OT: Walmart Black Friday Strike?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 201 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2012 4:09:42 PM PST
Frank says:
I like you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2012 4:07:26 PM PST
Frank says:
Not putting words in your mouth, you replied to my post in which I was responding to someone who said something to the effect that the Wally World workers just want to be treated like humans. If you're going to jump in to take up the mantle of defender of the oppressed then at least keep up to what is being discussed.

Define bad working conditions in the continental US.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 2:24:07 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
It's so easy to find jobs, I mean what are these people thinking working at wal mart of all places. Idiots, the lot of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:39:11 PM PST
Twishy says:
Walmart is getting ride of greeters a lot. I hardly ever see them in stores anymore. Usually greeters are elderly or disabled.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:36:15 PM PST
Twishy says:
They get some sort of Holiday Pay but I don't believe it's double time. Maybe time and a half. I could be wrong though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:13:58 PM PST
It's not mandatory... It's not like people Need to each or have a place to live...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:06:43 PM PST
My friend who is active duty and was stationed in Iraq (Air force major) says the whole place has gone to crap since we left and nothing we did made a difference.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 1:29:59 PM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
That's true. I've had my share of bad jobs: This tool and dye factory where I breathed burning plastic all day. This other factory where they wanted me to handle hoses coated in asbestos with no gloves. This cookie factory where I spend 8 hours hunched over a conveyor belt picking up cookies eight at a time. I don't know if it was staring at the conveyor belt or the overwhelming smell or cookies, but I now know why they call it "tossing your cookies".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 1:01:18 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
That's the attitude that scalper haters have, so it doesn't surprise me that they would extrapolate that belief structure to other venues.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 12:59:14 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
It's despicable what these Chinese workers go through. Just terrible.

-Posted from my iPad 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 12:28:00 PM PST
FOGE says:
Yeah! Thank you. Yes what Wal Mart is doing is wrong, but if people would got batshit crazy over a TV on Thanksgiving, the store would close. It's like getting mad at the drug dealer but letting the junkies get a free pass.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 12:05:28 PM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
For realz! Kindly place the insults in the bed of a remote control pickup truck and safely guide it to my resting place near the couch, if you're too lazy to walk them over! We're supposed to be civilized!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:58:34 AM PST
Punk! says:
I'll try this again. If you're just going to throw insults at me, I see no reason to continue this discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:54:50 AM PST
Punk! says:
Nobody said "inhumane" treatment, stop putting words in my mouth. But just because you have bad conditions doesn't mean their conditions are awesome. I know we're 'Mericans and all that, but believe it or not, bad working conditions can exist here.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:53:31 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
Apparently, in some sweat shop jobs, you cannot leave your machine to use the restroom, during your shift. And you have to buy your own depends.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:51:22 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
"to try to rid them of their corrupted world views towards Americans"

So, carefully worded! Man, you could work for the state department.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:38:27 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 20, 2012 11:39:29 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 11:27:08 AM PST
Soulshine says:
[Some interesting anecdote about how I work hard and keep my nose to the grindstone while lazy uneducated Walmart greeters on welfare have the nerve to go on strike just over one piddly little holiday]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:03:31 AM PST
Frank says:
And I hate the exaggeration about inhumane treatment and the drama people generate to make it sound like they have it so bad when all they are asked to do is work. Yeah minimum wage sucks. Yeah I'm sure there isn't much upward mobility either but it is a job and it puts food on the table and pays the rent. Being a peon should be motivation enough to take steps to get yourself out of that class.

The overseas labor mention provides a good contrast for us Merkuns. We don't have it that bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:00:38 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
I would agree that military is of vital importance but you can't disregard the importance of a Walmart employee either. If everyone that has a regular job quits than our country falls whether we have an active military or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:57:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 12:42:54 PM PST
What an ignorant and ill founded statement.

One of my best friends was stationed overseas for 3+ years in Iraq and Afghanistan. In Iraq he assisted his unit in helping to make a census of the entire towns population while also working with the people/town police who are so indoctrinated by their town Imam's version of "world news" to try ridding them of their corrupted views towards Americans. Many soldiers in his unit (including his sergeant) died while trying to accomplish this mission, and the area in which he was stationed saw a vast improvement over a short period of time.

In Afghanistan his unit took out many high priority targets and also helped to provide intel on fleeing units across the Pakistan border.

Regardless of your idiotic presumption, an active duty soldier is a far more vital asset to this nation therefore they get paid like such.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:48:24 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
Well, they could join the military then! And if that doesn't work out there's always the brig.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:47:36 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
Some guy has to work bare-fisted with asbestos over in China, therefore you can't complain as I proceed to pay you in Walmart gift certificates.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:47:25 AM PST
Punk! says:
"Laser JoneZ: Apostate in training says:
Which training and duty is more essential to our nation?"

Probably the WalMart employee. Very little of what your average soldier does has any direct effect on your average American.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:45:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 10:46:32 AM PST
Which training and duty is more essential to our nation?

Presumed experience beforehand is a null point, I specified active duty.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x9836ffb4)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  201
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions