Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: NFL Week 10: Election blah blah. Let's get back to what really matters. WHO YA GOT!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 59 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:33:20 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Lewis and Webb. Both are major losses.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 10:14:15 AM PST
It's mine. I use the beat the insiders records and somehow they are off on the season totals by a game. Fixed

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:01:55 AM PST
RoadKing says:
I do agree that the Broncos team the Texans played is a different team now but the Ravens actually had a very good record when Lewis went out last time. I still think Texans and Falcons both haven't had a real test aside from GB whipping the Texans. Falcons slip by a couple of really bad teams and they call it finding a way to win. That's fine but they will be tested in the playoffs then we will see if they deserve the respect they are screaming for because of a regular season record.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 11:07:50 AM PST
Lewis' loss was more about a loss in leadership on the field. The loss of Webb was a bigger factor. The drop off behind webb was much larger than the drop off behind Lewis. Webb was a very good CB and his loss deeply weakens their secondary. With Suggs having to take it slow, Ngata banged up, Lewis and Webb out, that's just a lot to overcome.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:45:45 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Last week: 9-5
Season: 27-14

Colts @ Jags: Aweful game. I can't believe NFL network chose THIS. Colts.
Chargers @ Bucs: Bucs
Titans @ Phins: Dolphins
Bills @ Pats: Patriots
Raiders @ Ravens: Ravens. Sadly, I'm picking my #2 team over my #1 team.
Broncos @ Panthers: Broncos
Giants @ Bengals: Giants
Lions @ Vikings: Vikings
Falcons @ Saints: Falcons
Jets @ Seahawks: Jets
Cowboys @ Eagles: Cowboys.
Rams @ 9ers: 49ers.
Texans @ Bears: Bears. I think their defense will be too much.
Chiefs @ Steelers: Steelers

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:59:05 AM PST
The reason that the thursday night games this year suck is that the NFL promised every team a primetime game this year. Sunday and Monday night games are HUGE pulls and have contracts with ABC and NBC that require "good games" to be played. ABC and NBC aren't going to give time slots to games that are dumpster bowls. I'm actually kind of surprised that the Chiefs are playing in a Monday Night game. I suspect it's because they are playing the steelers who have the largest fan base of any team. But anyways...the crappy team's primetime games have to go somewhere. So thursday night it is. Face it. Only moderate to enthusiastic NFL watchers even watch the NFL channel because it's rarely part of the basic cable package...so you have to request it and pay more money to get it. They can put crappy teams on the thursday night games because they know the football fans are going to watch football regardless of the team.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:08:48 PM PST
Ravens win.

The end.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:11:40 PM PST
FOGE says:
Never more. Never more.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:29:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 12:29:58 PM PST
M. Stifler says:
Steelers/Chiefs isn't a dumpster bowl?

Edit: nevermind, I stopped reading your post, posted this, then read the rest.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:34:11 PM PST
SMH says:
All good...we've been neck and neck for weeks now. It will be interesting to see who comes out ahead at season's end.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:39:03 PM PST
Yeah it will be interesting. I'm not having as good of a year this year as I did the previous two. I was at 69% this time last year but this year i'm barely at 60. This year has been particularly difficult to predict as there are only a handful of dominant teams and bottom of the barrel teams. There are a larger portion of teams this year in the "average" range than normal.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:48:06 PM PST
SMH says:
I think both of us have had at least one 4-12 type week that pulled our season down quite a bit. I have no idea how I'm doing year over year at this point. Last year I didn't keep track.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:32:19 AM PST
I've had a couple. I know I had one week where I only got 2 or 3 right and another 4-12 week. It's been a lot of feast or famine for me this year.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 12:03:23 PM PST
Modern Wolf says:
Colts will crush the Jags tonight is my prediction, although if you think about it the Jags only win came from the Colts, so can they do it again?

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 5:36:31 AM PST
Colts did indeed crush them. Jags are going to have to do something major to turn this team around in the next few years. I don't think Gabbert is necessarily the problem either. Look at that WR corps...I don't even think Manning, Brees, or Brady could do anything with that. Their #1 weapon is hurt. Just a bad time to be a jags fan.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 5:39:06 AM PST
It warms my heart on this cold morning that so many people are picking da Bears!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 5:39:59 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
I think they need to move the team. A fresh start would be good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:03:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 6:05:11 AM PST
I normally would say that moving a team is detrimental to the team but being in the Jacksonville market is killing their ticket sales. Of course having an awful team is also killing their ticket sales. They need to make a larger FA splash this offseason and stock up on some offensive playmakers. Personally, if it were me, I'd trade MJD, stick with Gabbert one more year, sign some FA WR's like Dwayne Bowe and/or Mike Wallace, pick up a veteran RB and draft another RB in the 3rd round or so. Maybe sign another TE like Cook and replenish that D in the draft. That way next year Gabbert doesn't have any excuse for sucking. If he still sucks then the next year draft a QB.

But hey that's me. And that's why I'm a biostatistical research analyst and not an NFL GM

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:12:40 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
The need an O-line.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:14:15 AM PST
Ahh wasn't aware. Well there are plenty of FA's out there that can plug a hole or two until you get some more draft capital to spend.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:16:35 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Yeah, every analyst says Gabbert looks skiddish and scared to get hit, that's what happens when your o-line sucks. Look what happened to David Carr when he was with Houston.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 7:01:17 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 11, 2012 7:01:28 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 1:31:14 PM PST
Modern Wolf says:
Bucs win! Bucs win!

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 5:37:57 PM PST
Modern Wolf says:
Ravens beat a easy team

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 11:44:56 PM PST
M. Stifler says:
Last week: 9-5
Season: 27-14

This week so far: 8-5 (counted 49ers as a win)

Chiefs @ Steelers: Steelers
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  59
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions