The #1 thing I'd like to see from the next-gen games:

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 8, 2013 3:27:35 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:36:08 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 3:43:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 4:30:55 PM PST
JAW88-06 says:
Better enemy and puzzle AI plus completely random spawning/repopulating of challenges. This will create endless replayability, similar to sports games.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 3:55:20 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
Better netcode for fighting games.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 4:04:58 PM PST
Deadcell says:
If the PS4 looks anything like the tech demo of that old man that was rendered, I'll be satisfied.

I do want to see more graphical improvements but I think the thing I want most is SMOOTHER GAMEPLAY. There is no excuse for a game coming out next gen to run less than 60 FPS. Heck, I think the vast majority of the games should run about like RAGE did, possibly around 90 FPS.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 4:23:22 PM PST
I'd like to see a war game that could handle one million troops simultaneously.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 4:29:00 PM PST
M. says:
I want games to be more populated by NPC's. GTA4 for example, it had this huge city that was practically empty. They need to stop focusing on size of the map and focus more about density of the world.

I would also like to see more interactive/destructible environments.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 4:33:52 PM PST
Shanghaied says:
I'm resisting the urge to lash out at you with capitalized hyperbole.

No, that's not something I care about. At all.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 4:39:53 PM PST
"I want games to be more populated by NPC's. GTA4 for example"

Dammit, M! That many NPCs are really going to slow me down when I'm driving down the sidewalk. Plus, if they get jammed up in the wheel well it's really going to decrease my car's performance.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 4:43:53 PM PST
M. says:
NPC's "getting in the way" of my car is one of the most fun things about GTA.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 5:01:17 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
So skin looks like plastic on consoles? That sux.

dX11 features will fix much of that on future consoles. Better global lighting, dynamic shadows,object and surface tesselation, realistic hair physics, high definition textures, etc...
;
I think what I want to see more of is smarter , varied and dynamic AI....more on screen etc...there is a scene in Hit an Absolution that has a crazy amount of people that simply floored me in awe...if that can be expanded upon with even better realism that would be fantastic.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 5:04:09 PM PST
Long hair that doesn't look like a chunk of plastic. Alice: Madness Returns is the only game I've seen with convincing long hair.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 5:15:14 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 15, 2013 7:43:40 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 9:26:58 PM PST
Also, better hair.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 9:28:26 PM PST
M. Warren says:
Probably a greater amount of variance in NPC characters. I feel that games could definitely feel more alive with a focus on the aforementioned.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 9:53:37 PM PST
Fap says:
Yes, no loading screens ever again would be great.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 10:22:34 PM PST
Subject7 says:
A universal switch to 60 frames per second.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 10:31:58 PM PST
Definitely would like to see much better intuitive A.I. capabilities from games, even with the newest games some of the enemies actions and strategies are still pretty limited.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 10:35:04 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:36:08 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 12:18:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 9, 2013 12:21:25 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
>>More realistic skin and clothing textures.<<

if you havn't seen the videos on Watchdogs or Deep Down for PS4, the texture looked pretty real enough, and I don't think they can make it anymore real than that, if it's really using DX11 technology.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 12:28:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 9, 2013 12:39:32 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
>>Yes, no loading screens ever again would be great.<<

it has to have loading screens, otherwise it'll be like playing Minecraft, where the landscape isn't entirely loaded while you play when you first start a new world and you can see through the ground while the underground tunnels, lava pits and so on are in the middle of being constructed as you move around.

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 12:48:47 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
They might be able to cut down on the loading to some degree since the next gen consoles will have significantly more memory than the current ones. It would also be nice if they put faster hard drives in them for games that play from drives, like at least 7200 RPM drives.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 12:54:37 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
more NPCs in a game? GTA4 had enough, if it had more, then it would be impossible to not hit a person and I recall when you run over people, you get police stars and police are annoying when you're trying to do a mission, especially when they put up road blocks or try to drive in front of you to make you stop your car.

now interactive and destructible environments, I could see happening soon.

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 12:57:15 AM PST
Brandon says:
Both consoles are looking like a huge upgrade. They will be able to handle A LOT. Multiple CPU's but it looks like lower clocks, more RAM, faster HDD's and higher end graphic cards that support more RAM and DirectX 11.1+. I'm surprised at how developers have just about bottle necked the games but kept them pretty stable on these old consoles. Only thing I worry about is the pricing and how they may restrict older games, used games and if Internet connection will be a must. I have a weird feeling Sony and Microsoft is going to penny pinch the hell out of old and new customers.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 1:00:34 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
I have that same feeling about nickle and diming people too, since they already do it, especially Microsoft. They've got "monetizing Xbox Live" down to a science.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 1:01:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 9, 2013 1:06:13 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
if only we knew if the PS4 will be able to use the full potential of a SSD hard drive, compared to the PS3. but for me, i'd just use a 7800 RPM for the sake of the cost compare to the cost of a SSD.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  Mar 8, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions