Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

My BO2 Review...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 67 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:22:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 5:22:50 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
RoadKing not really a spoiler but a heads up there is a drone hunting level that is really annoying if you get spotted and killed cuz it resets and you get killed over and over and you can't get to cover and you have to start the level completely over so stay close to Hunter and do as he says on that level.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 1:31:15 PM PST
YIGT says:
I love the shotguns and lmgs now. I im ruling with the standard pump shotgun you start with. Got a long barrell on it and the red dot. I use hardline and blindeye with the double 1 wildcard. I have coldblooded and engineer for my others i dropped the non lethal grenades so i could have more perks. just have 1 regular grenade.

I tend to get about 14-20 kills a match with teh shotgun yesterday and last night in normal deathmatch. I got 60 and 23 on demolition which is crazy for me i dont tend to get that high of a kill rate but demo give so many kills. Im not a great CoD player but im above average i guess. i tend to have a 1.5 to 2.0 KDR im at 3 something right now but that will level out as the game gets older and people get better at it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:28:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 12:29:47 PM PST
SMH says:
I agree...once I learned the maps, I welcomed campers. They are the easiest kills of all if you know where to find them. Up until that point it was extremely frustrating though and definitely took away from the game imo.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:15:10 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
I play with SMGs because of the quick response, not because of damage. But then again I play hardcore - where everything is pretty much 1-3 shot kills.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:06:40 PM PST
I grew to hate "Mw3: Grab your SMG!" fairly quickly, as it seemed to me there was a TERRIBLE imbalance between how usefull smg's were and how they outshot anything else in game. After playing BO2 for two nights, I've already had good matches with a shotty and an LMG despite the fact I'm not a very good player. I'm willing to say I think the weapon balance is already waaaaaaaay better than MW3. In mW3, around 80-90% of the people I would encounter were using smg's, often the same two in fact. Ive seen all kinds of equipment in BO2 being used already, almost to the variety level you used to see in COD4 (which was the best balanced between all classes, imo). When you see 8 out of every 10 people using the same SMG, it tells you the programmers didn't balance well. (I'm convinced they modeled only ROF in MW3, and didn't adjust for bullet damage (say, 9mm v. 7.62 JHP) AT ALL.)

The other thing - making GHOST a Level 55 perk was VICIOUS. Noobs have NO CHANCE now. None. Ghost at least would give them a fighting chance; without it, matches routinely turn into Turkey Shoots when one side is a group of competent friends and the other side is random noobs playing together (where none of them think to shoot down UAV's). When playing with friends, we had several straight matches of 250-50 wins in Hardpoint, and then a couple of 250-100 point losses when grouped up with randoms (Im not one of those players good enough to turn the tide of battle by himself). How fast things can go south now is pretty amazing.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:04:56 PM PST
RoadKing says:
Also have been playing a lot of nuketown. Just can't seem to get away from it and go to different maps. They have a lobby soley for the nuketown map that runs through the contests like kill confirmed, domination, etc. Free for all is ridiculous on that map. I have no idea what the other maps are like and I am falling behind because nuketown is just that much fun to me.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:01:57 PM PST
RoadKing says:
I am loving the sp also. In the middle of the menedez fight and it just feels good. Took out a bunch of guys in close proximity with my browning hp handgun and it felt spot on. The gun battles are chaotic and just plain fun IMO. I haven't got back to my halo 4 campaign since I picked this up. Best COD yet IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 10:48:15 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
I personally love sniping at a position where I can cover two flags... like you said, they just keep on coming :)

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 10:36:06 AM PST
I like how playing defense on Domination at the "B" flag is considered "camping" by the opposing players when they repeatedly come from the same direction time after time over and over one at a time everytime.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 10:19:00 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
I rarely have the patience for it in truth... I get bored *laugh* It is a good practice though, especially in hardcore modes...

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 10:17:28 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I don't get the camping argument either. Maps are fast enough that you should find anyone. If you get killed in the process, one, two , ten times...that is your fault...use a diff strategy.

That said if you like to snipe, the tools are there for you to do so. However, like i'd assume as in a realistic situation, no sniper should stay in the same spot all match raking in kills and not expect to get shanked or exposed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 10:13:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 10:13:35 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Campers camping in TDM/DM = retarded. UNLESS, they are a sniper.

Campers "camping" on SD or Capture the Flag or HQ = smart.

People complain about them, because they don't check corners and camp-like spots. I don't do a lot of camping, but I know in some cases it's necessary.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 10:11:56 AM PST
RoadKing says:
I don't understand the complaints about campers. First I don't see anything wrong with a player utilizing spots on a map, secondly if you stay in that spot you will ve exposed soon enough. Campers shouldn't be a big problem to deal with especially as you learn the maps but in their defense they are taking a risk by camping but they are playing within the rules just playing differently then the guys who just run all over the place racking up kills but also getting killed a lot.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 9:23:05 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Hey...I had it for 3 hours.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:17:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 9:22:35 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Disclaimer disreagard any of JJ's comments because it won't be your experience. JJ's had the game for an hour and he's already racked up a crap ton of kill streaks lol.

And to the person that said I discounted B3 in my ranking cuz I stunk at vehicles. I also listed that I would think B3 would be #1 but I wouldn't know cuz I never got to that point. So I ranked it #1 or #3 no big.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 8:25:07 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Well not to mention IW is no longer really the old IW we know and love.

Sledgehammer and Raven had a bigger part in the last IW iterations then IW did..

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:59:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 8:05:06 AM PST
R. Typo says:
I like Blops2 more than I thought I would, it's a lot of fun, maybe too much? It's likely.

It's the culmination of arcade shooters, polished, interesting, but with a lot of depth - thanks to its many modes, a package of which hasn't come around since Bowie in Labyrinth. Treyarch is handling the COD franchise with a nod and respect to fans, despite the many grumblings of Activision's DLC policies, and yearly 'game updates.'

Also, playing at 60 fps really does make a difference, where my controller starts to feel more like a hot knife, and the game becomes warmed and softened butter. It's the military mario kart of FPS, and it nails the fun factor.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:58:21 AM PST
Treyarch is normally much more responsive to to the gamers wants...most likely one of the reasons Black Ops and Black Ops 2 has been more favorably received then the last two IW games....

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:38:01 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Supposedly they are taking suggestions on game-types from users. They are going to add some more game types via patch, I have no idea on a time frame. But a lot of people are saying hardcore headquarters, hopefully that comes true.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:37:11 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Not yet!

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:20:31 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
anybody play the nuketown games? i played a few matches in that game mode, and they were fun. its the same ol nuketown, just more futuristic.

for those who have played domination, is it two rounds on every map now? i only played it on nuketown, and there were two rounds

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:18:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 7:18:38 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
"This release has convinced me that Treyarch has surpassed IW in terms of production for now."

I agree, especially since IW is not what it used to be.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:16:52 AM PST
JadedGamer says:
I'm loving BO2. It has its MP maps I love (Yemen) and hate (the cruise ship), but the SP campaign story is amazing thus far. I really like Woods and Mason from the first BO (over Soap and Price from MW) and to see the story continue is freaking awesome. I've yet to finish the SP though. I like to take my time and sprinkle in Zombies and MP rounds. This release has convinced me that Treyarch has surpassed IW in terms of production for now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:08:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 7:09:01 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Haven't tried it yet, I like how it can be automatic or you can manually control it. I like the firebombs from the jet; pretty sick.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:58:44 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
I was actually having a ball with the sentry gun in this version... a manually controlled sentry, well placed, with a bunch of players that loved coming back for more... good times :)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  67
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions