Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Gravity Rush is the best portable game ever.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 123 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 10:59:23 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Yeah, sometimes you do need that stop before you pivot (tap R1, turn, tap again) but if you don't need that second to adjust it's kind of choppy. And I think the touchscreen controls could have worked better if mapped to the rear touchpad. Then you could evade or slide while keeping your thumbs where you want them.

Overall though, the controls work well for such a unique concept.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 10:53:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 5, 2013 11:11:40 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
You get used to swiping to evade, but powersliding pretty much sucks throughout the game due to the tilt controls. I think I'm getting pretty close to the end and overall I really liked it. The story is interesting, Kat is pretty cool (though in typical anime fashion she ends up nekkid in cutscenes for no reason quite a bit), and fallflying is awesome. I wish they could have made fallflying a bit smoother, though, as having to pivot in-air all the time is a bit lame. Combat against some of the later enemies that have a ton of spots to hit is a bit tedious as well. It's a beautiful game, though, and a sadly overlooked new IP.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 10:20:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 5, 2013 10:49:27 AM PST
its fun from what ive played so far. will probably continue this weekend after finishing up my first playthrough of P4G. nothing beats pokemon though.

edit: just noticed this was an old thread.

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 10:17:14 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Hey I just started playing Gravity Rush over the weekend and I think it's great so far. The only thing I hate is swiping the touchscreen to evade or using it to do the powerslide. I'll probably go through the majority of the game just not doing those two things.

But the art style, music, and city are all great, and fallflying around walking upside-down and sideways on things is fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 1:45:54 PM PST
M@sterCh1ef says:
Wow, that's unnecessary.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:47:37 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Out of the 2 vita games I've played I think it's my favorite of that bunch.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:43:54 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Funny you should say that, because I'm certain you have the same exact alert set up for whenever I post. The only time I ever see you post anything on here is when you get all butthurt over one of my comments.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:41:55 AM PST
waxc3 says:
its the best? or its your favorite?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 12:08:10 AM PST
Pokemon!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 11:25:34 PM PST
Nicos says:
actually it is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 11:00:23 AM PST
Admiral55 says:
Do you have an alert in your browser that goes off whenever someone posts something positive about a Sony product?

It's amazing how quick you come a-running to post about games you have no interest in.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:53:40 AM PST
saskamazon says:
I rarely have seen VT4 in retail stores, but when I did, it has always been the full $40 + tax. so this deal works out really well as it saves me memory. must have missed the PSN sale ... or worried about my 8gbs running out. I've tried to mainly put smaller PSN games on it & now PS All Stars too.

generally, I wouldn't claim to be a sports genre fan either - but have found I really enjoyed the 3D Golf game, some basketball / bowling Wii. really glad to finally get this one.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:51:56 AM PST
donnie, you really just need to wake up to the fact that some people like Sony games and their Vitas. You may not have "insulted" the OP directly, but your comment really wasn't necessary.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:48:01 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Or it wasn't either of those things and your devotion to Sony has warped your perception of reality.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:46:40 AM PST
Kasmatsu says:
During the Olympics this summer PSN had a sale on sports games. Virtua Tennis and Hot Shots Golf were both about $18. I've never seen a physical copy in a store near me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:41:19 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
$45 yikes! I got it for $30 in the launch period. It has a bit of a learning curve but gets addicting really fast. I hate sports games normally.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:25:38 AM PST
saskamazon says:
thanks for the feedback guys ... so glad to hear it is as good as I was hoping. when I bought the Vita it was 1 of my top picks, but I was afraid that it may fall more into the B range of games & $45 seemed too much of a gamble ... but while shopping for gifts yesterday, I stumbled upon 2 copies on sale for $20, & at that price, I couldn't say no ... I do like tennis a fair bit, so this mught be a really good pick for me ... hope I can get through my career ... I assume there are difficulty settings.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:25:31 AM PST
Well I just started playing this on my lunch break and I really enjoy the artwork and music. I will come back and post after I have played for a few hours.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:18:43 AM PST
Admiral55 says:
It was either a backhanded insult to the poster himself, or what he posted. Take your pick.

Either way, bravo. Mission accomplished, donnie.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:13:49 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
It also helps if you love tennis lol. I was so addicted to that game during the launch period!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:05:21 AM PST
Kasmatsu says:
It is very easy to pick up and play. It follows Sega's arcade legacy... easy to play, hard to stop playing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:43:44 AM PST
saskamazon says:
sounds like an interesting way of keeping things fresh ... is it pretty easy to get the hang of ? my only basis of experience is Mario Tennis / Wii Resort ... I'm hoping I can manage to have some skill on a portable with the game ...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:38:47 AM PST
And, as great as it might be...the title of "best portable game ever" belongs to War of the Lions. Though Persona 4 is coming close for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:37:25 AM PST
Interesting. I had the same experience, for the opposite reason. That is, I got about an hour in and lost interest. I 100% agree about the flying mechanic being fun, but too tedious to control and have it be fun. But the ONLY reason I was remotely interested was because of the story. The gameplay (see above re: flying mechanic) is what offset any interest in moving forward, for me.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 9:28:13 AM PST
Soulshine says:
[runs out of sugar cane field buck naked swinging 2 machetes screaming VITAAHHAYIEAHYAYAYAYAYAYE!!!]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  123
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions