Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Deus Ex movie is already doomed

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2012 1:24:12 PM PST
Kin-foot says:
'Sinister' director to helm adaptation of videogame 'Deus Ex: Human Revolution'
by Adam B. Vary

Could the videogame movie be making a comeback?

Director Scott Derrickson (Sinister, The Exorcism of Emily Rose) has signed up to helm a feature film adaptation of the 2011 videogame Deus Ex: Human Revolution, CBS Films announced Thursday. He will also pen the script with Sinister screenwriter C. Robert Cargill.

The Square Enix game a prequel to 2000s Deus Ex, and 2003s Deus Ex: Invisible War follows Adam Jensen, a security chief at a huge multinational corporation whose body is augmented with cybernetic improvements after a brutal attack.

"Deus Ex is a phenomenal cyberpunk game with soul and intelligence," Derrickson said in a statement. "By combining amazing action and tension with big, philosophical ideas, Deus Ex is smart, ballsy, and will make one hell of a movie."

The announcement follows news that Tom Hardy has signed onto a feature film version of the popular Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell game franchise, and that the movie version of Assassin's Creed starring Michael Fassbender had landed a production company. All of these projects are still several steps away from making it into production, but with the game-themed animated film Wreck-It Ralph already passing $100 million at the domestic box office, the future of the videogame movie is looking brighter than it has in ages.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 1:24:58 PM PST
JWK says:
If there was a 3D version of the movie plan, you can say it was d00m3d.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:18:25 PM PST
Soulshine says:
Deuce Ex look too much like Wesker!

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:21:30 PM PST
N. Berryman says:
Hopefully they wont take one of my beloved games and make Mark Walberg the star.... oh wait.... =[

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:09:48 PM PST
Meatwad says:
I loved Sinister but how are the hell are Derrickson and Carlyle going to make this into a movie?

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:12:19 PM PST
Ham Salad says:
I'm going to be the obligatory nitpicker and point out that Deus Ex isn't a character

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:25:50 PM PST
"I'm going to be the obligatory nitpicker and point out that Deus Ex isn't a character"

Ha ha why do I get the feeling that they'll throw in a character named John Deus or Deus Bob or something. That would be typical popcorn movie schlock.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions