Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Why is owning a gun a big deal for you Americans?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 408 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 9, 2012 5:53:35 AM PST
Rami says:
To those that do not understand/agree with the right of private citizens to keep and bear arms, I tell you this:

In Cuba, in the 1950's a guy named Fidel Castro launched an armed revolution against the corrupt and illegal goverment ruling at the time. He could do that because the constitution allowed it. Private citizens had firearms and they joined the revolution,using those guns against the government.

Fast forward to 1959, Castro overthrows the goverment and took power. He then modified gun laws so that only the military and government officials were allowed to carry. Soon enough he declared a communist state.

Cubans were required to register all their firearms after Castro gave former dictator Batista the boot in 1959. As typical with dictatorships, Cuban communist police then used the registration list to go door to door to confiscate firearms on the list.

More that 50 years later the cuban people have no means to defend themselves, much less the ability to launch a new revolution against the corrupt communist dictatorship. They have no guns. Castro took them away so no one could do to him what he did to Batista.

I hope you guys understand why I defend the right to own guns. The second ammendment is there so things like what happened in Cuba don't happen here.

I know how it feels to be powerless against a tyranny. I am Cuban.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 5:55:43 AM PST
Damn....You anti-gun hippies just got owned by this ^

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 5:56:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 6:03:20 AM PST
If you think Bubba and his AR-15 would stand a chance against the US military than I can't properly quantify your intelligence level without having my post deleted. Stop. Please stop. That moronic argument actually hurts people that want to legally own weapons because of how moronic it sounds.

Instead of no-voting me prove what I said wrong. Cowards.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 5:57:25 AM PST
FOGE says:
Hey Mojie55, I just wanted to let you know that yesterday, I picked up my Bushmaster M4. Its pretty sweet. Im all set for Red Dawn now. Commies r gunna pay if they try and take our country. Wolverines!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 5:59:42 AM PST
Nice...Bushmaster makes a decent sporter. I hope you didn't pay too much though...

I ended up picking up one of those VEPRs in 7.62 x 39mm for a cool $499.99.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:01:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 6:02:10 AM PST
This thread is a microcosm for why this argument is so polarizing. The conversation goes like this:

Gubmint: Hey we might want to enforce stricter gun laws.

Bubba: Don't take mah guns away gubmint!

Gubmint: We didn't say anything about taking guns away. Don't be silly.

Bubba: I need mah guns to fight off teh gubmint!!

Gubmint: Right I understand but we didn't say anything about taking guns away.

Bubba: Even tho more folks are killed by they own guns erryday I need mah gun to keel the bad folks.

Gubmint: That's fine too we didn't say anything about taking your guns away.

Bubba: Don't take mah guns away gubmint!!

Gubmint: (walks away shaking his head)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:01:50 AM PST
FOGE says:
I havent used ARs or AKs either yet, but from what I hear, I think Ill be the guy that prefers ARs. I really like accuracy and I want to tac it out. First step is some type of scope. I paid about $900. The guy at the shop thought it was a good deal.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:02:07 AM PST
Cause we are AmeriCANS not AmeriCAN'TS

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:04:00 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 9, 2012 6:04:17 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:04:20 AM PST
Oh snap, you tell them foreigners!

You're either 'merican or a terrorist...FACT.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:04:48 AM PST
I don't appreciate being characterized in such a fashion, what with belonging to the pro-gun ownership crowd and all.

With that being said, I understand the laws, so I don't overreact to rumors of an all-out gun ban. I know what the previous assault weapons ban actually mandated, and as such do not even care if it is reinstated. It hurts only the manufacturers.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:05:06 AM PST
"Bubba: Even tho more folks are killed by they own guns erryday I need mah gun to keel the bad folks."

Source?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:06:23 AM PST
Not a bad deal, I can't argue with the price...and getting to walk away with it in hand is an added bonus. AR's are plenty good, and you didn't get a DPMS, so you already did well for yourself at sub-$1000.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:06:25 AM PST
To the anti-crowd, every owner must be a belligerent hillbilly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:07:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 6:10:09 AM PST
Finally someone gets it. Whether you realize it or not ... you get it.

Saying that you need your weapons because 200 years ago some old white dude wrote something on a piece of paper makes pro-gun people seem like LUNATICS. Say it with me ... LUNATICS. The idea that an armed populace would fight off the best military in the world is nonsensical. Pro-gun people are characterized that way because of the idiotic reasons that some people give as to why they need their guns.

ProTip: I'm pro-gun too. I have no issue with having the process being exhausting to obtain a handgun. There are no rumors to an all out gun ban. And if there are rumors they are started by the NRA to head off ANY DISCUSSION WHATSOEVER.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:09:33 AM PST
Yea, it's unfortunate.

I don't even have a problem with people who neither want nor like guns, just don't like people who want to take away my right to own something that they don't even want.

Preaching, on either side of any argument, breeds nothing more than contempt.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:09:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 6:10:52 AM PST
I was obviously not being completely serious Cappy.

Edit: Although you see way more stories of .. ehhh .. read Cinema Fans post.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:09:51 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
There's a huge fallacy in America that for whatever reason people think having a gun in the house is going to make you SuperCop and save you when you have an intruder. Fact of the matter is: most gun owners (at least responsible ones) have the gun unloaded and locked up.

Yeah, that'll do you a lot of good when a guy robs your house. "Hold on sir, let me just open this safe and load this quick, I'll be down in a minute."

Not to mention the frequency of "stopped robberies due to homeowner's a gun owner" stories. I rarely ever see one. Do you guys? I see more and more stories of kids getting killed due to people not knowing what the hell they are shooting at, kids getting ahold of dad's gun and committing suicide, or little Johnny, who's 3, getting dad's gun and accidentally blowing his face off.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:10:41 AM PST
Oh, the rumors are there, but they are only circulated by the uneducated.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:11:06 AM PST
Exactly.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:12:45 AM PST
Are you denying that the Nazi's took away all firearms from jews? or the fact that in 1926, Germany was a republic but by 1936 it was run by the Nazi party? You are right though. Ignoring historical precedent has ALWAYS worked out well. Again, I'm not saying it will happen(it probably wont) but you saying its ridiculous to think that it could happen is pretty stupid too

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:12:52 AM PST
Not to mention all the irresponsible pool owners whose children drown in them.

I get your point, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:13:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 6:16:53 AM PST
You're hurting your cause. We share the same cause and people like you hurt people like me. Ironic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:17:15 AM PST
Are we saying that if the government wanted to take away our guns, we would be able to stop them?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:18:05 AM PST
Exactly, those people are just as culpable. Same with people who drink/text/put on makeup and drive and kill people.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  68
Total posts:  408
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions