Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Vita is destined to sell better than 3DS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 142 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:03:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 7:04:11 AM PST
you could have called him

Jack
K. Griff
Badgerlord
Jack Fox, Badgerlord -(K. Gfiff), or any other combination

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:04:00 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Sep 28, 2015 12:01:05 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:04:39 AM PST
Ask the people on this board who predicted that the Vita would outsell the 3DS. They are the ones qualified to answer that.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:05:43 AM PST
But... what's wrong with liking it all!

Where does it say that if the Vita doesn't sell as well as the 3DS than it's a bad system!

There are games on the Vita I can't get on the 3DS and games on the 3DS i can't get on the Vita. I have to have both! And If you want to talk about price, I paid the same for my 3DS as Vita. Actually technically more for the 3DS since I just traded it for a 3DSXL. the 3DSXL is sooooo much nicer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:06:31 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I like Fox though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:06:36 AM PST
Or Badger :3.

I Prefer to go by Badger or Jack IRL. Fox works too, was my name in WoW so i'm used to that too (Fox being short for Foxflame)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:07:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 7:13:23 AM PST
Keller is the guy that said that the Wii and DS would both outsell the PS2...
The the Wii would reach 100mil sold faster than PS2
That the WiiU will not sell at a Loss, because Nintendo never sells [over his dead body] a home console at a loss (I believe he said the same thing abut the 3DS..cant remember)
SMG and SMG2 are the Highest rated games this gen (until I showed him the scores of GTAIV)
blah, blah, blah

Moral of the story....do I really need to spell it out?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:07:50 AM PST
" But... what's wrong with liking it all!

Where does it say that if the Vita doesn't sell as well as the 3DS than it's a bad system!"

I don't see anyone making those arguments.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:11:16 AM PST
You clearly haven't been around here for long :3

In a lot of places people are saying since the Vita isn't selling better than the 3DS it's an inferior system blah blah blah....

So much hate for no reason. And it's not just Vita vs 3DS, it's Xbox vs PS3 (though Nintendo never get's mentioned) iPad vs Android.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:12:14 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Sep 28, 2015 12:00:33 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:13:06 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Jason is the VGF uncle. Like Tatsu was for the Foot Clan recruits.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:13:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 7:17:09 AM PST
Lucanus says:
"Why does it matter if it doesn't sell as well? I have both, I like both."

Sales=increased developer support and longer shelf life. Sales do matter. Sure a system can be enjoyed and great, despite low sales. See the Gamecube for details. But the Gamecube did have bad third party support, because sales were terrible. Meanwhile the ps2 broke records and had easily the greatest third party support out of any console in the history of gaming. Sales do affect developer support.

Let me ask you this; if you were in charge of a studio and had a great idea for a portable game.... would you release it for a portable with 25 million potential buyers or 3 million?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:14:28 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Sep 28, 2015 12:00:40 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:15:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 7:18:05 AM PST
" You clearly haven't been around here for long "

Over two years and I don't see anyone making that claim.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:17:39 AM PST
I've only been here 6 months but I've seen the threads on it. And it's not just here, it's all over the internet.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:17:43 AM PST
waxc3 says:
i thought this was an April Fools joke

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:18:50 AM PST
If you can link to people claiming that then I'll believe you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:19:02 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Honestly it should have been. I can't figure out why anybody in their right mind actually thought Nintendo wasn't going to be successful with the 3DS, the DS is upwards of 150 million sold. Sure Flores, Oskar and Gay are crazy enough to say silly stuff, but a 'professional journalist' should have known better.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:19:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 7:20:17 AM PST
oh lord I don't remember where the thread's are they were months ago, closer to the Vita's release.

My Point is just because the Vita sells less doesn't make it a worse system.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:20:48 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Sep 28, 2015 12:00:50 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:21:26 AM PST
" My Point is just because the Vita sells less doesn't make it a worse system."

Nobody is making that claim though. Look in this thread. Has anybody said that?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:21:47 AM PST
"My Point is just because the Vita sells less doesn't make it a worse system."

Yeah, nobody thinks that. I would not go down this road if I were you, it's caused Flores a lot of trouble inserting victimization where there is none.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:22:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 7:24:29 AM PST
Didn't say people on this thread said it.

EDIT: ACK, I mistyped, I had 3DS and Vita Switched in my head and I don't know why. That was my big msitake, and I apologize. This is what happened when I get only 1 hour of sleep.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:24:23 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Haha, no, no chance in hell. The 3DS isn't great, but there is no way the Vita will ever outsell it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:24:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 7:25:52 AM PST
Lucanus says:
It could make it less of a system though. If Japan sales don't pick up, don't you think that will affect developer support? Why do you think 99% of third party support was on the ps2 and not Gamecube? Why do you think many developers decided this generation to develop for both the ps3 and 360? Developers are there to make money, they care about sales for obvious reason. Sales will have little to no affect on first/second party support. But it does greatly influence third party support. The Wii got next to no real third party support, because third party games sold horribly. Sales do matter.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Digital Foundry on Nintendo NX's Tegra-powered capabilities... 15 52 seconds ago
Life is Strange is getting adapted into a digital TV series, Square Enix announced today 1 1 minute ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 6735 1 minute ago
OT: Obama's half brother is voting for Trump 65 3 minutes ago
OT: You know what dog food tastes like? Do you? 5 4 minutes ago
OT: dnc breaks federal law at convention: violation of section 8 u.s. code § 1324 64 5 minutes ago
OT: Democratic National Convention and the rest of the stink coming out of Philadelphia this week 636 5 minutes ago
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Console Announcement Trailer 0 7 minutes ago
Microsoft Working to 'Make Steam Progressively Worse' on Windows 10 to Force Gamers to Use Windows Store 33 8 minutes ago
OT: It's Going to be Great When Hillary Clinton Wins the Election 137 8 minutes ago
OT: Decided on my new smartphone, Moto G4 Plus 35 11 minutes ago
Overwatch discussion thread 3150 11 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  142
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 20, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions