Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

My backlog is stalking me...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 44 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2012 11:29:19 AM PST
Online games. Multiplayer competitive games without any "ending". MMORPGs with too much content than I have time for. All of it is causing my backlog to grow. Now it's following me around like it's part of my shadow. It's huge. I'm getting creeped out because it's always sitting there... watching me. Calling to me...

It never used to be this bad, but if you look at my Steam profile you'll see that half the stuff on there has far less hours in it than required for a speed run, let alone a full play-through. I used to buy games and play them until I beat them, but now I have this horrible case of "gaming ADD" that I really need to break.

I'm not grabbing a single game until I clear up some of this backlog. How did you guys in similar positions do it? I'm only going to count games on my PC and PS3. I'll leave my Vita out of this for now, because that's a whole different story...

I'm thinking of finishing these ones first, but in what order?

Half-Life 2 - I think I should make this a priority and place it at the top of the list.
Metal Gear HD - Have to finish pretty much all of them, only have the first part of 2 done.
SotC - Yeah, I think I'm on #6...
God of War Saga - I'm about halfway through 1.
Fable 3 - I really want to play through this
Skyrim - Haven't finished the main quest
DA:O - 53 hours in and didn't complete the final few missions
Legend of Grimrock - 12 hours in and more than halfway through
Dishonored - 10 hours in
Mark of the Ninja - This game is a lot of fun
Thief series
Darksiders
Last Remnant
Fallout New Vegas - Haven't even loaded it up yet.
Batman collection

And I'll stop the list here, although this is only a portion of it. Should I set some kind of goal? Deadlines?

Thoughts?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 11:29:49 AM PST
Half Life 2, of course! It's a terrific game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 11:32:25 AM PST
FOGE says:
My backlog just disappeared. I have zero games in my backlog... according to howlongtobeat.com. Apparently they have a glitch.

Try and focus on one game at a time. I go through games faster when I dont multitask.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 11:34:01 AM PST
I'm right there with ya. I can't sit and play one game in a sitting. Usually I play one multiplayer game and then something else but now I don't have time to do that. I think you and I need to just hammer out some of these games and try to focus one at a time, with the occasional LoL game in between! ;)

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 11:34:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 11:34:23 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
1. Finish Dishonored, it's not very long
2. Half Life 2
3. Fable 3

And then whatever, the rest aren't that interesting or super long(The Last Remnant)

You can finish the main quest in Skyrim pretty quick though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 11:34:25 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
If it were me replaying games that I've played before....I would bounce back and forth with Batman and GoW.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 11:34:26 AM PST
Gameresq says:
I need more vacation days to attack my backlog. About 3,407 days should suffice.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 11:36:20 AM PST
Lucanus says:
I personally don't get the Half Life love, yeah I know people are about to downvote me to oblivion, but I have to be honest. I bought and played Orange Box and just didn't get it. I thought Halo and Resistance were both better first person shooters. I also think Fable is overrated and quite frankly is average at best. I'd put Darksiders up there on your list, a great game. Just my 2 cents, everybody is about to disagree with me. :)

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 11:38:38 AM PST
My backlog

Skyrim - Haven't even visited the Greybeards yet. Still in Whiterun after beating the first dragon.
Max Payne 3 - Made it to Brazil in the single player and haven't played since.
Halo 4 - Only played the Prologue.
AC3 - On the last mission, haven't finished it yet.
Far Cry 3 - Buying it anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 11:38:42 AM PST
I've never finished a single game on that list.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 11:40:30 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
If you are a fan of Batman...you need to play those games. GoW just depends on your taste. I love hack n slash type beat em' ups.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 11:40:31 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Ahem. Planescape: Torment.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 11:43:26 AM PST
Lucanus says:
I for one loved Asylum but didn't care much for City. Too GTAish for my taste. Not everything has to be open world, in some cases I think a linear story driven game is superior. Except when Betheseda is involved, they are amazing. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 11:45:54 AM PST
Junkiiiii says:
"I'm not grabbing a single game until I clear up some of this backlog."

Well Cap, the first step is to stop lying to yourself. If you can do this then more power to ya. I say this to myself all of the time. Last time I said it I went and got a whole new system (Wii U).

I try and play one game at a time but it just doesn't work. If I play a particular game for too long I tend to lose interest in it. I have to play for a few hours, stop and then play something else.

To answer your other question you should at least finish the ones you've started.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 11:48:18 AM PST
FOGE says:
Haha agreed. Thats like the gamer equivalent of "im never drinking again."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 11:56:08 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
To be fair, there's always an unspoken asterisk after that statement.

* Until my hangover is gone.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 11:58:07 AM PST
Don't turn your back on it and don't look it directly in the eyes. And don't run.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 11:58:35 AM PST
JWK says:
Half Life 2. Then play Half Life 2 again. Then as punishment for waiting so long to play Half Life 2, play Half Life 2 a third time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 11:59:27 AM PST
JWK says:
Finish Max Payne 3. One of the best games of 2012. Easily.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:02:06 PM PST
""I'm not grabbing a single game until I clear up some of this backlog."

Well Cap, the first step is to stop lying to yourself. If you can do this then more power to ya."

I know, right?
Isn't there a Steam sale going on right now?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:09:24 PM PST
OP says:
I've never made that resolution; I continue to pick up interesting games as I find them. And clearing out the backlog for me is unlikely to occur any time soon. But, if I were seriously attempting to cut it down, I would probably proceed as follows:

1. One game at a time
2. Games with the most progress get completed first
3. Games you really want to play before games you're less passionate about
4. Shorter games before longer games

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 12:12:24 PM PST
Finish? Why finish when there is so much out there to be played? However, if you really want to stop buying stuff. Do not log until steam unless you have to. Those steam sales use to get me each and every time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:14:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 12:15:32 PM PST
Considering the games I listed above are almost all games I own on Steam, that would be difficult. :D

I didn't even list any of the games I have on Origin, GoG, Impulse, etc.

And for the record, I own both the witcher games, Alice: MR, Crysis 1+2, ME 2, AC2, AC:Brohood, and a few more on those.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 12:15:42 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 3, 2012 12:16:14 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 12:20:06 PM PST
GAR says:
My collection of unplayed games is getting to the point where I'm afraid my friends are going to call the people at "Hoarders" to come do a show about all the games laying around the house....
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
LOL: Xbox One S Requires Day One Update to Display 4K Media and Play 4K Blu Ray 17 9 seconds ago
OT: Reporting junk politics threads does work 10 7 minutes ago
Your Top Ten Favorite Games? 12 8 minutes ago
4K HDR TV shopping 12 8 minutes ago
Pointless stop-gap for gullible gamers. 5 reasons why the Xbox One S is worse than the original. 3 13 minutes ago
Terry Crews builds his own gaming PC. 0 17 minutes ago
Five Video Game Franchises That Lost Their Way 7 17 minutes ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 7186 31 minutes ago
Opinion: Simpson's RPG 34 45 minutes ago
Microsoft exclusive ReCore is superb fun and just what the Xbox One needs 157 1 hour ago
PC Gaming: i5-6600K or i7-6700K? 45 1 hour ago
Someone Actually Paid $1,300 for an Early Copy of No Man's Sky Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2... 4 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  44
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions