Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Super Meat Boy sold on Ubuntu store without permission; Team Meat still hasn't been paid over a year later

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2012 11:25:38 PM PST
http://www.formspring.me/EdmundM/q/406945771976419136?utm_medium=social&utm_source=noservice&utm_campaign=shareanswer&_sg=&_sk=

" You said the game was rejected by the UbuntuSC guys, how comes that with the Humble Bundle 7 they claim "We're sorry that Binding of Issac [...] are not available. [...] the authors of Binding of Issac declined to make their game available and we respect"

" they are just trying to save face. they rejected isaac a while ago because its content "wasnt a good fit for the Ubuntu store" then changed their tune once they found out how popular it was and that it was a part of the HIB.

but since they are going out of their way to try and avoid the fact that they rejected isaac, ill also make public the 2nd reason why isaac isnt intheirstore.

Last year Ubuntu added Super Meat Boy to their store without our written permission and sold it for a full year without paying us. we didnt find this out till a few months ago and had to contact them directly about it in order to get our payment.... i dont trust or respect their actions and wont be working with them ever again.

i was trying to be cool about it but if they want to publicly state that i declined their offer to sell Isaac in their store without context to why.. then ill go public with my VERY valid reasons.

feel free to re-post this message or link this to any one who might be misinformed, im not a fan of being made to look like an ass[censored] when my reasons are quite valid.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 11:53:57 PM PST
Well I'm never using that service now because of this.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 5:29:40 AM PST
Wow...that is shady.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 7:51:03 AM PST
Ham Salad says:
Yep, screw Ubuntu.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 8:21:12 AM PST
Ubuntu has always been the ghetto OS, it was only a matter of time before sh/t got stoled....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions