Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Halo 4 IGN Review

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 167 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 1, 2012 12:09:59 AM PDT
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/01/halo-4-review

<snip>

After soaking in the new game, I am beyond thrilled to be so in love with Halo again, more than I've been since Halo 2. Halo 4 is a masterstroke everyone can and should celebrate, and its two guaranteed sequels instantly make the next-generation Xbox a must-own system, with Halo 5 its most anticipated title. Halo has been rebuilt. It has been redefined. And it has been reinvigorated. The Xbox's original king has returned to his rightful place on the throne.

THE VERDICT

Cortana once asked Master Chief what would happen if he missed his target, and in the single greatest line of dialogue in Halo history, Chief replied with the coolest, calmest confidence, "I won't."

9.8/10 Amazing

+Astounding aesthetic, AI, presentation
+Unbeatable sound design
+Impeccably paced campaign
+Endless, balanced multiplayer
+Still-unmatched social multiplayer options

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 12:12:19 AM PDT
Dukeshire says:
This is the first time Halo has interested me since Halo 3. May have to check it out.

Also, I am looking forward to waking up in the morning and seeing McClane splooge all over this thread with Flores and Dougie saying M$ paid off IGN and that the series is overrated.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:13:31 AM PDT
lol yea i can see that, and yea Halo 4 really has me interested, more then Reach did

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 12:17:06 AM PDT
Fullme7al says:
Hurry up Tuesday!!! I already mailed in my vote! That UPS man better have already too. Crap, Tuesday is usually the busy day of UPS, but still, he better come early. (Don't call me lazy, I hurt my back at work).

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 12:17:13 AM PDT
I couldn't even watch the video review.... I don't wanna spoil myself.... I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 12:18:29 AM PDT
Pick 34 says:
Can't wait for it, I have to read the review yet, but a 9.8 is a strange number, in fact I dislike reviews that use the decimal. Call it what it is, a 10.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 12:18:39 AM PDT
Blake says:
Good to see 343 doing justice to the series. Can't wait until Tuesday.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 12:21:26 AM PDT
Ugh... why do you have to go and be good Halo 4? I might have to whip out the check book and pick this up.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 12:22:46 AM PDT
Looks like 343 did what they needed to do

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 12:24:15 AM PDT
Read some of the comments on the video. He actually said -Gasm.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:34:26 AM PDT
lol

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 1:08:11 AM PDT
Prankster says:
Another good game! The holiday season is always the best. I wish I had my 360 right now. Then again I want it even to play Reach. Urrrggghhh!!

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 1:26:46 AM PDT
Nicos says:
'Cortana once asked Master Chief what would happen if he missed his target, and in the single greatest line of dialogue in Halo history, Chief replied with the coolest, calmest confidence, "I won't."'

what a fuggin joke

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 4:49:41 AM PDT
waxc3 says:

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 4:56:01 AM PDT
Nicos says:
'Cortana once asked Master Chief what would happen if he missed his target, and in the single greatest line of dialogue in Halo history, Chief replied with the coolest, calmest confidence, "I won't."'

serioulsy if you think this whole thing is 'epic' just kill yourself

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 4:57:01 AM PDT
What if it was out of 100 and they gave it a 98?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 4:58:57 AM PDT
waxc3 says:
yes we saw your opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 5:01:32 AM PDT
You know what I love most about great action movies, no cheesy dialogue ever. That's right, just imagine how much it would suck if say an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie had a stupid line in it.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 5:02:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 5:02:42 AM PDT
Looks like I might be replacing my 360 this BF. Halo is one of the very few FPS that I play because, horror of horrors, I like story and this series actually gives me some sci-fi love. Of course, I might not be able to wait and actually get the Halo 4 LE 360(man, that thing looks sweet.) Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 4 Bundle

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 5:09:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 5:44:02 AM PDT
Aww....Poor butthurt Sony fanboys.

Sadness™ - The only Playstation 3 exclusive.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 5:16:23 AM PDT
Hmmm.

It actually sounds fairly good. I put thousands of hours into Halo 1 and 2, but only a few hundred into 3. I never picked up any of the recent installments as I sold my 360 right before Reach released, but if I ever grab one again I'll definitely have to get this. Love me some Halo.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 5:18:02 AM PDT
Yup, Sadness™ is an awesome game you can play on your PS3. So is the Uncharted series, Demon's Souls, 3DDGH, and the Infamous series.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 5:25:03 AM PDT
M. says:
Oh man ps3 fans just can't get a break.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 5:32:49 AM PDT
personally I don't like the halo series. And that has nothing to do with my preferences of system. I just don't like the game's style. However, i can't deny that this one looks interesting. When it lowers in price I may pick it up to run through the campaign once.

I think it has to do with the fact that I can only carry 2 weapons, I really don't like that part of gameplay in FPSs anymore. I love the older style of "Here's more weapons than you could ever possibly carry at once!... go!" Like Quake and Doom, and Borderlands, Turok 1 on the 64, goldeneye etc... Was just more fun! One of the reasons i hated Resistance 2 was because I was limited to 2 weapons again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 5:57:21 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Aww... the one week xbots get to brag about Halo...

Xbox has game™

But good for you guys. I for one dont have an allegiance, so after playing all my PS3/Wii/360 games this year, I can also play Halo.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  53
Total posts:  167
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions