Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I know it's months old news about Netflix, but after futher review..

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2012 2:51:16 AM PST
I think I might actually cancel. Losing the History Channel stuff, A&E (<-- I think) and Married with Children at the same timekinda killed it for me Maybe I'll join Prime instead and watch crappy telvision and movies with other benefits.

Were those losses as crushing for any fellow Netflix subscribers?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 3:07:40 AM PST
Smarty says:
It seems every movie I search for, no matter how old, is never available. Every few months I subscribe for a month and marathon watch a new season of a tv show that I have yet to watch. I was never overly impressed with their selection but it has gotten a lot worse. I already have prime, I just don't like the interface on my bluray player.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 3:12:29 AM PST
Nicos says:
Not those, but yeah. So many movies I wanted to watch and then they go away. Honestly, even though I have like 300 movies in my queue, it is hard for me to suggest the streaming service to anyone anymore.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 4:03:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 4:04:19 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
I always find plenty. Thanks to Netflix I got to see shows like Firefly, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Breaking Bad and Lost. I'm hoping to start Fringe or Battlestar Galactica soon. My boys are loving the original Power Rangers ;)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:05:29 AM PST
Cyaneed says:
I love streaming on Netflix . Like Kin-foot, I would never had seen Firefly,Sherlock, Lost, or MI-5 . Star Trek marathons !!!!! :)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:15:44 AM PST
klopas says:
I would have never watched Breaking Bad or Mad Men had they not been on Netflix. Now I watch every season as they are released on AMC. Haven't watched the Firefly series, but I have watched the movie which I sorta liked. I will watch the series eventually.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:19:15 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I didn't notice those losses but I was a bit disappointed that they took Dexter off before I could catch up a little more.

Still plenty on there and I'm looking forward to the new Arrested Development season and movie next year.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:19:50 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Nope. My queue is still over 400 items. Maybe once I'm below 100 it'll be worth cancelling. But netflix is still better (for me) and cheaper than cable.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:35:39 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
There's always a ton of stuff to watch in my queue, so even if I lose something its not a big deal. For instance right now I'm alternating between episodes of Archer, Louie, the X-Files, and the Larry Sanders Show.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:47:20 AM PST
I love Netflix, especially at $7.99 a month. The Walking Dead, Inspector Lewis, Sherlock, A Touch of Frost, Firefly, Doctor Who, X-Files, Miss Marple, Doc Martin, Mad Men, Archer... the list of good TV series goes on and on. Plus I've seen foreign language TV shows that I would never have discovered otherwise. It's also a treasure trove of old movies (and some terrible indie movies, too). It's true that it's better to browse than to search for titles because there is a lot they don't have.

Some movies and shows are only up for a limited time, but they don't give you adequate warning about that. So periodically I check my queue from a PC to see upcoming expiration dates.

My only real hate is when a show ends. I pay attention to end credits, and hate that they are relegated to a tiny third of the screen. You can magnify that section but by then the first names on the credits have already passed. And if it's a series, it will automatically start the next episode, often before the credits have finished running.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:52:00 AM PST
Voice of god says:
"It seems every movie I search for, no matter how old, is never available."

Well there's your problem. You're using it wrong. You don't search for movies on Netflix. You browse, and if you stumble across something interesting, you throw it in your queue.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:06:35 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Netflix still has all of my shows and add new episodes. They have a insane selection of TV shows available.

For 8 bucks a month, it's too good to pass up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:08:04 AM PST
Shanghaied says:
Bah, it seems like Prime is getting better all the time and Netflix is getting worse.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:22:06 AM PST
Thanks for the input guys. I can't say I completely disagree with anybody.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:23:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 7:24:14 AM PST
SMH says:
I can't remember the last time I used my Netflix as I'm caught up enough on all of my shows to just watch On Demand. We just keep it for the kids now since it seems to still have a pretty good selection of shows/movies for them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:26:15 AM PST
I've heard others say they keep it for the kids. It does have a wide variety of kids shows aimed at all age groups. My kids use it around twice a week.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:44:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 7:44:33 AM PST
Mel says:
Netflix streaming is awesome, I will never have time to watch all of the good stuff between it and Hulu

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:51:26 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
Breaking Bad being on there is makin it worth my subsricption big time.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:07:27 AM PST
R. Garrelts says:
There's a lot of holes in Netflix's streaming lineup but I still think it's worth it. Managed to watch (and catch up) Dexter before it was pulled and a bunch of other shows - Sarah Connor Chronicles, Married with Children, though sadly now gone. Still enjoy catching old episodes of The Next Generation and Frasier.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:35:26 AM PST
The prime tv shows are terrible.
I really like Netflix. Iv watched a ton of shows that I absolutely love.
Now watching rescue me, amazing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:59:20 AM PST
Xavier 7 says:
+1.

I've never understood all the whining surrounding Netflix's streaming service. It's $8 a month for crying out loud.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 10:21:55 AM PST
This thread is not about Netflix vs. Amazon Streaming, *but* the other night I rented my first Amazon streaming movie and paid $1 extra for the HD version. 15 minutes in the movie started having buffering problem and then a pop-up recommended switching to SD for the remainder of the movie. Super annoying, and I never have buffering issues with Netflix.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 11:14:20 AM PST
D says:
It's got decent sci-fi shows, if not for that I'd dump it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:08:49 PM PST
The "whining" is because it's lost over half of its quality in the last couple of years. I know new subscribers don't realize it, but you used to be able to watch movies on there produced within the last 5 years.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:31:43 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
I like Netflix. I've been getting into anime a little bit since I got it.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
whos gonna be playing the last of us definitive edition 23 52 seconds ago
Nvidia Shield family grows bigger: Shield Tablet and Wifi Direct Controller 7 1 minute ago
I hope Wolfenstein: The New Order is the start of a sea change for first person shooters 141 2 minutes ago
OT: Guillotine, firing squads better than lethal injection, says prominent federal judge 154 5 minutes ago
Worst PS4/XOne/Wii U game you've played thus far? 43 6 minutes ago
Badger's Free Steam Game Giveaway! Just answer one question 42 7 minutes ago
MIA*˛ 2770 9 minutes ago
Weekend Gaming 7/25 - 7/27 77 16 minutes ago
OT: Surgeons remove 232 teeth from Indian teenager 27 24 minutes ago
What are some of your favorite powerups in video games?? 14 24 minutes ago
OT: Gaming on a projector 10 28 minutes ago
With MK8 codes expiring soon 0 29 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions