Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Halo 4 is the best looking console game

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 316 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:59:16 AM PST
There's no denying that Halo 4 has the best pre-rendered cut-scenes ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:01:18 PM PST
Phranctoast says:
Sounds to me you have much to discuss with Digital Foundry. Go cry to them as I stopped feeding off of Xbots tears for a while now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:16:42 PM PST
Horowitz says:
The Ship Graveyard was the best part, which says something about Uncharted 3 since it was totally out of place within the actual context of the story.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:16:59 PM PST
Horowitz says:
That variation was its greatest weakness.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:20:04 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
The realistic movement, facial animations, and overall look applies to the in engine ones as well. Nothing else even comes close.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:21:54 PM PST
Horowitz says:
I honestly didn't care for the look of God of War 3. However, the scale is very impressive.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:23:42 PM PST
Horowitz says:
Halo 4 In-Engine:
http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/5/2/6/1/1/0/hcut2.bmp.jpg

Daaaaaaaaaamn.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:24:38 PM PST
I love the ship graveyard, but I disagree abut it being the best part. I didn't find that out of place. I thought most points of the story were tied in very well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:25:18 PM PST
Benpachi says:
There was one scene in God of War 3 that really impressed me. It was when Kratos had to sidle through a crack in a mountainside, the torch light reflecting off of his arm guard and his character model looked completely real to me. Kratos was impressive, the scale was impressive, but there was a lot of bad texture work in that game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:28:01 PM PST
Horowitz says:
Definitely an outstanding character model.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:29:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 12:38:01 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 12:35:01 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
God of War III has the most uneven graphics I've ever seen. Some moments look awe-inspiring great. Others look a bland, jaggy mess.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:43:32 PM PST
IMO when comparing both pictures, the Halo 4 character's face has more definition to it (discoloration, dimples, lines, etc) which make it appear more lifelike.

Drakes face just looks sort of flat and undefined in comparison.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:47:07 PM PST
Benpachi says:
At least it has pre-rendered cut-scenes instead of being a pre-rendered game like Uncharted. Trollercoaster!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:50:33 PM PST
I dunno, I think that Heavy Rain edges it out. Where is Jason?! Is he hiding behind those people/smudges? Let me push through the people/smudges with my incredibly detailed fingers.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:01:23 PM PST
JWK says:
Hey, jeez. That's crazy. Kudos, 343.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:02:53 PM PST
JWK says:
"Trollercoaster"

Trademark that, Ben. Then make people pay you when they use it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:04:30 PM PST
Benpachi says:
Trollercoster™ appears courtesy of Benpachi Industries, Inc. it's successors and or assigns, as their interests may appear.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 1:04:55 PM PST
Curses! Now I have to use my trade money to actually pick up my Halo 4 preorder from Gamestop! I was just going to use the preorder to get a better trade credit but I have to play this game now.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 1:20:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 1:21:28 PM PST
Kr155 says:
If Halo 4 looks as good as uncharted and GOW3, then im going to be a happy man tonight when I get my hands on it.

I think i'd give GOW the edge over uncharted because of the Art style. It was an incredibly beautiful game.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 1:23:14 PM PST
M. McFly says:
Soon thankfully we will get a big jump in graphics. This gen graphics stopped impressing me years ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:24:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 1:27:47 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Heavy Rain, like GoW was crazy inconsistent though.

I'm not arguing Halo 4 is the best, for everything that looks great you'll come across a patch of grass or a not so rounded edge where you go 'eh' , but as a whole its certainly in the topic of conversation and without question the best work done to date in the Microsoft camp with this old hardware.

It does make you wonder what some DX11 Halo game would be like though in the next round, i don't think i've played a game with such plethera of particle effects yet and the lighting is amazing in this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:25:17 PM PST
I. Flores says:
The Last of Us will change your mind. that, it will.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 1:27:29 PM PST
A lot of posts in this thread is the reason why I couldn't care less about graphics in games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:28:42 PM PST
JWK says:
To be honest, I don't need next generation's graphics to be much better. Sometimes (like the aforementioned Heavy Rain, God of War, etc) the game's graphics are too ambitious for the hardware. If the PS4/Durango keep Halo 4/Uncharted 3 quality graphics, but do it at 60 fps, 1080p, no screen tear, no texture pop, no inconsistencies, I'd be really happy.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  52
Total posts:  316
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions