Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Best Prize You've Ever Won ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 55 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 13, 2012 9:41:59 PM PST
I went to the Eagles game last night, while the game was awful, tickets n food were free and i won a raffle for an autographed football, signed by Cullin Jenkins, not my fav player but still was cool to win. However, i think the best prize ive won was one of those scooters that were cool like 10 years ago, i won it on one of those spinning wheels at the board walk, cost me $1 n won on the first try. How about you guys?

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 9:43:37 PM PST
$20 on a lottery ticket. I don't have much good luck.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 9:46:29 PM PST
Free dinner for two at a local restaurant.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 9:47:12 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Kool Moe Dee's tape Wild Wild West.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 9:48:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 9:52:45 PM PST
Biohazard says:
My brother and I won a trip to Sea World when we were real young, 2 stuffed animals (a Lion and a Killer Whale), and a Huffy bike. This was all from the same shopping store drawing. It was pretty sweet!

Then there was the one time my name was in a I think it was Game Informer or one of those older magazines and I won some swag. That was pretty cool as well.

I have really extraordinary luck though I've found like over $200 on the ground just biking/walking around town in the last few years.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 10:17:52 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
You don't have much luck Bear? I've never won anything. I've filled out so many contest surveys for Gamestop and many other places but never win.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 10:20:24 PM PST
KrisCo says:
I won a cooler/radio combo thing in middle school...And I won a DeWalt tool kit from work.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 10:23:12 PM PST
I won a spanky for jerking it 12 times in one day, 15 if you count ghost loads.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 10:24:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 10:24:59 PM PST
Well considering that $20 is about the only thing I've ever one and I'm in my mid 40s, I'd say my track record is pretty bad. It's not like I play the lottery much, but I do enter the contests on XBL and other places where they don't want my life history and SS number to enter, but I don't ever win. I think people just don't want to give prizes to bears.

Maybe now that I'm whining about it I'll win that 60 inch Vizio LED TV I entered to win on an XBL contest I saw sponsored by T-Mobile. That would rock!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 10:25:02 PM PST
KrisCo says:
Shut up other steve...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 10:33:25 PM PST
You think you're so great... with your trophy...

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 11:04:49 PM PST
Nicos says:
some gummi bears :/

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 11:09:26 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Were they chocolate covered?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 11:13:48 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:52 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 4:15:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 4:15:34 AM PST
Voice of god says:
I won a TV/VCR in a drawing at a grocery store when I was a kid, but I had to split it with my sister. My parents said that it was from an entry that had both me and my sister's names on it, but I think they were feeding us a line of bull so we would have to share. We both filled out slips that had just one name on them.

Still, pretty cool prize until my sister got her period and smashed the irreplaceable remote.

That's why I don't share things with her anymore.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 4:36:10 AM PST
I've never won anything before, in life or in games. My luck is among the worst in the world, while my friends is the opposite. For Example:

We were playing a game where you had to get an item for a quest to increase your maximum inventory space. The item is rare and lots of folks farm the mobs but they spawn quickly. I spent 10 hours farming for it. He came over and killed ONE mob. He got it.

This happens with alarming frequency... sometimes pisses me off.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 4:45:51 AM PST
It won't let me post the word "blow((job))."

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 4:50:57 AM PST
User says:
A locutus of borg diorama from blockbuster way back when. Not really a prize, but i was chosen to be knighted in middle school for being smart/helpful. Even though it was meaningless, they used a real sword and I'm a huge nerd, so i liked it.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 4:56:23 AM PST
klopas says:
Back in middle school I won this sweet boom box in a raffle in the school auditorium. I was the envy of all as I carried it over my shoulder between classes jamming sweet R&B tunes like SWV and R. Kelly. I was awesome!

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:27:40 AM PST
G-Love says:
I typically don't win much, but one day when I was coming home from work, I was stuck in a lot of traffic. I was getting annoyed and started to go through my favorite radio stations to try and pass the time. One started talking about winning tickets to see Cake perform on New Years Eve at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. I thought what the heck, why not, and dialed the number. Sure enough, the DJ answers the phone! I was definitely one of THOSE people who asks "DID I REALLY WIN?!?!" It was a great concert too!

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:28:37 AM PST
I won a $200 AmEx gift card in a random drawing once.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:29:48 AM PST
When EQ2 came out Sony was holding some big sweepstakes to promote it. I sent in one application and won this $200 camera. I used the hell out of that thing for years until I trashed it at the Sand Dunes in Colorado.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:31:14 AM PST
I won a visa to come to the US.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:44:30 AM PST
last year at our company xmas party i won a 40 in LED tv, everybody was mad because i was only working here for 3 months at the time.

this year the tv was a 47in 3D tv, and i only won a $100 gift card...first world problems.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:47:27 AM PST
pyroguy says:
$40 from a scratch-off lotto ticket some years back
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  55
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions