Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me 3 times, I'll still give you money: GODUS reached its funding goal.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-38 of 38 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 12:02:14 PM PST
Did I say it was a bad game or anything like that? No I just said it was a disappointment and didn't live up to the promise that Molyneux talked up.

Also what you find fun and enjoyable isn't what I'm always going to find fun and enjoyable. It's no secret I don't care for Fable 2 or 3 because they were steps down from the original Fable (in my opinion) so from what I experienced it was very similar to getting a lotto ticket. Sure I still had the game in the end but it wasn't the game I was promised and I didn't care for the final result.

And what else has Molyneux done recently? Curiosity is the only thing he's done since Fable so the Fable comparison still holds true.

Sorry but I'm not a fan of Molyneux or his work these days. Maybe Godus will turn out well but I'm not about to support a developer who has let me down quite a few times.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 12:09:48 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 22, 2012 12:15:07 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 12:12:07 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I hope Fable 3 gets really cheap during the Steam sale. I've been wanting to play through it again.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 12:42:23 PM PST
All Fable needed was some writers. Lionhead just isn't very adept at crafting stories. For a game called "Fable" you better spin us a good yarn. Farting on people only goes so far when dialogue comes into play.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 12:52:53 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I don't know, I personally think the writing in the series is actually really good. You need to like/understand British humor though to get the most out of it. I really think Albion is one of the most charming and beautiful game worlds ever created.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 1:17:22 PM PST
Well it's not the cultural thing because I'm a huge fan of Black Adder, Spaced, Fawlty Towers, Python, etc. I agree with you about Albion being charming, it's mostly the way they handle plot moments that irks me. The final confrontation with Lucien, the lackluster way they handle the kingly duties in Fable III, etc.

They definitely have some cool character ideas. I think the three heroes in Fable II were amazing, but we hardly get any time with them at all. If you have a main character with no personality, it's important to surround him with interesting people at every opportunity.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 2:18:12 PM PST
DVvM says:
I think the way to deal with Peter Molyneux games is to immunize yourself to the hype through whatever ways you can. I would recommend not listening to anything he says about his own game.

Since he does make good games, no doubt, but ye gods can that man overpromise.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 8:02:09 PM PST
Why is it played out? It's not like he stopped making absurd promises.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 8:05:23 PM PST
Some of it, like the stuff with the gnomes and quest that has you playing in a tabletop RPG are hilarious. Some of it, like farting in peoples' faces or dancing with them, is stupid.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 8:10:44 PM PST
I agree, the comparison is stupid. At least with a lotto ticket you have a chance to get what's being promised.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 8:11:36 PM PST
That's the approach I took with Fable 3 and even then I didn't overly care for the final product. I never actually beat the game because I just didn't feel that compelled to do so. I got up to just after you take the throne and I just lost all interest with the plot twist involving the brother.

I did however watch my two buddy's play through the entire game and I'm pretty content with my decision to not finish the game.

Molyneux has done some great work in the past I think but these days his designs feel all over the place. There are some great ideas in there such as the combat for Fable 3 but it was buried under so many other things that I just didn't care to bother with it. Heck I've still got the original Populous on SNES with the box and everything. Godus looks interesting but the prototype build didn't have much going on and after how poorly 22 Cans handled Curiosity I'm a little leery of getting involved with one of their projects. I could be wrong here but from what I understand Curiosity is still having server issues and such yet 22 Cans is moving on to another project? If this is the case then I'm definitely not about to jump into anther Molyneux game until I see the overall final result and how much is actually going to go into it.

I did however get suckered on Fable 1. That's the only game I've ever done a midnight release for and yea... All that talk was simply that, talk. I got caught up a little bit with Fable 2 but took a step back and thankfully lowered expectations but still found the final product lacking and an overall step down from Fable 1.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 8:12:00 PM PST
You're alright in my book!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 10:10:41 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 22, 2012 10:16:10 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xd8762e00)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions