Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Fragile Dreams - Wii

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 8:16:02 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Just saw this Xseed game while trying to see if I could spot that Last Story price drop. Anyone tried this game? How is it? I'm trying to find reasons to actually use my Wii.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:17:44 AM PST
It was literally one of the most frustrating games I played in the last 5 years. It turned out to be fragile indeed. I broke it into a million pieces. Literally.

Awesome premise. Awesome art style. Would have been a good game on another system or just on the Wii without any motion controls. The inventory system was made by special people.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:18:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 8:18:48 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
It is absolutely terrible.

I really, really wanted to enjoy it but the game design pretty much makes it impossible IMO.

Just pathetic controls,gameplay,and camera.

Great presentation and premise though.

edit: lol, why hello there Mogwai; ninja'd I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:20:19 AM PST
Hello bastid.

:)

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:22:06 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Well, then! I suppose I'll take that as a no.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:35:07 AM PST
jtshiel says:
You should buy it. It looks fun.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:37:50 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
It's pretty great. People saying it's broken or the controls are a mess are over-exaggerating big time. They're totally playable, just not the best. However, the story and atmosphere is well worth it alone, as it's a unique and enthralling adventure that I highly recommend going on.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:43:57 AM PST
How can it be an exaggeration to state an opinion?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:00:29 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Exaggerated opinions exist. Every exaggeration is an opinion, because undeniable facts can't be exaggerated.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:00:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 9:07:07 AM PST
I loved Fragile Dreams. The controls can be a little frustrating at times, but I didn't think they were really that bad and they certainly didn't ruin the game for me. It's a unique experience, and the atmosphere is very well-done.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:04:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 9:07:55 AM PST
Btw, if you're looking for other good underrated Wii games and enjoy puzzle-platformers, I'd also recommend Lost in Shadow, which is now $12.94 here on Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:05:06 AM PST
I'd take what MFS and Stride say about a game with a coarse grain of salt. They both get emphatically negative opinions about things that are actually quite good on the whole on a fairly frequent basis.

I haven't actually tried the game, myself, but definitely get some other opinions before you make a conclusion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:06:31 AM PST
Keller says:
LMAO.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:11:43 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Do I? I feel like I tend to have fairly positive opinions about most games.

Maybe I'm wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:14:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 9:14:36 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
You tend to like popular games, even when they're not very good, in my opinion. For example, I'd take Resonance of Fate and Valkyria Chronicles over FFXIII and FFXIII-2, however you hate the former and love the latter. But I don't hold that against you, as that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, I just strongly disagree with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:16:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 9:16:27 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I like games that I think are good, popularity doesn't really have anything to do with it.

Even though I didn't like Resonance of Fate, Valkyria Chronicles, or Fragile Dreams, I still bought every single one of them; they just weren't very good in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:07:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 10:08:49 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
I can understand buying Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean IV, or The Last Remnant and being utterly devastated by their mediocrity, but RoF, VC, and Fragile Dreams are pretty fantastic.

I just like good games, whether popular or unpopular. But I also occasionally like a junker. I'll admit that. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:09:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 10:10:35 AM PST
I guess it's ok to have an opinion as long as it agrees with yours.

lolternets.

You could have said exactly what you said without the "People saying it's broken or the controls are a mess are over-exaggerating big time." line and no one would have said a word. I'm just saying. MANY reviews said the controls/inventory system were a mess.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:10:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 10:11:34 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
You can disagree with me and I can disagree with you, but I can also call out things that I find a bit hyperbolic.

Since you bring up reviews, I'll just point out that they awarded Far Cry 2 with an 85 average, even though it was a mess of ideas.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions