Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Most of 2013's biggest games seem to be skipping Wii U

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 64 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 16, 2012 10:54:26 PM PST
Waldo says:
Wii U- The new HD generation for "Shovelware"!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 10:00:20 PM PST
AmbientGreen says:
The only game that I might miss from this list is Grand Theft Auto V. Most of the others that I care about or am interested in, I'll more than likely check out on PC (Tomb Raider, Dead Island Riptide, etc.). The games that I really care about and I am most excited for next year are: Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate and The Elder Scrolls Online, so I'm covered for those two. It'd be nice to have more multiplats on the Nintendo Wii U, but that was never a reason that I purchased one to begin with.

I'm actually pretty happy with what Nintendo has upcoming. I'm certain there will be some future surprises that will also make their way on the system.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 9:44:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 9:45:11 PM PST
Marie says:
At least those who have the Wii U can play Bayonetta 2 and Zombie

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:55:28 PM PST
Glenn says:
What you said....

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 10:29:39 PM PST
I have to agree with mostly everyone. If it gets decent 3rd party great if not, I still have Metroid and Zelda to look forward to

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 8:30:54 PM PST
Not surprised. Those games were in development prior WiiU. Developers have to keep in mind using tablet if they want port to WiiU though they could just by pass it using regular controller instead. But would Nintendo allow that? No. Besides, game won't sell well if they not utilize tablet function since Xbox 360 and PS3 will have better graphic.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 8:17:03 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
Looks like Reggie doesn't know about Halo.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 9:16:14 PM PST
AmmmY says:
I basically bought a Wii U just to have the latest stuff. And I loved Pikmin.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 9:09:03 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Nothing can beat my Wii for local co-op: Smash, NSMB, Mario Kart, etc., etc.
If the Wii U nails like the Wii did, I'm very positive it will be a success.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 9:05:13 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
Jawwad "Will Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and Donkey Kong games be ported to the 360/PS3?"
Reggie "Microsoft and Sony could only wish"
Jawwaad "Do you think hardcore gamers will be mad at Nintendo for not getting some of 2013's most anticipated games?"
Reggie "Sure but we really never had support from hardcore gamers for the most part and we've lasted this long"
Jawwaad "So what do think about the Vita's sales?"
Reggie "Our 3DS has taken a crap on the Vita and the Vita is marinating in it"
Jawwaad "LOL. Do you think the Vita will ever stand a chance against the 3DS?"
Reggie " Yeah, when we release our new handheld and the Vita actually gets some games"
Jawwaad "What about Microsoft?"
Reggie "What about them? They have no exclusives"

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 8:54:25 PM PST
Wah U.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 8:20:02 PM PST
I paid $350 for the PS Vita and only have about six games for it, so I'll still probably pay $300 for the Nintendo Wii U too. It doesn't come to much as a shock that some games won't be released for the Wii U but if they do come out later and I haven't gotten them on either the 360 or PS3 yet then maybe it'll be on the Wii U. Still I think it's that at the end I'm just at heart a Nintendo fan and since I still play on the GameCube and still have fun on the Wii why not add to that and get the Wii U.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 5:37:10 PM PST
^^ This. For multiplats, I've got my PC or PS3 if not available on computer.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 4:46:50 PM PST
Rami says:
I didn't buy the Wii U for multiplats, I bought it to play Nintendo games.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 4:05:49 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:47 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 2:32:41 PM PST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Did Nintendo completely alienate devs with the Wii?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 2:32:24 PM PST
If you're still undecided when I finally take over the console, I'll let you know. Of course, I'm sure that there are others on here that can give you an opinion before I can, but I'll give you a heads up when I can.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 2:25:10 PM PST
LiLTweaky says:
Hey DDustiNN asl?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 2:23:30 PM PST
I see. Just dont want to purchase this (digitally) and not being able to return it if sux

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 2:16:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2012 2:17:22 PM PST
Lucanus says:
No idea, I haven't played it. I believe Jason has, he would be better prepared to assist you my friend on this subject. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 2:08:44 PM PST
I've heard good things if you're looking for kinda old-school horror zombie games, but if you're looking for something like RE5 you might wanna pass. I've got the game myself, but won't be able to play it for another 14 days or so(giving the girls 1 day of daddy not playing on the new console).

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 2:08:38 PM PST
JWK says:
This isn't surprising. Nintendo always teases about massive third party support, but that only lasts a year or so. Luckily, Nintendo has a dozen or more first party series with regular releases, so it makes the console worth owning.

Unless something changes, the only Nintendo consoles that will get serious third party support will be handhelds.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 2:04:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2012 2:06:12 PM PST
ZombiU - Nintendo Wii U any good? Im talking about really good?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 2:00:30 PM PST
Kr155 says:
Nice I didnt realize Stick of Truth is right around the corner. Thats the game I want the most next year.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 1:15:41 PM PST
Lucanus says:
Ever play Little Kings Story? I have it, but never played it. I hear great things about it. :)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
report: new xbox (scorpio) 4x as powerful as current model shooting for 6tf vs. projected ps4 neo 4.14tf 100 12 seconds ago
Regarding Doom 25 3 minutes ago
My current PSP game collection - What's yours? 35 6 minutes ago
OT: Donald Drumpf really getting out there and motivating the young Hispanic voters!!! 1006 9 minutes ago
iPhone 7 to copy features Android had 3 years ago. crApple Corp is out of ideas 16 13 minutes ago
2016 VGF Vote to the death...you monsters 4446 13 minutes ago
What are some methods to take to get a publisher to do a remake or whatever? I want a hd remaster of knights of the old republic, eternal darkness, and dark cloud 1 or 2. 5 16 minutes ago
Dark Souls III Community Help Thread - **Expect Spoilers** 2733 21 minutes ago
No Man's Sky officially delayed to August 9th 7 41 minutes ago
OT: Is it just me or does Donald Trump seem like a more genuine person than Hillary Clinton? 111 47 minutes ago
Overwatch discussion thread 200 49 minutes ago
PS Plus June 2016 To Include NBA 2K16 And Gone Home 5 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  64
Initial post:  Dec 12, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions