Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Super Meat Boy sold on Ubuntu store without permission; Team Meat still hasn't been paid over a year later

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2012 11:25:38 PM PST
http://www.formspring.me/EdmundM/q/406945771976419136?utm_medium=social&utm_source=noservice&utm_campaign=shareanswer&_sg=&_sk=

" You said the game was rejected by the UbuntuSC guys, how comes that with the Humble Bundle 7 they claim "We're sorry that Binding of Issac [...] are not available. [...] the authors of Binding of Issac declined to make their game available and we respect"

" they are just trying to save face. they rejected isaac a while ago because its content "wasnt a good fit for the Ubuntu store" then changed their tune once they found out how popular it was and that it was a part of the HIB.

but since they are going out of their way to try and avoid the fact that they rejected isaac, ill also make public the 2nd reason why isaac isnt intheirstore.

Last year Ubuntu added Super Meat Boy to their store without our written permission and sold it for a full year without paying us. we didnt find this out till a few months ago and had to contact them directly about it in order to get our payment.... i dont trust or respect their actions and wont be working with them ever again.

i was trying to be cool about it but if they want to publicly state that i declined their offer to sell Isaac in their store without context to why.. then ill go public with my VERY valid reasons.

feel free to re-post this message or link this to any one who might be misinformed, im not a fan of being made to look like an ass[censored] when my reasons are quite valid.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 11:53:57 PM PST
Well I'm never using that service now because of this.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 5:29:40 AM PST
Wow...that is shady.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 7:51:03 AM PST
Ham Salad says:
Yep, screw Ubuntu.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 8:21:12 AM PST
Ubuntu has always been the ghetto OS, it was only a matter of time before sh/t got stoled....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Whatever Else May Happen, This is Will Always Be the Weekly Gaming Thread for July 25-29, 2016 44 23 seconds ago
OT: Democratic National Convention and the rest of the stink coming out of Philadelphia this week 308 26 seconds ago
Nintendo nx is a portable console with detachable controllers 49 54 seconds ago
OT: Who are you voting for? 0 1 minute ago
More Bad PR For Microsoft. What Caused the Recent Decline of Xbox Hardware Sales? 16 2 minutes ago
OT: Anti-Semitism runs rampant in the Democratic Party as Hank Johnson compares Jews in Israel to "termites" 55 2 minutes ago
The reason why Uncharted 4 flopped 36 2 minutes ago
The Witcher - Leveling 146 2 minutes ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 6564 4 minutes ago
First Battlefield and now Fallout...Fallout Television Show Announced At San Diego Comic Con 7 6 minutes ago
Game Series Besides Gears Of War That Need To End... 18 6 minutes ago
340° Nordic Games announced Darksiders Remastered for Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One at Gamepolis 2016 9 6 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions