Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

To keep my Wii U or not keep my Wii U...that is the question.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 216 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:09:41 AM PST
Dood! Your making me hungry... Think i may change my dinner tonight from Soup to Steak.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:12:18 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
Poor rich people. I feel so bad that they have to pay an extra to gougers for their brat kids.
WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:12:48 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Super Wii is the name that should've been. Damn Pacino, you just can't catch a break.

I'd keep the other one. Selling it sounds like too much trouble.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:12:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:14:30 AM PST
Lucanus says:
T-Bone is my favorite. If cooked properly London Broil is darn good too. I could never be a vegetarian. Meat is simply too good. I'd give up video games before I'd give up meat. :)

Soulshine, I agree I think the Wii-U is a horrible name. Too much confusion. It should have been Super Wii or Wii2. I don't get Nintendo's logic on this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:13:17 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
*You're.....again

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:15:02 AM PST
FOGE says:
Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:15:15 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Careful, buddy. Don't want you to fall out of your ivory tower in a rage.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:16:22 AM PST
First... *drools* I miss a good London broil
Second... I don't care about your, or you're, as your argument is still silly. (see what I did there?)
Third... I think they should have stuck with Nintendo Revolution

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:17:12 AM PST
Must be a reference I don't get... Ivory tower?

And if you think I'm angry, you would be mistaken mate.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:17:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:19:04 AM PST
Ice King says:
Are you being serious with this statement?
How do you know this family doesn't have a very limited budget and can only afford to get their kid a Wii U and maybe one or two games and that will be it until next year for the kid?
Or even if the parents do have the money, maybe they set their spending limit at $400 and your profit just cost the kid a game.
What you've done by making them pay $50 - $100 more is deprive this kid of the only games they'll have gotten because you wanted their "extra" money for yourself.
If you can live with that, then fine. But don't try to justify it like you're somehow entitled to someone else's extra money just because they really want something that you bought knowing they'd be desperate.
You've only "earned" that money in the very loosest sense of the word.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:17:49 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
Ha ha. You got burned trying to scalp the Wii U.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDtSf9pseOw

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:18:13 AM PST
Landry says:
I tried selling 3DS for profit and broke even. Or $10 profit if I count Amazon promo credit.

As for the Wii U, I didn't try it. But my good friend bought 10. Sold all 10 for $450 or more. The first sold for $532 and the last at 450$. That was day 1.

The reason you lost money was because you waited too long. On Tuesday November 20th would hit street that a new shipment would come in Black Friday. It did. Prices dropped to at 350$. Briefly on Saturday the cost rose to 400$ but after eBay fees that's only $10.

For future reference...these things are all about timing. You can't sell too early but you can't sell too late.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:18:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:21:46 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I'm not saying there is a right or wrong, just sharing my perspective.

My kids don't care for the Wii, or the 3DS lately. My daughter is more an arts and crafts kid and likes her toys. What she does like on the Wii? Udraw. What she likes on my Vita? Paint Park. We play board games more frequently than computer games together. She doesn't care for platforming games in the least. I've tried, trust me. I'm the tools and gadgets provider in my home lol

I can see the Wii U providing some cool use for that, but for as seldomly she does use it now, it can wait till next year. Daddy doesn't have time for the Wii U now, but may find it hard to resist once Rayman Legend or Wonderful 101 whispers sweet nothins to him. But reality tells me as great as those games may turn out, the sea of games coming the first 5 months of the year may prove too distracting.

Wii U is kinda quiet, dont ya think? There may be bigger hype next year with the kids and perhaps she'll be more aware of it and actually ask for one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:19:25 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I'm glad someone's thinking of the children, lol. Or, his parents have wads of cash and can afford to go out and buy jr a Wii U for an inflated price because the kid is spoiled.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:20:06 AM PST
So basically, as is getting more prevalent in America: rich person wins, middle income person loses.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:20:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:20:51 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Wonderul 101 might just be pretty slick, it has caught my eye. I have high hopes for it. Your view point makes perfect sense given your current status and preferences. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:23:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:26:00 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
My point was that anti-scalpers always want to paint the most dire picture available with crying, cheated children and consumers who are backed into corners by scalpers, but they know nothing of the person who willingly puts up more than the MSRP price.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:24:58 AM PST
D says:
Only the definition pertaining to law discriminates based on species. If you were to savagely kill an animal, it would be a correct use of the word to say you murdered the animal. That is not a point of debate, but a correct use of English. Animal activists are not arguing about what the legal definition of murder is when they say meat is murder, they are indicating the meat industry is barbaric and cruel. That is not to say you shouldn't eat meat, but it is what it is. Animal cruelty is rampant in the meat industry, and some people are not going to like the fact that you support that.

That all being said I am also omnivorous. I'm not judging you there, just entertaining the other side of the argument.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:30:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:32:09 AM PST
Ice King says:
That's true, we don't know who's paying the inflated prices and I wasn't even going to go there until he said that he's just taking money from spoiled rich kids like he knows exactly who he's selling to.
They're obviously not all poor families going without meals all year so they can get their sick and dying kids one nice thing for their last Christmas only be thwarted by the evil scalpers, but they're also not all some spoiled little brats who will throw a tantrum if they don't get what they want and they're parents are millionaires who don't even care what they pay as long as it shuts the kids up.
I'm sure they're all somewhere in between these extremes. But even if it is the super spoiled rich kids, it doesn't justify anything.
That's my point, you can't justify scalping. You can not give a crap, and that's fine, but there's no real way to justify it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:31:12 AM PST
I never support Animal Cruelty of course. I have a pet cat and I would never do anything cruel to him or any animal for that matter.

But I buy meat every time I go grocery shopping, Steak, Chicken, Pork, etc... and I have no control over how the company deals with their killing of the animals. I know it has to be done, I personally can't do it myself normally, but I would if I had to in order to survive. And Animal rights Activists while they are correct in saying that cruelty is a horrible thing, a great deal of them still are trying to force the rest of the world not to eat meat. And then of course there is PETA... which jsut provides a good laugh every now and then.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:33:06 AM PST
There are also families and parents who work a few extra shifts or work late etc... to earn a bit of extra money to make their kid happy for the Holiday or for their Birthday.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:34:11 AM PST
I would say the people who are paying $500 for a WiiU are probably putting it on credit cards with high balances already, rich people can afford it and smart poorer people won't pay that much. So basically we're just piling on to the credit crazyness of our country by scalping.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:36:32 AM PST
FOGE says:
I think the people who overuse credit cards are the ones who are to blame for the credit crazyness. Scalpers arent the problem with credit, whether you think they are scum or businessmen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:38:45 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
I have it on good authority that evil German Sheppard Nazis are the ones buying Wii Us over the MSRP. It makes me feel better that I'm forcing them to pay more. This way they don't have as much money for their evil plans.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:39:24 AM PST
Scalpers are adding a little bit more to the problem is all I'm saying, and I would say it's our educational systems failure to educate people on personal finance that is to blame for the credit crazyness. Too many people learning the hard way.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  216
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions