Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Woman fired for racist FB post targeting Obama

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 65 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 11, 2012 5:30:37 AM PST
She should've watched this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEQOvyGbBtY

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 11:23:18 AM PST
What an idiot. I hope she is not allowed to pollute the gene pool.

Like it or not, your employers do check your social media and your credit history. I don't think it's right, but neither is being a huge racist idiot.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 11:20:07 AM PST
AndrewA says:
My favorite was a story on here awhile ago about a woman who friended a coworker and logged all her time on facebook at work through the chat feature, and got the other woman in a bunch of trouble. No one seemed to care how much work time she wasted on Facebook to catch the other woman tho.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 11:02:20 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Pretty much. I want to leave work behind when I leave work behind. I don't want it following me home and watching me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:51:02 AM PST
AndrewA says:
Well, it's easy to say no. And if they won't hire you because they can't see your facebook page, do you really want to work for them anyways?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:36:11 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Several shades beyond out of line.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:34:42 AM PST
Anthony says:
i've heard of some companies demanding passwords to your facebook accounts before. that is WAY out of line.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:33:56 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Yeah, I keep my account private anyway. I don't even friend co-workers if I can help it. I've got people from other departments friended, but I won't friend people directly on my team and department.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:32:15 AM PST
Anthony says:
it wouldn't actually be a lie in my case, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:31:29 AM PST
Anthony says:
that's why you should put your accounts under private. it is complete bs that jobs do it, but i don't see it changing anytime soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:16:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 10:55:12 AM PST
You know what Guest...Forget my example...Put it right out o your head!!!...My original point being that I doubt that this individual...was any kind 0 dissident and quite possibly oblivious to the consequences of her actions!!!...It could happen to anybody!!! Even YOU or ME!!!

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 10:13:18 AM PST
Stupid woman is stupid.

However I do take some issues with this Jezebel website digging up information on these kids and teenagers who said something bad about the President (called him the N word oh no) and are now having their information posted, schools contacted, and more. I'm not exactly sure who decided to take it upon themselves to parent these kids (when you click on the person's name who wrote the article they don't have a profile) but there is something a little creepy about seeing where these kids go to school and such. I don't think it is the school's place to punish these kids or raise them because they said the N word on Twitter or Facebook. At some point you need to grow a thicker skin, turn the other cheek, and just realize that some people are going to suck in the world no matter how much you fight it.

At least at the end of the day I'm not trying to publicly shame and humiliate kids.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:12:15 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Yup, yup, and yup.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:08:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 10:09:37 AM PST
Republicans and many conspiracy theorists have ingrained it into the minds of some people that Obama's a traitor. Listen, I'm not a fan of NDAA, TSA (started under Bush), and the Patriot Act (started under Bush), but that doesn't make me dislike Obama on that level. As far as I'm concerned, he hasn't turned this country into the oppressive police state that some on the right would like you to believe. This woman proves that even the most insane are likely to get away scot-free in the land of the free, home of the brave.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:05:17 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Agreed. Nuttier than a Baby Ruth.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 10:01:53 AM PST
Crazy broad. I bet she thought Bush was an outstanding president.

I'm not huge on Obama or anything, but this is just asinine.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:59:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 10:00:43 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
It's their property. That's the point. Just because you lack a Home Owner's Association to enforce upkeep of the house and yard doesn't mean you suddenly have the right to break in and filch their goods.

Forget the right to bear arms, I think one of the REAL inaliable rights is the right not to have your stuff screwed with without your permission.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:56:58 AM PST
Ooh Really??? What's really ludicrous is that people are allowed by law to abandon their property FOREVER...with no consequences...Just let it deteriorate and bring down property values in the neighborhood!!!...

People's actions affect more than just them!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:56:45 AM PST
Dukeshire says:
But, what if they have really cool stuff? I could use a new TV and easy chair....And I might want to prance around in some lingerie...er, never-mind.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 9:56:04 AM PST
see what funny about freedom of speech is: people always are afraid of the government repressing it, when really its always the "free market" that does haha

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:54:07 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I think it's fairly standard practice for people not to break into other peoples' homes and rummage through their stuff when they're not around.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:51:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 9:54:00 AM PST
Ooh Guest...It must be nice to be Sooo perfect!! And i didn't spell it "ordeinary citiZen"!!! lol

It was just meant as an EXAMPLE of how "things" can get outta hand that a person never bargained for!!! I'm sure a hardened criminal would have known a better way of handling the situation!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:49:42 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I don't think an "ordeinary citiZen" would fathom doing that because it is theft. I don't think they would be surprised when they were arrested for doing so as well.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 9:47:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 9:49:27 AM PST
I don't think a lot of ordinary citiZens even realize the serious consequences of their actions half the time!!! For instance...There's a house down the street that has been abandon by the owner who is living in France.

I think about the furniture and antiques left in that house!!!....Let's say that i should enter the property late one night and attempt to salvage some of those items that i see in the window......I would be chased down by police dogs...bitten on the leg...handcuffed thrown into a police car....accused of trespassing...finger printed and booked like a common criminal....

Unfathomable!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:45:03 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Arguably. If she did it in a Cold Stone Creamery outfit (Did she? I can't watch the vide) I could see the case for it. If she tagged it "Sponsored by cold stone creamery," there'd be a case there. The only correlation is that she's a dirtbag and she happens to work for coldstone, though.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  65
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions