Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Talking during the trailers in a theater

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 45 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 8:49:56 AM PST
Ice King says:
We all know that people who talk during a movie should be shot, but what do you think about people who talk during the trailers?
I think they're almost as bad. Plus, most of them are the same people who talk during the rest of the movie, only they do it louder during the trailers.

Of course, I'm someone who thinks the moment you enter a theater you shut up and do anything in your power to make as little noise as possible.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:50:12 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2012 1:43:09 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:50:49 AM PST
I don't mind this as much, just shut up during the movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:51:59 AM PST
FOGE says:
Eh, dont care about trailers. If you like it so much, go see the real movie. Plus sometimes its fun to make fun of the crappy movie trailers.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:53:07 AM PST
I don't care as much during the trailers. There are often people still getting their snacks and whatnot. People are still moving and getting settled so it's not so bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:53:09 AM PST
WesCyde says:
Wow!! Stereotype much

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:53:23 AM PST
Kirksnowsion says:
I think talking during trailers is fair game. I usually go with the talk-between-trailers route, but it's not a big deal to me if someone is talking during. It's just commercials. *shrugs* During the movie, though, that's a capital offense.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:54:13 AM PST
Any unnecessary conversation once the lights dim should be legal ground for the rest of the people to beat the crap out of the offenders.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:09:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 9:09:45 AM PST
Had a guy in front of me answer his cell phone and begin talking like he was standing outside once during the trailers. Then again when the movie was playing.

I raged.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:11:54 AM PST
Marvelous says:
it's definitely annoying when people are talking. I get a good look at who's talking, if it's someone I can size up I never hesitate to ask them... Ahem, I mean tell them to be quiet. If it looks like someone that could possibly ruin my movie experience by being kicked out the theatre, I bite the bullet.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:12:58 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I think whispering between trailers is okay, but only to say that a movie looks cool or to quickly make fun of it if it looks bad. And obviously only to the person/people you came with.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:14:08 AM PST
If there's a possibility of the latter, I'll usually just get management involved. Only had to do it once, but then I got to enjoy my movie.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:21:32 AM PST
There should be buttons on the sides of each movie chair, like on airplanes, that allows you to rat out your fellow movie goer in total anonymity (thats a word now).
Or a little touch screen with the layout of the theatre and you click on the noisy seat

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:43:28 AM PST
As long as you beat him quietly, I'm trying to watch a movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:44:35 AM PST
I forget, do the trailers become before or after the PSA about turning off your phones?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:54:37 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
I always talk to my date or friend during the previews. Never during the movie.

Your assumption is wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:05:24 AM PST
WesCyde says:
This would be awesome especially the screen layout and click on the noisy seat, if a percentage of the theatre clicks on that person kind of like (ask the audience) they are done

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:11:10 AM PST
I've seen it both ways actually. Usually when trailers play at my local theaters it's after they've dimmed the lights.

Though, they do play that "pre-show" stuff with a few trailers in it as well.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:26:13 AM PST
i was @ a movie in NM and this lady answered her non-silenced cell phone and proceeded to have a full convo for about 5 mins during the movie....i was shocked, in any other state (or city) she probably would've gotten beat up but all she got was a few dirty looks....sad thing is she was right in front of me...the good thing is it was Avatar and my wife made me go watch it

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:58:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 12:59:15 PM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
Lately I've noticed that the previews run with the lights still up a bit, and before the warning about shutting your damn mouth and silencing your annoying phone comes up. So if someone is gabbing on during a preview, I still find it annoying, but it is not the same as during a movie. In between the trailers is the perfect time to quip about your thoughts of what you just saw - I think everyone does this from time to time, at a reasonable volume, of course.

Honestly though - groups of young kids that jabber on and on...that is worthy of a most heinous rip and run with no remorse. If you affect my perspective of Daniel Day-Lewis' performance in upcoming "Lincoln" in any way, you better be packin heat cuz yo a s s is grass...

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:59:14 PM PST
I think talking is more acceptable during the trailers. If you talk quietly, so that people in other rows can't hear you, it's fine during the trailers.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:30:29 PM PST
Talking during the trailers is totally acceptable. They're commercials.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:33:14 PM PST
and can easily be watched again, for free as soon as you leave the theater. So if someone talked through it you can always watch it again later to catch what you missed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:33:55 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 5, 2012 1:49:19 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:37:11 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2012 1:45:22 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  45
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions