Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Vita, you might as well give up now because you have loss the handheld battle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 307 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 21, 2012 8:55:29 PM PDT
Jawwaad says:
After watching the Nintendo Conference which still isn't finished, I see now that you will never be able to compete with Nintendo in handheld gaming. You might be more advance in graphics and specs but you can't compete in the games category which really counts. I'm really starting to regret buying you. Just go ahead and bow out with honor because you have loss the battle.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 8:59:43 PM PDT
Well, Sony has a Gaming Heaven 2 event coming soon...

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 8:59:51 PM PDT
RJMacReady says:
Quitting so soon is not honorable.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:00:02 PM PDT
Tanky John says:
Yeah, the Vita has no kid friendly games that families want to buy their children.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 9:01:27 PM PDT
If they can get the Vita to be more successful than the PSP, that would be a success for Sony, probably.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 9:03:20 PM PDT
1#Fetish says:
Just make a FFVII remake for that thing, problem solved.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:03:42 PM PDT
Jawwaad says:
Yeah, but being a hero and trying to continue the fight but end up being punished isn't a great move either.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:05:17 PM PDT
Jawwaad says:
Yeah Jason, they will show ports of PS3 games.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 9:05:43 PM PDT
Pick 34 says:
I regret buying the thing and am thinking about selling it soon.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 9:09:08 PM PDT
At this point, I can see the 3DS easily outselling the DS within the next few years. As for the 3DS v. Vita, yeah if the Vita hadn't lost already, now it looks like the 3DS will mop the floor.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 9:11:50 PM PDT
Xlea says:
It was over before it even started.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 9:12:13 PM PDT
Well, I am sure the Vita had something to with that 3DS XL with the 4.88 inch top screen and 4.18 inch bottom screen. COme to think of it, the Vita also probably influenced Nintendo to discount eShop games by 20% instead of Sony's 10%. You could argue that the Vita just made things better for 3DS players.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:14:57 PM PDT
Aw man, I feel like such a heel. Thank you Sony!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:15:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2012 9:16:21 PM PDT
Paper Tiger says:
Too bad the 3DS isn't influencing Sony into a Vita price drop like it should. I also think Sony shouldn't call the Vita thing Game Heaven. That's a lame title but I'm still happy with my Vita at least. Shouldn't run out of games...well ever what with PSP games and PS1 classics as the worst case scenario.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:17:23 PM PDT
Pachter says he saw lots of amazing Vita games in development; that's something.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:20:15 PM PDT
Jawwaad says:
Wow, you bought a Vita and are happy with 5-20 year old games? Better person than I am.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 9:23:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2012 9:23:43 PM PDT
I don't know why anyone thought Sony could beat Nintendo in the handheld market anyway. Nobody has beaten Nintendo in that market since the Gameboy came out. Some people are delusional, as most fanthings are. It's not about technology, it's about game library, marketing and price.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:29:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2012 9:32:37 PM PDT
Paper Tiger says:
I said that would be the worst case scenario but in my case I have never played many PS1 classics or PSP games, or any of the games on the Vita except FF X. I'm more excited to play FF X on the Vita than I am about any other RPG but Bravely Default. Luckily, I had also not played the many remakes on the 3DS either (Star Fox, Tales of the Abyss and Ocarina of Time etc). Also, I am not snobby about console ports because in some cases I prefer to play a game on a handheld vs. a console and vice versa.

Edit: That being said I know the 3DS is a better value for most people.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 9:30:54 PM PDT
Bixillarla says:
Yup it's about game library and Nintendo won't have Assassins Creed Liberation come Oct.

I don't care about all the kiddie games that Nintendo has, it is not about quantity but quality for me.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 9:34:14 PM PDT
Actually I've been thinking a lot lately about getting a handheld. At first I thought I might get a Vita when the price drops but it seems Sony is being stupidly stubborn about that. Since sales of the Vita are so slow I wonder if many developers are going to want to bother developing for it in the future. So lately I've been considering a 3DS instead. Already there is a good library of games out (some I would want right away), plus great games coming (like NSMB2), it's cheaper, and will supported well in the future. Now they are coming out with 3DS Big Boy it's getting even more appealing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:34:16 PM PDT
The 3DS has both.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:36:15 PM PDT
Jawwaad says:
The thing with Nintendo is that they don't have to rely on Wii ports or games from past consoles. Although the 3DS started out slow with only a couple of games which 2 or 3 were ports, they're now building their orginal game library at a staggering pace like they did with the DS. Although it's early in the Vita's life, it seems they are focusing more on cross play with PS3 games and bringing they're old library to the Vita. I bought the Vita with expectations of original games. Not ported games. Sony really step their game up soon or the 3DS is going to completely dominate them with no chance of a comeback.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:38:09 PM PDT
I can tell you one thing. I'd rather pay $170 for a handheld with tons of quality games, than $250 (plus a ton more for memory) for a small number of quality games. Those so called kiddie games can be some of the best games as long as people are open minded about it and not elitist.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:38:09 PM PDT
Jawwaad says:
One game? Nintendo will have atleast 10 quality games by then. If you want to pay $250+ for a Vita with one quality game more power to you but i'll be sitting back with loads of quality games on my 3DS

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:38:21 PM PDT
Bixillarla says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  61
Total posts:  307
Initial post:  Jun 21, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions