Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

YOUR Top 10 Games Since the PS3's Inception, 11/2006

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-40 of 40 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:15:22 PM PST
DVvM says:
I think a reasonable reason to exclude the PC from a "what games do you think are the best" thread, is if the OP is interested in finding more good games to play and the OP does not have a PC well suited to playing games.

Otherwise, games are games, no matter what you play them on.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 12:12:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 12:14:11 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
PC guy does what trolls the forums and tell us that consoles stink and his rig is fit for a king right ? Then helists a bunch of superior games on his PC that run like glass, that's why. Sure we all wish we can have the HAL CPU and play games that look and play like perfection but we don't so why compare to PC games on a PC rig ?

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 12:20:53 AM PST
Mass Effect 1
Tales of Vesperia
Oblivion
Left 4 Dead 1
Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
Battlefield BC 2
Operation Darkness
Fallout New Vegas
Alan Wake

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 5:21:39 AM PST
Breeze says:
Killing Floor
FTL: Faster Than Light
Orcs Must Die! 2
They Bleed Pixels
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War 2 and it's various expansions
Magicka
Intrusion 2
Civilization V
Starcraft 2
Torchlight 2

My real list would include Blazblue, Resonance of Fate, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Borderlands 2, Hatsune Miku Project DIVA f, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Yakuza 4, Valkyria Chronicles, and Assassin's Creed 2 as well as the aforementioned Killing Floor.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 6:20:16 AM PST
You listed PC games in your list already though. I'm curious as to why you want the OP to explain his OP if you were only half following it anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:03:28 AM PST
You have a new gaming laptop?! About time, dood!

It's funny. You now get back to PC gaming...and I just went to GameStop and bought 3 PS3 exclusives the other day.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:07:30 AM PST
"PC guy does what trolls the forums and tell us that consoles stink and his rig is fit for a king right ?"

What? No regular VGFer does this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:10:59 AM PST
This is true. But he's asking for "YOUR" top 10 games, and he doesn't care if they're exclusive, only if they aren't on PC. I mean, MY top 10 games this gen just so happened to be played (by me, at least) on the PC. They aren't great games because I played them on the PC. They are just great games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:14:27 AM PST
Fair enough. I removed the PC exclusives from my list.

I still played all of those games I listed on a PC. That fact is completely irrelevant to how good the games actually were.

Sean has a history of hatting on PC games and gamers for some reason. I mean, it's like he's fighting against arguments that no one is making.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:18:34 AM PST
"is if the OP is interested in finding more good games to play and the OP does not have a PC well suited to playing games."

This is a valid point. However, some people are also listing Oblivion, which does not fit the OP, either. If he was only interested in finding good games to play, why would he exclude the first year of this generation?

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 8:21:23 AM PST
FOGE says:
I can't believe how many lists have Rage. Not a bad game just not a top ten for me. I also thought most here were disappointed in it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:36:15 AM PST
I thought the general consensus was "fun game, but buy it cheap."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:02:20 AM PST
probably because Rage had one of the best ideas in a FPS game in a long time, with probably one of the best overall presentations last gen ever had in the genre itself.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 10:52:43 AM PST
1a. Portal 2
1b. Oblivion
2. COD 4
3. Halo 3
4. Dragon Age Origins
5. Red Dead Redemption
6. Skyrim
7. Halo 4
8. Uncharted 2
9. Mario Galaxy 2
10. Mass Effect 2

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:44:42 PM PST
FOGE says:
I agree and is my sentiments as well. That's not a top ten in my book though.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x995a82e8)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions