Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I tried, but I must let go

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 42 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 11, 2013 12:04:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 11, 2013 12:16:45 AM PDT
I got my Vita last year in April, and while I have enjoyed it thoroughly, I have come to the concousion that I have to sell it. First off, I am a bit of a Nintendo fan. Owning all the consoles, I just don't have time for the few games vita has to offer. I don't want to have to force myself to play a game merely because it is all that is availible. I don't like shooters, or realistic games. Vita doesn't really give me anything that my PS3 can't offer, and I can't keep supporting it. Sorry Tearaway! I was going to buy you, but not anymore. Anyway, I came here to ask you guys how much you think I could get for it. (I must say that it is really nice to have a community you can depend on and trust, thanks guys! Ok, here is the package:

PS VITA Wifi only model
16GB memory card
Complete charging equipment
Original Packaging (even the styrofoam sleeve it came in)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Gravity Rush
LittleBigPlanet Vita
WipEout 2048
Fifa Soccer
Sly Cooper: Theives in Time
Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale
Patapon
Patchwork Heroes
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Megaman Maverick Huneter X
Piyotama
The Marbians
Plants vs Zombies
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Sound Shapes
PulzAR
Table Top Tanks
LBP Vita Beta (for bragging rights, I suppose)
Foosball 2012
Super Crate Box
Then about 5 or 6 ps mobile games.

What do you guys think?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 12:15:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 11, 2013 12:20:58 AM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 12:19:41 AM PDT
Just because I have limited time for some Wii U doesn't mean I have time to support every console out there. Lately, I have come to the conclusion that I have to support a system to its fullest. I don't want to do that with my vita, because, like I said, I don't like the games. And game quantity is relative, I think. I would much prefer Nintendo Land and NSMBU to AC3L or even RCR.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 12:37:41 AM PDT
The few games the PC offers? Do you have any idea how big the PC game library is? There have probably been tens of thousands of PC games made since DOS came out. Most of these games can be played even on today's PCs, even really old ones that have been fixed and sold on GoG. Even currently more games come out on the PC than any console. In fact you can play a heck of a lot of old console games on the PC through emulators.

There is this nice little service called Steam which offers an insane amount of games at insanely low prices during their sales. The PC has the biggest library of games of any gaming system ever created.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 12:39:27 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:36:10 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 12:47:39 AM PDT
4 U.S. dollars? Damn Dustin you must really want it bad!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 12:48:06 AM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 12:48:52 AM PDT
Callahan says:
If you own all of those games you should fetch a nice price. But if most of them are PS+ games you will not get near as much (-10 titles).

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 12:48:53 AM PDT
TimesTicking says:
Are all the games that you announced physical copies?
Because if they're digital copies then they are worthless.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 1:32:13 AM PDT
Sounds like digital. The first few were from Plus starting Vita lineup.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 4:54:55 AM PDT
Now would be a good time to catch up on the thief series, well maybe not the OP but in general.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 4:56:10 AM PDT
Too rich for my blood, I maxed out at tree fiddy.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 5:30:27 AM PDT
Your main problem is you don't have Persona 4 the Golden.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 5:54:39 AM PDT
I am actually thinking about selling my Vita too. When I do have time to play video games - I am on my PC mostly. Having a handheld to waste time or play 15-20 minutes at night isn't worth it imho. Especially when that said system has no games you're interested in.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 5:58:25 AM PDT
I'll give you 10 bucks for that package.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 6:00:19 AM PDT
If there aren't any games on it that you enjoy then you're right, probably best to sell it.

I'm a huge fan of JRPGs and there are a bunch that I still have yet to play. I've put almost 10 hours into Unchained Blades since I bought it two weeks ago. I usually play when I'm waiting for invasions in Dark Souls.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 6:05:24 AM PDT
I have to ask: If you don't enjoy the system, why do you have so many games? You said the system doesn't have anything but I think you have over half the vita catalog...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 6:05:43 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
i know what you mean. i've been on my PC almost exclusively this year, other than playing dead space 3 on ps3.

the vita does come in handy when i visit relatives or go on long trips. it does have some pretty cool games. they may not be exclusive, but still a solid selection, for me anyways.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 6:07:19 AM PDT
This is a joke right?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 6:18:02 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
I was hoping the whole thread was a joke.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 6:28:01 AM PDT
not the thread, the post made by Sha Gojyo

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 6:33:35 AM PDT
I think Sha is a joke. Does that count?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 6:34:17 AM PDT
Yes.

Yes it does.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 6:34:30 AM PDT
Carlito says:
Ain't no one sellin' no vita and their entire vita game collection to no Loch Ness Monster, you get out of here.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 1:10:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 11, 2013 1:12:58 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  42
Initial post:  Mar 11, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions