Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

TIME magazine's Top 100 Games of all time

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 142 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 12:41:40 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Twin Snakes is a garbage game made by a garbage company that has long overstayed it's welcome in this industry.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:04:45 PM PST
Anthony says:
to me, FFT is the best FF game that has ever, or will ever be made, especially now since the games have just been getting progressively worst. at least the console games, anyway.

as for elder scrolls, i haven't actually played skyrim (i'm waiting for the GOTY version since i absolutely refuse to buy any DLC individually under any circumstance.), but from what i've seen and heard from talking to people, i have no doubt i'll like it more than oblivion. Oblivion was a major let down. Morrowind still stands as one of my favorite games of all time, and my favorite Elder Scrolls game.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 1:07:40 PM PST
Thumbs up for Grim Fandango!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:09:31 PM PST
mega Tron says:
The genre was represented on this list by Civilization. Rightfully so, IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:13:54 PM PST
Generally I very much agree. There was some magic in IV, VI, and VII, but the most recent ones aren't too good (though XIII-2 is much better than XIII-1). FFT (particularly WotL) is my favorite of all of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:15:27 PM PST
Civ IV is the best of the series, and AC is pretty different from the rest of the genre...and easily worthy of a place of its own. The omission of the original XCOM is a huge travesty as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:19:48 PM PST
mega Tron says:
I just think that when we, as gamers, think about all of our favorite games and get so excited/passionate about them, it's easy to forget that not only is this list restricted to 100 games, but that video games have been around for almost 4 decades, and there are SO many great games that have been made. These lists will never make all gamers happy. But this one did better than most I've seen, which is shocking to me, since it's Time were talking about here.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 1:20:12 PM PST
Krypto says:
No Ocarina of Time? No Link to the Past? No Mario World? No Mario Galaxy? No Pokemon? No Re4?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:24:10 PM PST
I agree with everything you've said here.

=)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:25:19 PM PST
Yeah, actually...OoT, especially, is surprising to me. I've always thought the MG games were overrated, but a LOT of people do consider them some of the best games ever made. Surprising they didn't make the list.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:29:36 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:41:44 PM PST
mega Tron says:
No.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:44:08 PM PST
Anthony says:
that's the PSP version right? never played it. never owned a PSP to play it on, lol. i've played the FFTA games, but they are nowhere near as good as the original on the playstation.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:46:11 PM PST
Anthony says:
OoT was the last zelda game i played. unless you count minnish cap anyway. i didn't particularly care for it, to be honest. i think the best Zelda games were the ones for the NES and SNES.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:47:06 PM PST
Anthony says:
"Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2(Better than KOTOR, Imo)"

I'm sorry, but you need to die now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:47:12 PM PST
mega Tron says:
Agreed. Isometric Zelda > 3D Zelda for me. And I really like the 3D Zelda games I've played.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:48:32 PM PST
OP says:
I haven't played any since Ocarina of Time either, and while I thought it was a great game, I rate Link to the Past above it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:52:09 PM PST
KOTOR never really hooked me, unlike RS2.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 2:25:25 PM PST
Shanghaied says:
I think Time's list just notes the original entry in an IP. Not the sequels.

So when taken in that light, it's actually a very respectable list. I would have a hard time poo-pooing someone for it.

I mean, everyone's gonna have some weird-ass favorite, like Clash At Demonhead or something (great game btw), that simply won't make it on the list simply because it's a bit more obscure and no where near as influential.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 2:25:57 PM PST
Krypto says:
Why is this downvoted? Remove all the Sonic games and Uncharted and I agree.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 2:27:09 PM PST
Because I said that RS2 is better than KOTOR.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 4:08:39 PM PST
Apparently there are a lot of people on here who still haven't played Uncharted.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 4:18:24 PM PST
No Custer's Revenge?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:42:51 PM PST
Krypto says:
Right, because everyone who plays Uncharted loves it? I've actually played Uncharted and didn't think much of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:50:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 5:59:53 PM PST
It's a decent list. Not as bad as I thought it would be actually. A couple games I would've personally put on the list would be Mass Effect 1, Fallout 3 and Eathbound. Other then that I've played and liked a lot of the games on the list.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  142
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions