Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Wii-U Tablet Extender Possible?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2012 7:32:33 AM PST
So I am not impressed with the Tablet's range. I can't even make it out of my theater/game room without losing signal. I love the idea of being able to play games throughout the house. Looking at it like a wifi extender, is it possible for Nintendo and/or a third party to make an extender so we aren't limited by 25 feet? Or would that be too slow for streaming games to the Tablet?

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 8:11:27 AM PST
R. Greer says:
All I know is that I wish I had your game room? I tried it out last night in my bed and it worked but would freeze up every few minutes. I would say the range in my house is about 10-15 feet through 2 walls. I would hope there is some option to extend the range. Whatever it is, I would buy it.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 8:14:08 AM PST
My house is set up such that I would almost have to go outside to get out of the 26 foot range. But mostly I sit in my gaming chair when I'm gaming.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 8:22:20 AM PST
The game room is 28 feet long and 15 feet wide. I have my setup on one end. By the time I get out of the room, the signal is gone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 8:31:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 8:33:05 AM PST
I am thinking it would be too slow, if you care at all about synchronization. This would probably be expensive and still introduce several frames worth of lag.

It uses BlueTooth. BlueTooth was never meant to go far.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions