Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Worst Band You've Ever Listened To

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 90 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 6:23:18 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 17, 2012 6:47:33 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 6:23:40 PM PST
vishock says:
oh crap, totally agree. i think this thread is over.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 6:26:59 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
Nickelback never bothered me much.

They are just middle of the road, dull, but not offensive.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 6:59:35 PM PST
I gotta disagree with you on that one. I find Trout Mask Replica to be a very interesting, unique, and overall very tuneful masterpiece.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 7:41:52 PM PST
Hey says:
Dachau Blues, those poor Jews...

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 7:46:33 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
The Beatles. Yes I'm trolling just because people love to put them on a pedestal that's so high it's in orbit. I see them as a 60s boy band with some catchy tunes but not something I would want to listen to non stop.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 7:48:16 PM PST
Hey says:
I love how people who see The Beatles as "a 60s boy band" honestly have no idea what they're talking about. I don't think being a boy band is necessarily a bad thing, I'm a HUGE fan of The Monkees but it generally seems that people with this kind of opinion of The Beatles generally have NO idea what they're talking about.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 7:52:51 PM PST
Dave Matthews.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 7:52:53 PM PST
Carlito says:
I'm not Beetles fan but I tend to agree with you on this. I mean, there really isn't that many genre's where the major artists in that genre aren't in some way shape or form influenced by the Beetles whether for any number of musical reasons. Sometimes you have to divorce your liking of a sound/band and realize the impact of that band.

Anyways, Worst Band Ever...toss up ICP or Five Finger

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 7:53:34 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
They were a bunch of cute guys with catchy tunes that the girls swooned over. That's pretty much what a boy band is. Most of their songs were nothing brilliant or ground breaking, especially the early stuff. "I want to hold your hand" sounds like something you would hear in any Backstreet Boys song but somehow some people think BSBs can't even be mentioned in the same sentence with The Beatles.

In any case I was trolling, as I stated, just to get that exact reaction, because I know what Beatles fans are going to say. I don't really think they suck or are the worst band ever, that honor should probably go to some crappy death metal band or something, but opinions are opinions so "don't know what they're talking about" is just an opinion too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 7:59:49 PM PST
Hey says:
HA. The Beatles were "nothing brilliant or ground breaking," huh? Seriously, dude, go LEARN SOME HISTORY. Sheesh! I'm sure you're still trolling with those kinds of comments and I'm biting hook, line, and sinker, but saying those kinds of comments truly show that you have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm not saying you have to enjoy the band. That'd make me a moron, but to try to deny their contributions to music as a whole with some off-handed comments because you've never actually heard anything but what gets played in sneaker commercials makes you not know what you're talking about. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:00:15 PM PST
Ha, 311 was my favorite band in High School.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:01:30 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I'd recommend checking out Beefheart's A&M Sessions recordings. Totally different. More blues-rock. Trout Mask Replica was the result of basically locking the entire band in a house, physically and verbally abusing them and taking a LOT of drugs. Some weird stuff went down with recording that album.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 8:05:06 PM PST
I.Flores says:
Primus sucks

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:06:54 PM PST
Hey says:
I once heard someone describe Primus as "Older brother music," a band you listen to in junior high because your older brother was listening to it. I like some Primus stuff, with Fish On probably being one of my favorite songs, but yeah, as a whole, I gotta gree with you on the Primus.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:06:59 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
Their contributions and influence on music is undeniable, whether they were brilliant or not is a matter of opinion. Popularity does not necessarily equal brilliance. "You don't know what you're talking about" just comes off sounding like a music snob, especially considering that tastes in music is all opinion. You have no idea whether I have extensively listened to their songs, heard them now and then on the radio, or just heard them in a commercial so I'll just throw that line away as a lame attempt at insulting me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:08:56 PM PST
I.Flores says:
You don't know what you're agreeing with me on, bud.
"Primus sucks" doesn't exactly means that :)

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 8:09:48 PM PST
Cinema Fan says:
I dig the Beatles when I'm drunk. Whcih happens to be right now.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 8:10:44 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
Flores, let's start a VGF band, then we can be voted as the worst band ever!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:11:48 PM PST
I.Flores says:
M'kay! I'll play the tambourine.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:12:47 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
I'll play the accordion. I want it to have that Weird Al vibe.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:13:24 PM PST
I need more cowbell!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:15:25 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
OK you can join and play cowbell. We can do a B-52s thing too. Do you know the words to Rock Lobster?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:18:34 PM PST
Hey says:
I know you don't do that stuff because of your dismissive attitude of the contributions. Calling them nothing more than a "60s Boy Band" is straight up proof of your ignorance. Next you'll tell me Nintendo wasn't that big of a deal back in the 80s, right?

Like I said in the post you responded to, I'm not telling you that you have to enjoy the band. You CAN read, right? The Beatles are the most important force in the history of popular music though. It's not my opinion, it's AN UNDENIABLE FACT. I'm not a proponent of "popularity = brilliance" in the least, either. Do you know who generally makes that argument? Ignorant fools who can't actually make any sort of other argument because they've never actually listened to a Beatles album. That's right, an album. Back in their day, albums were designed to be listened to as a whole. The songs work individually, but far better as a whole package. iTunes it weren't and I think that's your biggest problem. Just like playing a Playchoice-10 version of Super Mario Bros doesn't give you the whole experience, a single song off an album doesn't give you the whole experience.

How about their inventiveness in the studio, playing around with devices and sound manipulation? Sure, they weren't Brian Wilson level, but clever nonetheless. LISTEN to what they've actually done on the albums from a technical (not playing ability technical, mind you) and you'll understand. Oh, probably not, because just like Super Mario Bros can only move left to right, The Beatles' records sound dated and hackneyed, right?

Go ahead, dislike listening to them all you want, I won't try to take that away from you but that's not what you were arguing about earlier.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:19:16 PM PST
Hey says:
Oh drat, sorry. I guess I missed it. :'(
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  90
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions