Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Confirmed: You can play Wii U at work, school or in the operating room. No TV needed

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 92 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 10, 2012 1:03:46 PM PST
Gameresq says:
Doug, you need to be respectful of the ladies. You can say whatever you like to the rest of us, but please show some respect to the ladies.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:28:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 9:41:05 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:23:30 PM PST
I will have money someday too. That doesn't mean I have to brag online about how much electronics I have. Go play a game if you like them so much. I'm still trying to play New Super Mario Bros Wii, from 2009. Yes, that's how far behind in gaming I am. I haven't finished a single Angry Birds. I buy the games, but I spend too much time watching TV and messing around on the internet.

Go back to your competitive online gaming where you spend the night alone playing with 12 year olds.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:22:29 PM PST
lol...why would I want any one to feel sorry for me? Im not a liberal

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:21:14 PM PST
did I ever state you should care? I merely pointed out the fact the benefits of having a Ethernet connection. but if it makes you feel better, I care and why I am expressing my opinion much like you are.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:19:23 PM PST
I hope your intention here is to make us all feel sorry for you. If so, mission accomplished.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:18:19 PM PST
I don't care if it doesn't have Ethernet. I have one qualification, does it play Nintendo games in HD? That's enough. What are you comparing too? Nothing else can do this. Your PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox 8, nothing else can play Nintendo games in HD.

An Android phone, a 3DS, and Wii U are all I need for gaming. To tell the truth, I don't even have time for one of those things. I just buy the games and hope to play them someday.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:16:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 9:18:46 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:14:04 PM PST
Women need more than money, they need attention, companionship, protection, and bat shet crazy medicine, but I don't know where to get that last one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:12:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 9:13:07 PM PST
pwned twice? LOL. all because I merely pointed out the fact the benefits and that it should have a Ethernet connection is getting pwned?...LMAO!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:10:30 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:07:40 PM PST
I see why your wife divorced you.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:05:48 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
This is a good thread because Doug got pwned twice so far, which isn't too hard to do because he practically does it to himself.

The lack of an ethernet port is not a big deal. If I buy a Wii-U someday I'll just buy an adapter because I prefer wired to wireless (more reliable connection and faster). That $10-20 isn't exactly a massive extra cost. I certainly wouldn't rule out a Wii-U based on something so minor.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:55:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 8:58:27 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:49:52 PM PST
Is it okay that you're a needlessly defensive tech glutton? Sure, it's fine by me, since I don't have to live with you. I'm sure cuddling with your four PS3s keeps you warm at night.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:24:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 8:26:20 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:21:29 PM PST
You have four PS3 systems in one house. Umm...why?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:20:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 8:22:32 PM PST
lol..of course I could buy one if I wanted it to. Money is not the issue here...lol

I have 5 PS3 (4 at my house and 1 at my kids moms house), 2 Xbx 360 (one at my house and the other at my kids moms house), two PSP, Two PSV and I also have *only 1* WiiU Deluxe preorder. Again money is not the issue...just pointing out that there some lag involved playing online with Wifi vs playing with someone who has a very good Ethernet connection that its almost unfair. Wifi is no good to play if you want to have fun but play competitively.

So Its about charging people and not including it you know like the the PS3 had both Ethernet and Wifi. I can chose to use either the Wifi or Ethernet depending where my gaming system is located. I have my Xbx and [main] PS3 hook up to the modem via Ethernet. My WiiU will be next to the modem, then why would I want it hook up via Wifi?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:54:27 PM PST
Get some friends and play locally. You online people ruin it for the rest of us. I can't go play a game online, because the people who play online are too good at it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:52:01 PM PST
You do have that choice, right after you buy a $10 USB adapter.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:47:44 PM PST
If you can be bothered to run a new Ethernet cable for this thing, you can buy a $10 usb adapter.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:46:48 PM PST
That's what a 3DS is for. You don't really need both.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:44:28 PM PST
Almost everyone has a WiFi router. How else do you connect your laptops, cell phones, kindle fires, and everything else? Go buy a darn router already.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:43:03 PM PST
What do your kids have to do with it? You could still play it yourself, and then let your kids play when they get off probation. Why let your kids punish yourself?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:40:46 PM PST
That's the same as the Wii, why would it surprise you? It's not a fail, I wouldn't want to use an Ethernet port anyways.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Dark Souls III Community Help Thread - **Expect Spoilers** 2748 3 minutes ago
OT: Do you conceal carry? 72 25 minutes ago
Weekend gaming 05/27 - 05/29: Obama is the first sitting U.S. president to visit Hiroshima, city destroyed by atomic bomb, gets confused and accidentally visits Wii U R&D section of Nintendo HQ. Says about gaff, "Well, it looks like it was destroyed too." 132 27 minutes ago
Bought Uncharted 4.... 25 31 minutes ago
Microsoft has been conning Windows users for two months 3 42 minutes ago
Why cant PS3 fans admit the 360 has a bigger, higher scoring game library? 8238 45 minutes ago
OT: X Men Appoloclypse is sexist 0 56 minutes ago
OT: Dish Network or DirecTV - Which do you prefer? 16 1 hour ago
Amazon Customers Are Furious Over the Site's New Refund Policy 2 1 hour ago
Overwatch Master List 75 1 hour ago
More troubling news for Microsoft as Xbox Scorpio way way way more powerful than PS4 Kneeo 25 1 hour ago
12 Games in 12 Months 2016-2017 edition 148 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  92
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions