Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The Walking Dead Discussion (TV show only, NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 2235 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 2:11:29 PM PST
Mojie55 says:
I was thinking that as well, but then I thought, people do stupid things.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 2:11:50 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Since we're on the topic of zombie blood getting in wounds, the whole time Randall was stabbing that zombie to death, he was getting blood all over his face. All I could think about was him getting it in his mouth. You'd think they'd be more conscious of this stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 2:31:03 PM PST
Mojie55 says:
I thought bites were the only way to spread it. The two guards with no bite marks threw me a bit. How did the infection first start?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 2:31:38 PM PST
user22 says:
Yeah, maybe Rick was just trying to rationalize? But wouldn't they all be dead by now if the infection were that easily spread outside of bites and scratches. Remember season 1 when Rick and Glen covered themselves in walker guts? Even without open wounds, you would think the infected blood could seep into the pores of their skin or get into their eyes or something, especially when it started raining and the blood/guts started dripping down them. I don't know, that seems to be the only flaw in the writing so far, until they come up with an explanation.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 3:30:56 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:27:17 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 4:07:11 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
ROFL.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 4:21:13 PM PST
user22 says:
Ha! High five for you and two thumbs up for whoever made that.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 4:22:16 PM PST
awesome

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 5:08:49 PM PST
Walking Dead started great, all the stuff that happened in Atlanta was awesome. Since then the show has gotten worse and worse. Now the whole show revolves around a group of people endlessly arguing on a farm. I'm not sure if its the writing or the show's budget but either way the show has gone down hill fast. I must not be the only one who feels this way because every week the ratings get worse.

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 12:15:30 PM PST
pasteyswazey says:
No Walking Dead posts today guys? What's up? What about that guy getting ripped in two last night? I felt bad for him. Thinking humanity is on the way out of human consciousness and then in a fit when he's storming away from the group, he goes and gets ripped in two by a zombie that kid Carl kind of let go free.

Man, no one stays in this show for long. You get attached, like there's a core group and then a zombie shows up and eats one of them. I guess you can't disagree with the group philosophically or politically--just stay in the pecking order and try to prove yourself valuable for as long as possible (know your role type deal).

I tried to find somewhere good to post; tried the channels website, but seems slightly wonky to post on and I'd just rather stir up some conversation here. I read on their forum where **slight, ever so slight spoiler** people are guessing Daryl's brother is running the group of the other 30 that the core group fears will find out where they are and have some type of hostile takeover. That'd be a good show.

And someone else on the other forum was distraught that this was more of a social drama than a horror show. I'm glad for that. I get a little squeamish when someone being ripped apart or decaying all over the place. I like to see how the writers reconstruct characters/possible choices/outcomes in an end of the world scenario.

So, what did you guys think of last night? Do you think they should have killed that one guy they saved earlier, but couldn't drop him off 18 miles out because he could find his way back to the farm. With everything the show presented, it looks like it would have been the right choice just to execute him. What do you think?

I actually try to catch this show or DVR it when I'm not around.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 12:16:23 PM PST
I haven't watched it yet. It is waiting for me on Zune Marketplace :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 12:44:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2012 12:49:21 PM PST
Ice King says:
At this point, I think killing the kid is their only choice. After all they've done to him if he wasn't planning on getting his people and coming back he absolutely is now.

I don't think it's Merle (Darryl's brother). I do have my theory about who's leading the group he belongs to but it's comic book related and I don't want to violate the rules of this topic. I do know that this particular character has been cast for next season though.

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 12:49:58 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
I was surprised by the ending of last night's show. There is no voice of reason now in the group...well I guess Andrea is coming back from the dark side. They should've killed off T-dawg, is that his name? He has not done anything or really part of the story for a couple of episodes now.
On a side note, why is it always so easy for zombies to rip into people like that? Its pretty tough rip through clothes and such.

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 12:51:28 PM PST
Nytmare says:
Agreed Kick. I'm thinking the same.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 1:10:55 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
TDawg is minor to the show, which wouldn't spark interest to most viewers. The decision of getting rid of Dale was right on the money since there is only 2 episodes left.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 1:14:05 PM PST
Ice King says:
I heard that it was also something they decided because the actor wasn't too thrilled about Frank Darabont no longer running the show and had asked to be let go.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 1:20:27 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
Yeah, the next 2 episodes should be good.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 1:38:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2012 1:39:16 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I hated last night's episode. Also, it was probably my favorite episode this season, ha. Despite it being almost all drama, I enjoyed the big questions that it asked, and the story arc of the episode.

They killed off the guy who had become my favorite character. Of course, I felt it coming near the end. The idea that people who uphold the laws and morals of society aren't fit to live in the cutthroat world of zombie infestations was an overbearing theme of the episode. It certainly wasn't a coincidence that Carl, representing this new, terrible world, would be the one to indirectly get the man killed who is stuck in the old world. His death felt imminent, though I was hoping beyond hopes that he'd make it. His death was a most potent-ending, but it was utterly gut-wrenching for me. Not because of the goriness (though it was well-done), but because I had really grown to like this character. I really felt sick to my stomach when I knew he was out.

And here's another tidbit to show that his death really got to me - all I could think about was how someone should let him know in his last moments that they had changed their mind about Randall. Obviously he was in shock and it probably wouldn't have made a difference, but I'd still like to think he went with the peace of mind that humanity hasn't completely lost its way. Still, he went down with his convictions intact.

I really empathize with the guy. I feel like that'd be me in the situation. I'm not as compassionate as Rick (I'd probably have left Randall alone to die in the first place), but I'd be the fool harping on the morals of yore, and get killed because the world has changed. I'd be alright with that.

I feel like they made the right choice no matter the consequences, but again, I'm all wrapped up in this "keep your humanity through it all" aspect.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 2:42:29 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:27:32 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 3:49:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2012 3:50:51 AM PST
[G.H.O.S.T.] says:
Well said dood. I'm going to miss having him around. That character has been one of my favorites since the first season, I guess because I could see a little bit of myself in him.

That said, I see a little bit of Daryl in myself as well, and believe that Carl should 'fess up about his little trip to the woods and catch a good old fashioned country ass-whoopin'.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 4:11:11 AM PST
J. says:
I recently read through TWD Compendium 1, and now I can't wait for the show writers to say "We should go back to the comic", and completely turn this show on its head.

Good show, great comic, hope they both stick around for a while.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 6:58:23 AM PST
Nytmare says:
For me, the best moment of it all was when Daryl went to shoot him... he lined up the shot, and they showed him looking down the gun... immediately my brain went "And Shepards we shall be... for thee my lord for thee..."

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 7:19:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2012 7:23:05 AM PST
Shane out lived Dale?

I'm officially disappointed in the TV show.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 7:20:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2012 7:21:21 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
You've got it backwards.

Edit: And also I think your post goes against the spirit of this thread, Comic Book Reader Guy!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 7:21:25 AM PST
Ice King says:
I don't think Shane is that far behind though.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  138
Total posts:  2235
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions