Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Help my 3DS plan of action. Giving internetz as reward.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 15, 2013 11:26:50 AM PDT
KrisCo says:
Just got a 3DS XL not 20 minutes ago since my DS Lite decided to explode (or something like that). I already am getting Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and thus I will also get either Super Mario 3D Land or Star Fox 64 3D (not sure yet). But I'd like to know people's opinions here on which games you like the best for the system. Honestly I like any type of game.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 11:28:52 AM PDT
Oh boy this is going to be a long post.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 11:29:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2013 11:31:59 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Resident Evil: Revelations
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Mario Kart 7

Upcoming:
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Pokémon X/Y

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 11:32:29 AM PDT
RE: Revelations is a must-play
SSFIV3D is awesome if you like fighters
Professor Layton is great
SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked is also awesome

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 11:34:07 AM PDT
Fire Emblem and Resident Evil Revelations are basically must haves.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 11:44:18 AM PDT
Tom Clancy's Shadow Wars- An underrated launch game that is a turn-based strategy game and some units have really neat special abilities.

Mario Kart 7- my favorite MK game for online racing.

Kid Icarus Uprising- Once you get used to the controls it is an amazing action/combat game.

Fire Emblem Awakening- A very mature and well written strategic RPG that will kick your ass.

Resident Evil Revelations- Resident Evil as a horror game again!

Lots of people are going to focus on retail titles so I am going to switch to eShop stuff.

Virtual Console- Some amazing games like Donkey Kong '94, Punch out!, the first three Mega Man games (4-6 coming soon), Ninja Gaiden trilogy (2-3 coming soon) and Link's Awakening. The Zelda Oracle games are coming this summer.

Crimson Shroud- an RPG that uses old school dice and a well written story.

Mighty Switch Force- A 2D puzzle/platformer with a scantily clad lady cop who apprehends similarly scantily clad prisoners.

Pushmo/Crashmo- 3D puzzle games with a level creator so you can make your own levels and download other peoples' levels.

Dr. Mario Express- One of the best drop puzzlers ever on the go!

Gunman Clive- Only $2 and the best version of this 2D action platformer I have ever seen.

Pop Island Paperfield- A $2 battle racer but controls very well and is fun for short bursts of time.

Liberation Maiden- An aerial combat game with a Japanese cartoon aesthetic. Short but there are achievements for gallery unlockables to encourage multiple playthroughs.

Dark Void Zero- Literally an action/adventure game made with the NES aesthetic in mind. Easily worth $5.

Fractured Soul- Side scrolling action platformer where the top and bottom screens represent different universes and you must shift from one to the other.

Nano Assault ex- Gorgeous shooter that can use twin stick controls with the CPP or face buttons if you prefer.

Kersploosh- a $3 game that is literally about tossing stones into wells. More fun than you'd expect for wasting a few minutes here and there.

Sakura Samurai- a combat game that emphasizes timing. You also have special arts to use in combat, your sword can become dull and the story is actually interesting.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 11:44:22 AM PDT
KrisCo says:
Ok I'll pick up RE: Revelations once Amazon sends me my trade-in money.
Pokemon X is already on my list of day 1 buys.
On the fence about Ocarina of Time as I played that on 64.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 11:48:57 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
I don't have a 3DS yet but the games that are making me save up for one are:
SMT: Devil Survivor overclocked
Tales of Abyss

upcoming
SMT: Soul Hackers
Project X
SMT IV
Pokemon X/Y

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 11:53:46 AM PDT
I thought Crimson Shroud was great; however, suited for a niche audience...and a bit short.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 12:31:05 PM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Tales of the Abyss
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward(Get this on Vita though if you have one)

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 12:43:41 PM PDT
My Faves
Retail-priced games
Mario 3D Land, New Mario Bros 2 (sp), Mario Kart 7 (sp), Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Kid Icarus Uprising (sp), Pilotwings Resort, Crosswords + (sp)

Digital only games
Denpa Men, Mario Picross, Freakyforms (sp), Kirby Pinball Land
(I know a lot of people love Pushmo/Crashmo as well, just haven't had money to buy eShop points recently)

(sp) = has Streetpass

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 12:47:57 PM PDT
Zero says:
You need to consider Fire Emblem Awakening. Amazing game right there.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 12:50:20 PM PDT
Lyrick_ says:
If you pick up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Tuesday and get into it, you may not need to buy another game for the rest of the generation.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 12:54:38 PM PDT
KrisCo says:
I'm considering, never actually played a Fire Emblem game before though. Closest thing would be Advanced Wars.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 12:57:10 PM PDT
Zero says:
Well, I have to say Awakening is the perfect place to start when it comes to getting into Fire Emblem. There is a free demo if you didn't already know on the eShop.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 1:04:12 PM PDT
I'm not sure what kinds of games that you enjoy, but if you miss older FF titles, then you really need to look into a game called Bravely Default. It's not released yet, but there are many of us who are anxiously awaiting it to come out in the US. Also, it doesn't matter if you played OoT on N64, this game still stands high in all-time great releases and being able to play it on the go is a great experience.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 1:08:52 PM PDT
Benpachi says:
Rayman 3D is awesome if you like 3D platformers. It's yet another port of Rayman 2, but it's almost identical to the Dreamcast version.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 1:24:32 PM PDT
My Favorite Retail 3DS Games So Far:

* Fire Emblem: Awakening
* Resident Evil: Revelations
* Super Mario 3D Land
* Zelda OoT
* Rhythm Thief
* Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
* Kid Icarus: Uprising
* Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
* SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked
* Dr. Lautrec & the Forgotten Knights
* Bit.Trip Saga
* Mario Kart 7
* Cave Story 3D (the dl version is also great)

(Still in my retail backlog: Etrian Odyssey IV, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Tales of the Abyss, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Final Fantasy: Theatrythm, Castlevania LoS: Mirror of Fate.)

Some of My Favorite Downloadables:

* Mighty Switch Force
* Mutant Mudds
* Fractured Soul
* Pushmo
* Shantae: Risky's Revenge
* Chronos Twins
* Dark Void Zero
* Mighty Flip Champs
* Cave Story
* Mighty Milky Way
* VVVVVV
* 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure
* 3D Classics: Twinbee
* Kirby's Dream Land
* Kirby's Pinball Land
* SML 1 & 2
* Avenging Spirit
* Catrap
* Gargoyle's Quest

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 4:57:11 AM PDT
Gameresq says:
Ocarina of Time
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Tales of the Abyss
Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Mario Kart 7
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is a good strategy game marred by some awful glitches. If you play it, save often and be prepared for glitches.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 6:15:10 AM PDT
Wow, what were the awful glitches you encountered in GR: SW? I bought it at launch and it's the first game I beat on the 3DS, but I remember only one glitchy issue (the BSoD), which was pretty easy to avoid by just switching off the wireless while playing it. I think they may have fixed that with an update at some point, but I'm not sure, as I haven't played GR: SW since the early days of the 3DS.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 6:21:39 AM PDT
Gameresq says:
I bought it very soon after launch. I had a LOT of problems with the game freezing and crashing, though oddly only during the first 1/2 of the game. I finished it with a perfect 5-star score, but not without enormous frustration.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 6:22:45 AM PDT
Gameresq says:
I did not know to try turning off the wireless, so that may be the key.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 7:12:00 AM PDT
Yeah, I can see how that would have been very frustrating! If you ever replay it and it gives you any trouble, do try turning off the wireless, as that eliminated the problems for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 8:24:16 AM PDT
Gameresq says:
I shall try that, thanks.

Memo to OP: you should read Classic's corrections to my posts. She gives good advice, as she is much smarter than me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 9:20:28 AM PDT
But which of you is cuter?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Mar 15, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions