Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Reggie hopeful that GTA V will arrive on Wii-U

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 9:31:24 AM PST
Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has spoken out about his hopes for seeing Grand Theft Auto V arrive on the Wii U.

Though Rockstar's game is currently only slated for release on Xbox 360 and PS3 in Spring 2013, Fils-Aime revealed to MTV the he believes there's every chance the game will come to Nintendo's console.

"The folks there have said very nice public comments about the Wii U," he explained.

"In the end, it is Nintendo's responsibility to have a large installed base, to have development tools that help the developers and publishers create great content, and essentially create an environment where teams like Rockstar can bring their very best content to our platform, and if we do that hopefully the very best content throughout the entire industry will show up on Wii U."

When we recently interviewed Rockstar vice president Dan Houser, he revealed that the company hadn't made any firm decisions about other potential platforms, but wouldn't rule anything out.

"Everything else is up for consideration," Houser revealed. "That's all I can give you. The main thing is we are not... we are a third-party publisher. We're not Nintendo, we're not Sony, we're not Microsoft. We love all of them in different ways. But we can do what we want wherever there's the appropriate business opportunity and chance to find a market."

We've already had a muse about whether the game would be coming to PC, and came to the conclusion that it likely will though not for a some time after its console debut.

Last week was IGN's GTA V week, where we offered a massive blowout of information about the upcoming game. So whether you're looking for how the title changes the rules for open world games, want to meet the new faces or just rediscover Los Santos, make sure you have a look at all our articles.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/19/nintendo-us-boss-hopeful-of-gta-v-on-wii-u

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll see how this plays out but interesting that Reggie is openly talking about what games Nintendo wants to get on the Wii-U. This wouldn't be the first time a GTA title has appeared on a Nintendo platform but this would be the first major release to hit a Nintendo platform... if Rockstar decides to bring it over.

Personally I'm still wondering where the hell the PC announcement is.

Thoughts?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:33:45 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - Nintendo DS did some pretty cool things with the DS touch screen. I'd like to see what R* could do with the Wii-Pad

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:37:43 AM PST
I actually though Chinatown Wars felt more like a GTA game than Grand Theft 4 did (Niko's story). Some of the touch screen stuff was typical but other things played into the game mechanics very well. I also really enjoyed the drug trafficking system in the game as well. Wasted so much time just moving product all over the city to make some serious cash.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:40:37 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
This is like the only time that I would agree with Reggie.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:41:08 AM PST
Xavier 7 says:
"Personally I'm still wondering where the hell the PC announcement is."

On a torrent site...?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:44:09 AM PST
Nintendo has been doing quite a bit to bring third party developers on board with the Wii-U. I know Miyamoto himself was meeting with developers to discuss what they wanted from their next console and what it would take bring them into the fold. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out over the next year or so and if this efforts are going to pay off.

@ Xavier 7

Kind of hard for something to be on a torrent which doesn't exist.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:00:22 AM PST
Fidel Amaya says:
Keep dreaming Nintendo :P

Seriously though, GTA would be a great gain for the Wii U. Im actually considering getting a Wii U. I really like the Batman: Arkham City Trailer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:27:59 PM PST
Nicos says:
Well, it would probably make Manhunt 3 pretty awesome.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions