Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

So a question about Persona 4...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 131 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 2:39:35 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
Same here, I think I only watched the first 3-4 episodes.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:39:59 PM PST
Thank you for the tip on P3, it's 10$ on the PSN i think i'll pick that up before buying p4

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:42:04 PM PST
Kin-foot says:
Anime makes me cringe but I really loved P3P. I would play P4 in a heartbeat if I had a Vita. If I had one complaint it would be it can be a pretty grindy game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 2:42:12 PM PST
My advice:

Buy that shit, son! Or girl.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 2:42:26 PM PST
Aku says:
Good job. I suggest that you stick with it for a while, because at first it's going to look like you're being pulled on a leash and have a very strict schedule, but the game will open up and let you develop the MC as you choose.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:48:46 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
haha, HS of the Dead. I didn't know about the crazy fan service in it and watched it in the family room and wife did a double take and gave me that look. I was like "...er what? Its a zombie show" *panties shots showing on screen* "I swear its about zombies!!"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 2:51:03 PM PST
Lol. I can only imagine.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:03:49 PM PST
I like some animes, but any that rely on fan service get kicked out immediately.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:05:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 3:08:40 PM PST
The characters in part 4 are for the most part country folk, but aren't complete rubes. The core group is a transfer student (exactly like 3), a very traditional and classy young lady whose parents run a inn popular with tourists, a boisterous tomboy, and a dude whose father runs the local Junes (Walmart) that is killing the mom and pop stores.

The later additions to your squad become much less mundane. I won't spoil them for you, but they're definitely not your normal rural children.

Edit: High School of the Dead is ridiculous. I think it must be a parody of fan service because there's no way it's so unintentionally awful.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:13:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 3:14:44 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
YOu won't be left with many anime series then cause most shows these days has a crazy amount of fan service, like Needless and I think its call Soul Eaters? Even Guren Laggan which is an awesome show but its not light on the T&A either. Though, HS of the Dead takes it to another lvl.

Edit: You guys seen the movie for HSotD? Its borderline softcore.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:18:42 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
Do you mean Soul Eater? That show had a very small amount of fan service but the show was absolutely fantastic!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:20:27 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
small amount? No way, the 1st ep already had that witch in the bathtub with the huge knockers. I had to turn it off cause the kids were watching with me and I was getting dirty looks from the wife again.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:20:59 PM PST
There's a lot of really good anime that's light on fanservice. A couple of great ones: Baccano, Darker than Black, Eden of the East, Death Note, and Monster. Some of them like Guren Laggan and Code Geass are excellent *despite* the massive amounts of fanservice, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:22:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 3:24:25 PM PST
You are correct There aren't many I watch. The ones i watch are: Detective Conan, Dragonball Z, FMA: Brotherhood, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Sergent Frog (Best Anime EVER made BTW)

EDIT: I've watched a few others, most i jsut don't find very interesting, my friend knows a LOT about anime so she lets me know which are fan service filled and which aren't :3

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:22:35 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
Well that one witch is all fan service but beyond her there really isn't that much. The main cast of characters are proportioned as regular people. I would recommend trying the show again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:34:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 3:35:19 PM PST
I agree about Soul Eater, great show! However, there is quite a bit more fanservice than just the witch (the female twins have their moments in the perv spotlight). It's actually kind of a shame because Maka (the young female protagonist) would have been an excellent role model if the show as a whole were a bit cleaner.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:54:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 3:54:54 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
They just don't make them like they use to like Record of the Lodoss War, Evagelion, Escaflowne. Just great story overall.
The other thing I don't like about current anime series is how whiney they all seem or all apathetic for example Nabari no Ou. Description says its about ninjas! Must be awesome, started watching....turned it off after a couple of eps.

I'll give Soul Eater another try.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:51:14 AM PST
OK So i purchased P3, and played it for a couple of hours. Ran the first 4 floors of the dungeon tower thingy and have a few thoughts.

Things I like:
+ I only have 5 or so, but the customization of the Persona's is at least interesting
+ Voice acting is pretty good, no one annoys me. yet. I love that Liam O'Brien (Illidan From WoW, War from Darksiders) Is one of the characters
+ Story so far is interesting and different than anything I've played before
+ Characters are interesting for the most part

Things I hope get a bit more interesting or change
: Combat is... atm a little bland. I don't think an enemy has actually hit back yet accept for one boss fight, where they got 2 attacks off in the whole fight. It also feels a bit slow and is not as interesting as I thought it would be. I kinda wish that changing a Persona took a turn. Hopefully it will pick up. I know the difficulty later will come in remembering the thing I'm fighting's weakness. But it just seems odd that my character get's to attack everything one time since i have their weakness, and THEN my other characters can all do the same. Perhaps Normal mode wasn't the best mode to start on.
: I fear that remembering where to go and what days clubs meet in school maaaay become hard for me to remember. Heck i've already forgotten when my club meets. Is there a way to check that?
: Kinda sad that only the main character can have more than one Persona
: Do I really have to watch the clock tick to midnight every time?

Things I Don't like
- The music. I REALLY don't like the music, not once has a song played that I wanted to hear, and I particularly don't like the combat music. I may end up having to mute the game when no one is talking which is a shame.
- Can't walk around. I don't like just having a cursor and selecting a location or something along those lines. It feels more like a Facebook or Ipad game without an actual charater. Maybe they did that to save space I dunno. It's not game breaking but I still don't like it.

All in all it's not too bad, perhaps I'm not far enough in (Only level 6 or so), I just don't see how this game get's 10/10.

Is P4 The same as this game?

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:09:25 AM PST
klopas says:
The difficulty will scale up as you progress. The early dungeon floors are to get you acclimated to the game.

Personally, I wouldn't focus on trying to have the perfect game, but to each their own. It can be difficult to remember who to meet up with and when. Sometimes you'll be given reminders, like so-and-so would like to talk to you after school. Then you'll have to pick between meeting up with one person or the other on the same day. Then you get social link points based on the conversation choices you make. You can max out every social link, but to me that was a chore. I just played through without thinking about it too much.

The PS2 version off the PSN is the best version in my opinion. You can run around and be free!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:11:25 AM PST
neu Tron says:
Good advice, klopas.

I agree that trying to do everything and keep every appointment will just end up in frustration. By no means do you need to play the game like this. Just play it however you feel like playing it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:11:41 AM PST
P4 allows you to walk around in towns, where P3P does not. P3 on PS2 did allow you to move around, but they had to cut this out due to PSP limitations. (I think the size of the UMD)

Fights do get much harder as you go deeper and deeper in to the tower. Save often, as I mistakenly fought a tough monster without saving for two hours and it decimated my party. Combining your personas, upgrading them, altering skills, etc, is really fun.

I think there is a calendar that lets you check which days you have to be where. It might be in your character's room? I forget.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:17:03 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
I really love the music :(

But yeah, battles will get harder. I guess the PSP couldn't handle the larger world like PS2 version so you get the weird "select a location" thing instead. Took me awhile to get use to it but I did.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:22:06 AM PST
neu Tron says:
Same here. I thought it had one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:45:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 5:45:16 AM PST
It's just not my music tastes is all. Music is of course subjective :3. Though I never agree in there being lyrics in songs in games when they are supposed to be background music. Blue Dragon's boss music is great, right up until they start singing.

Plus one of the songs drives me crazy, the song that plays when in the dorm that has lyrics to it. The reason it drives me crazy isn't because it's bad or I don't like it (I don't but that's OK) Is because another game has the same song in it, that same song is in Star Ocean 3 as a boss battle song, accept it's faster in SO3 and I actually like that version of it. Hearing it slow is weird!

Glad to hear that the fights get harder.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:50:30 AM PST
klopas says:
Dance.. gonna put you in a trance. move ya body, make sure you don't hurt nobody... somethin somethin burnin' desire.. yeah!

I feel ya, man. I learned to love that song though.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  131
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions