Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Far Cry 3 and Molotovs?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 28, 2012 8:55:25 AM PST
shiftless says:
So I threw a lot of Molotovs last night, in different situations, and I don't have a good feel for them. Do you guys use them much, and if so, when? I've tried throwing them directly at pirates, and aside from getting them to stop shooting for a few seconds, the fire doesn't seem to do much damage to them. Should I use them as more of a getaway tactic? Discuss.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:58:09 AM PST
It's best where there is a lot of places for stuff to burn and can create a wall of fire or better yet, trap and kill your enemies.

Also if aiming is your problem you can just use them to craft the fire arrows.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 8:58:48 AM PST
Scratchy says:
I always turned em into flame arrows those seemed to do more damage and felt more BA.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 9:40:57 AM PST
shiftless says:
I'll give those a *shot*. Thanks, regulators!

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 9:41:58 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I didn't use a single one.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 10:33:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 10:33:34 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Flame arrows?! Damn, I can't imagine arrows doing more damage then they already do.

I love this bow!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:37:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 10:37:42 AM PST
Ice King says:
Don't they draw a lot of attention though?
When I use the bow I'm usually pretty close and the last thing I'd want would be everyone rushing to where I am.
Well, not really since I could just use the grenade launcher when they bunch together and take them all out at once but I don't like to do that. I prefer sneaking around with the bow and silenced sniper rifle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:39:38 AM PST
When your arrows start fires you don't really need to be that accurate and thus you can fire them from far off.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 1:31:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 1:32:08 PM PST
C.W. says:
Anyone have recommendations for stealth hunting? I'm starting to get the hang of creeping up on the bad guys, but it seems like even if I'm crouched, hidden in bushes, and moving super slow, the animals still hear me from a mile away and dart...

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 1:32:59 PM PST
Marvelous says:
I crafted burning arrows before I even got the Bow, once I tried it out, i was in awe!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 1:36:34 PM PST
There is a syringe that you can craft that makes the animals you are hunting almost ignore you. That way you can get closer or hunt them easier!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 1:50:19 PM PST
C.W. says:
Nice! Thanks for the advice. The one hunting syringe that makes them visible is useful too. That's the only one I've got access to at the moment it seems like.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 2:24:27 PM PST
shiftless says:
Yep, what Flawless said. You'll also get one later that helps you spot human enemies.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 3:39:13 PM PST
Silenced sniper rifle, or a bow with the marksman site are good picks. If you are hunting something dangerous you might want a shotgun as well.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 4:32:12 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
I used them on the heavies and they worked pretty well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 12:26:13 PM PST
i had trouble catching up with some deer early on in the game so i just ran them over with a jeep

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 1:01:36 PM PST
Rofl. That's how I filled my dingo quota. A dingo ate my bumper!

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 3:17:57 PM PST
Technosapien says:
I don't think I used a single molotov in my playthrough.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 6:13:04 AM PST
Him says:
I was trying to get away from a group of bad guys last night in a jeep-like vehicle when I noticed 2 rock-like thingies in the road ahead. Not wanting to die and not really having enough time to react, I just ran them over...ended up being two huge turtles crossing the road. I actually felt really bad, especially after the thread last week where we all talked about running over animals.

Sorry turtles, I thought you were rocks :(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 6:20:05 AM PST
At one point in the game I swerved to avoid hitting a turtle, went off a cliff, jumped out of the jeep in mid air, landed safely in the water and the jeep his a shark and killed it.

If only I found a way for the jeep to also explode it would have been perfect.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 6:25:40 AM PST
Him says:
I jumped off a cliff last night with a bad guy stuck to the front of my car. He went flying off into the water and I never saw him again. My car landed on dry land, caught on fire and exploded as I was trying to get out of it.

So far, the coolest thing I've seen: I was leaving one of the safe houses and I heard a guy screaming. I walked over to the road and watched as a tiger was mauling a dude and his buddy was running away. I watched with my camera as the tiger turned to chase the guy, but he was attacked by an alligator. Then the tiger and alligator just stared at each other for a few seconds and each turned away and ran off.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 11:43:52 AM PST
FsuSwatt says:
do you ever get a bow for free? or is the one that is for like $900 the only bow to buy in the first island? worth it?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 11:47:36 AM PST
Nope, never. It will also cost you $900 every time you want it and the arrows are $500 a pop.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 11:49:34 AM PST
FsuSwatt says:
jeasus $500? can you craft them at all? or just the fire/explosive ones?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 11:50:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 31, 2012 11:51:00 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
You'll get it for free after a few Radio Towers/hunting missions.

I never really used it, outside of getting the achievement and messing around with explosive arrows for a bit, prefered the Sniper Rifles myself.

And yeah, there is one one bow.

edit: Don't listen to Mogwai =p
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  Dec 28, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions