everything that happeend between him and pete caroll that he should not have come out his JR year is even more evident he was never ready. Only reason the jets made it to the two AFC Ships was because defense was much better and so was the run game and O-line In fact the NFL should send him back to USC he is sucking so bad.

I am going to go with a Crazy SB prediction because i pretty much dont care since oakland is not going. How about Falcons Vs. Broncos

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:04:43 AM PST
C. Wilscam says:
Wow, as an Oakland fan, you must hate having to put the Donk's as a superbowl team. I can't say it out loud (Charger fan) but I would agree with your picks if I could.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:14:47 AM PST
Superbowl will be either the Packers vs Pats a rematch of 1997 or Denver vs San Francisco. I feel it's a tossup between those 4 teams. I'm going with the Packers or the 49ers for the win.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:16:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 10:17:29 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Is anybody else confused on why they are benching Sanchez now? The season is over, the playoffs aren't possible. Why care now? I don't get it. Thanks to anybody who can explain why making a personel change at this point matter at all for a nonplayoff team.. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:22:34 AM PST
jtshiel says:
It will give mceloroy a chance to compete at the NFL; kind of a try out for next season if you will.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:24:14 AM PST
C. Wilscam says:
Same reason my Chargers are benching (see changing) thier roster. They want to give a serious look at future talent at certain positions. So I wouldnt say he was "Benched", more like giving the second or third string a chance to prove thier worth for next year.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:26:10 AM PST
Tomb Fleader says:
They know they need a new starter..or at least competition for a new starter...but they need to know do they need an entirely new string of QB's or just one.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:27:49 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I have to pick the Pats of course. I'm relieved they threw in a clunker before the playoffs against the 49ers. Get them a lil more hyped up!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:32:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 6:40:47 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
I dont get caught up in that BS, I love my Raiders but if its not going to be them then i look at who has a good shot. I am a football fan overall, notice i did not pick the niners and they are in the same zip code for the most part. It would be interesting to see those two meet in a rematch for the playoffs with what happened
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  79
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions