Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Former GameStop VP pleads guilty to embezzling almost $2 million

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2012 9:50:59 AM PDT
Frank Christopher Olivera, former GameStop VP of corporate communications and public affairs plead guilty Thursday to one count of mail fraud for embezzling $1,965,900 from the company.

According to the federal indictment, Olivera sent payments from July 2009 through April 2011 to Cloud Communications LLC. The Nevada company was fictitious, was "created and controlled by Olivera," and was used to funnel the transferred funds into Olivera's personal account.

"The company does not comment on matters pending in court, however, we will say that Mr. Olivera was terminated last year and GameStop has fully and completely cooperated with the government's investigation," a representative for GameStop informed Joystiq.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/03/former-gamestop-vp-pleads-guilty-to-embezzling-almost-2-million/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think a plan like this is supposed to take a much smaller amount of money over a much longer period of time... Maybe he put a decimal in the wrong place or something? I bet he makes mistakes like that all the time.

Thoughts?

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 10:06:47 AM PDT
Did he honestly think $1 million per year would not be noticed? He was done in by his own greed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:08:17 AM PDT
I bet he let his buddy Michael set everything up for him.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:58:32 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
TPS report! What the **** does that mean?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 11:02:09 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:39 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 11:21:34 AM PDT
Harmicky says:
He embezzled all of my PowerUp Reward points, too.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 11:30:31 AM PDT
Big deal. Thats their profit margin on Madden trade ins alone.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions