Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

New Batman Arkham game due in 2013, Warner financials confirm

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 12, 2013 6:03:48 AM PST
http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/12/new-batman-arkham-due-in-2013-warner-financials-suggest-rumour/

New Batman Arkham game due in 2013, Warner financials confirm
Batman: Arkham City is getting a follow up later this year, as confirmed by license holder Time Warner's investor call last week. Seems it went under the radar.

The full transcript of the investor call can be found via Yahoo! Finance.

During the call, Time Warner's CFO and chief administrative officer John K. Martin stated, "And we also have a strong games release this year, which will include the next release in the Batman Arkham franchise. So all in all, we expect Warners to post another very strong year in 2013. And with a little luck, the year should be as good or maybe even a little bit better than 2012."

VG247 own sources confirm that Rocksteady Studios is not developing this particular game. This could nod to the rumoured `Silver Age' Batman prequel that was touted last year.

This could mean a new game in the `Batman: Arkham' franchise is due before the end of the year, or as part of the next financial year. We've contacted Warner Bros. to confirm.

Thanks dex3108.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 6:05:04 AM PST
WeaKeN says:
awesome.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 6:05:57 AM PST
Cap'n Crunch says:
Why isn't Rocksteady Studios doing it?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 6:06:49 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Because they were out after City. Mark Hamill won't be in it either, as he's supposedly retired as the Joker.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 6:08:18 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Its likely based on the same assets as previous games. So long as it features more playable characters and villans and is just as solid a game, it should turn out fine.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 6:11:19 AM PST
Arkham world?

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 6:15:27 AM PST
Chris... says:
I'm a little concerned that RockSteady isn't developing, but I'll definitely still be keeping my eye on any and all news/updates for the game.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 6:15:59 AM PST
day 1

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 6:16:40 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I don't know what else they can do with Arkham. I think now it's time to go full on Gotham City.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 6:18:24 AM PST
I agree. As long as they're given the same development tools, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I just hope they take as much care of the franchise as Rocksteady did if indeed this is true...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 6:32:56 AM PST
Chris... says:
I agree that it's time to take the game into Gotham City. Wasn't there an arc in the books at one point where Gotham was taken over by the criminals and the U.S. government cut off all transportation in and out of the city and considered them an enemy nation? Batman and allies had to save Gotham from itself before a military strike? Couldn't it be based off of that.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 6:34:23 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Pretty sure Rocksteady has moved onto a new license. I know TMNT was a big rumor.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 6:35:48 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
sweet

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 6:38:07 AM PST
Yea... but I cant emagine how they will do it though. Unless they use the batmobile or bike. The city is huge. To be able to keep people instrested into the game without having just random thugs everywhere like in spiderman. But for it to be a one day thing or at least in their timeline of events might get difficult.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 6:41:27 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
They do it with GTA.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 6:43:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2013 6:44:03 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
There was a rumor in Variety last year that the new game would be a prequel based on the Silver Age. There were also a bunch of hints in AC that the next game would take place in Bludhaven. So who knows.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 6:55:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2013 6:58:41 AM PST
Chris... says:
I'm hoping it's a sequel so that we are given answers on the Black Mask and Azreal story arcs that were left open in Arkham City. I assumed those two would play a major role in the next game given the way their story lines were handled.

Edit: Not Deadshot, I meant Azreal. Fixed

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 7:05:54 AM PST
I believed they screwed themselves a little with the title of the second game

How is the third one going to be named... Batman Arkham Gotham ?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 7:12:14 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
There was a huge teaser for Hush, as well.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 7:20:51 AM PST
Prankster says:
Rocksteady not developing it makes me a sad panda. I don't know if I am excited or not because I definitely would love another Batman Arkham game but without Rocksteady at the helm, I have no idea how it will be. Hopefully it's like the transition from Bungie to 343 for Halo.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 7:34:04 AM PST
Nicos says:
Well, there was the No Man's Land arc which is exactly like you describe. Arkham City (as well as DKR) was heavily inspired by this arc, so I doubt they would double dip like that.

I would love to see a Silver Age or Year One style prequel, but like others have mentioned Hush, Azarael, the escaped Scarecrow etc seems like a very logical next step to take the series. With how AC ended, there is a vacuum of power as well that would defintely cause some ripples in the Gotham underworld.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 12:28:53 PM PST
OoAK says:
I really want to see what came of Scarecrow. He was heavily missed in AC, so i'd prefer a sequel over prequel in this case. Although more Arkham gaming is a plus in my book no matter the route they go. As far as Bebop's buddy not being involved in development, i'll keep a close eye on news as the game nears release to see if it will be a day 1 purchase. They have a great foundation to build on, so it would be hard to drastically mess that up.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 12:32:29 PM PST
Kruger says:
I hope they change up the art sytle. Give me a thinner version of Batman - one that doesn't look like he wieghs 300 pounds of muscle.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 12:37:23 PM PST
LogJam says:
I'm continually impressed at the outlets gaming journalists will go to to get their news, and in turn, begin hyping a game.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 12:38:45 PM PST
WeaKeN says:
scarecrow is my favorite villain, and that was my biggest gripe in AC. i'm hoping he plays a big role in the new game.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
PS VR Preorder Stock Sells Like Hot Cakes, Whole Stock Sell Out In Minutes 10 8 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3612 20 minutes ago
OT: Favorite War Movies? 62 46 minutes ago
XBox One S: same disappointing gaming performance, but now in a smaller box. Overheating issues? possibly... 66 59 minutes ago
Scorpio is 18 months away. Until then, XBox One is still a slow disappointing piece of chit 52 59 minutes ago
Microsoft giving away free Xbox One to students buying Surface PCs 18 1 hour ago
GameStop bundling the PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii for $160 1 2 hours ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 4643 2 hours ago
Overwatch discussion thread 1695 2 hours ago
Weekly Gaming and Weekend Review 6/27 - 7/1 149 3 hours ago
Bioshock Collection Incoming 119 3 hours ago
Dad Admits Killing 6-Year-Old Son While Playing Videogames 3 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Feb 12, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions