Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

BioWare says farewell to Mass Effect 3 in new Citadel DLC trailer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 4, 2013 9:35:08 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-04-bioware-says-farewell-to-mass-effect-3-in-new-citadel-dlc-trailer

BioWare has unveiled a new trailer for Mass Effect 3: Citadel, the game's final expansion.

Due tomorrow on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 (or Wednesday for EU PS3 players), the game will see Shepard undertake one final mission on the Citadel while on shore leave, before partying with old friends.

A huge cast of returning characters from Mass Effect 1 and 2 will appear, there's a new hub area to explore and a set of mini-games to play with.

Shepard even has a new pad to recharge in - and invite his/her love interest over.

The add-on sees the return of old squadmates such as Wrex, Jack, Zaeed and Samara. Thane's son Kolyat is spotted at one point, Miranda gets a new sexy suit and there's a whole heap of fan service.

"Final Mass Effect trailer handed off... A lot more emotional than I thought," BioWare artist Chase Boyajian wrote on Twitter. "I recommend playing through the DLC to get to the scene where the last song of the trailer is played. Tear jerker."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7RNDkqohBzw

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 9:50:39 AM PST
pyroguy says:
you think there's gonna be a "Mass Effect 4"?

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 10:01:43 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
I wish I didn't watch this trailer. Looks kind of cool actually.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 10:12:08 AM PST
FOGE says:
"Miranda gets a new sexy suit"

Say no more! Take my money!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 10:12:37 AM PST
FOGE says:
There will be but this story arc is done. It will be set in the same universe but with new characters.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 10:12:58 AM PST
DVvM says:
There's going to be another game set in that universe, but it's not going to overlap with the Mass Effect trilogy and they're telling us not to call it Mass Effect 4.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 10:17:11 AM PST
C.W. says:
Sweet. Looks pretty awesome. I'll have to pick this up. I'm hoping they re-release the trilogy on disc with all DLC from 1-3 at some point. Probably won't happen, but I'd love to have a definitive copy before the next generation hits. Heck, I'd even buy a port to the next generation if they did one, just for preservation/longevity's sake.

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 10:18:03 AM PST
This looks really cool. I hear they had all the original VAs come back and do voices so I know it's going to have a lot of character interaction. Should be a worthy send off to a great series.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 10:18:18 AM PST
C.W. says:
I wonder if the main character will still be human or if you'll be able to play a different race. I think it was you that suggested they do something along the lines of DA: Origins, where you can start with one of a different number of races, each with its own backstory. That would be AMAZING.

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 10:20:04 AM PST
Steven says:
I'm going to assume Zaeed either has no new dialogue, or they were able to get dialogue done a while before hand. I can't for the life of me remember the voice actor's name, but he passed away recently.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 10:23:08 AM PST
AndrewA says:
What are we supposed to call it then?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 10:31:22 AM PST
DVvM says:
I assume that they're going to announce a title when it becomes important.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 10:34:05 AM PST
DVvM says:
A while back, Casey Hudson (the Mass Effect honcho) tweeted asking for suggestions about what people wanted to see in the next Mass Effect games. He later tweeted something to the effect that a huge number of people wanted the ability to choose which alien race they play as.

I personally suggested just doing a fully voiced protagonist (of all applicable genders) for the four main Citadel races: Salarians, Asari, Turians, and Humans. That would require hiring six VAs (F Asari, M Salarian, M/F Human, M/F Turian), which seems doable since they're already doing games with two.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 10:35:25 AM PST
DVvM says:
Bioware confirmed that Robin Sachs recorded Zaeed's dialogue before he passed away. Voice work usually gets done relatively early in the process.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 10:35:57 AM PST
"I can't for the life of me remember the voice actor's name, but he passed away recently."

I wasn't aware of that, I really liked his VA :(

Of all the cast of Mass Effect I related best to Mordin and Zaaed, ha ha. I'd watch an entire buddy movie with those two working together.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 10:44:19 AM PST
Steven says:
That's great to hear.

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 10:51:06 AM PST
R. J. Gutt says:
One last DLC ... wow.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 12:37:17 PM PST
pyroguy says:
should be interesting

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013 4:48:29 AM PST
M. Gaudet says:
I thought Shepard dead was the canon ending and Shepard lives was just put in for fans.

They killed the main hero. It would be like making a Star Wars film without Luke Skywalker, wait they tried that too,lol
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Wii U: 2014 Most Wanted? 30 3 minutes ago
Weekend Gaming 7/25 - 7/27 121 3 minutes ago
Why can't I watch youtube videos via my PS4 ? 1 4 minutes ago
OT: Nutzu, why haven't you posted about the 80 year old man who shot the pregnant thief in the back? 186 4 minutes ago
Ori and the Blind Forest is the result of nostalgia and NeoGAF 3 11 minutes ago
I hope Wolfenstein: The New Order is the start of a sea change for first person shooters 175 14 minutes ago
OT: I'm tired of being harassed on this forum 53 16 minutes ago
OT: This is the story, of a lovely thread, with 10,000 very lovely posts. All of them had words of fun, like the last one, the first one with downvotes! 2194 19 minutes ago
psn super hero sale 2 26 minutes ago
The Last of Us: Remastered features higher quality shadows at 30fps than 60fps 22 30 minutes ago
OT: Walmart's Ice Cream Sandwiches Don't Melt In The Sun 13 31 minutes ago
WiiU ID Exchange 213 40 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Mar 4, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions