Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Newest PlayStation Plus Perks Are... ...pretty good, actually.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 114 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 18, 2013 10:03:59 AM PST
Prankster says:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/18/the-newest-playstation-plus-perks-are-2

Today, Sony revealed its set of upcoming perks for PlayStation Plus. The following perks will be available to North American subscribers beginning with the PlayStation Store update on February 19th, and will be available in conjunction with other already-announced deals and freebies.

For starters, the cult hit Platinum Games PS3 title Vanquish will be available for free. Mega Man Maverick Hunter X on PSP will also be available free of charge (and can be downloaded to your Vita). Dust 514's Starter Pack, which typically costs $9.99, will cost nothing for subscribers. And finally, Urban Trial Freestyle on both PS3 and Vita will be 20% off, though the game doesn't, unfortunately, utilize cross-buy.

In Europe, gamers are getting Aliens: Colonial Marines for 20% off if purchased digitally. More perks, specifically for March, are to be announced in Europe soon. In the meantime, PS3 games like Infamous 2 and F1 Race Stars and Vita games like Gravity Rush and Uncharted: Golden Abyss are already free.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hah, Call me Prankstadamus! Vanquish for free, beaches!

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:06:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2013 10:08:46 AM PST
I signed up for PS+ last weekend and I really like turning my machine on and seeing what updated while I slept...love that feature.

Vanquish at no cost? Sweet, wanted to play that anyway.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:06:54 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Pretty nice!

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:07:32 AM PST
Yung says:
Damn Vanquish for free...nice! I always wanted to play that game...good thing I waited. I will have like 3 days to complete it before my PS+ sub expires

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:08:08 AM PST
Nice PS+ releases tomorrow. I've always wanted to play Vanquish and maybe I'll finally give Dust a go.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:09:11 AM PST
Sweet, I kept wanting to play vanquish but other games kept winning out. Now I have to play it.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:09:26 AM PST
Take that, Europeans! Enjoy that crap game for 20% off!!

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:09:35 AM PST
Prankster says:
It's a fantastic game and I am so glad that it's been offered to PS+ members.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:10:17 AM PST
Stupid PS+, you're gonna make me a complete convert!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 10:10:23 AM PST
Prankster says:
Heh, Vanquish was the free game 2 months ago for the Europeans. Doubt they'll feel that badly about it. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 10:11:54 AM PST
Ugghh...does that mean we'll get Aliens:CM next month? By 'get', I mean nodody will.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:13:26 AM PST
saskamazon says:
I thought they might do a Vita game sale - in celebration of the 1 yr. Anniversary - maybe it's still in the works ... I'll snag MM X, good addition, especially for free ... not sure about Vanquish, don't tend to play shooters, other than Super Stardust / Nano Assault types. the robot angle might be cool ...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 10:13:29 AM PST
Prankster says:
Well, if you're lucky, you sure will! :D

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:13:39 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Nice! I heard Vanquish was a great time and here is the perfect chance to try it.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:14:09 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Awesome. Thanquish.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:15:13 AM PST
Can you set up the PS3 to automatically download something for you at a certain time? Or when it's available?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 10:16:34 AM PST
Prankster says:
Well yeah, the automatic update basically downloads all the patches and stuff at a particular time which you can specify. And at that time, whatever else you have kept for downloading also gets downloaded.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 10:17:22 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Mmm. Sometimes?

Depends on the thing, the time, and if you have plus. I think.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:18:03 AM PST
I just wonder if I could tell it to download Vanquish while I sleep so I don't have to wait.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:18:14 AM PST
Vanquish is awesome one of my fav games this gen and air tight gameplay and controls and graphics. The story is kind of comic book campy but an awesome game overall. I already have it but I'm fine with that as I still have lots of PS+ freebies I have yet to play or finish.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 10:20:01 AM PST
I don't think you can queue it up yet from the web, but eventually you'll be able to "purchase" the PS+ item from the web and your PS3 will grab it when it does it's nightly update.

For now, you need to queue it up to download when the store goes live tomorrow afternoon, then it would automatically finish it when PS+ activated at whatever specified time you set.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 10:20:06 AM PST
Prankster says:
Well, you could just go to the store, start the download and switch off the PS3 where it gives you the option to keep it on till the download completes and then switch off.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 10:21:34 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I think you can set the update preferences to include demos and plus stuff, but you can't specify to the level of "when Vanquish is free on Tuesday, go download that." It would be nice if you could.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:27:17 AM PST
If I queue it up now, it's going to try to charge me for it, right? I guess I'll start the download, then switch over and play DS3 on my 360 for awhile, then go back when the download is done.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 10:27:31 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Swank! I've been wanting to play both of those.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  114
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions